Shoujo Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

It did quite well :D...
I’m glad to hear that.


but this one litte thing keeps nagging at me...Trough i think I strayed a bit for this manga topic... =^^= and it's getting tad too complicated for my tastes... So let's just leave it where it is...
Okay :), although I think the topic was getting very interesting…
It’s always nice and interesting to see the guys’ POV and perspective about these things so thank you for sharing them. ^_^

=^^= either way Arigatou gozaimasu for Your bering with me up to this point :amuse ありがとうございます。。。
You’re very welcome.



New chapter is out
 
Last edited:

shirogami_tsukasa

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

OK so in the latest chapter...Kyoko's recalling a feeling she had not long ago... and it showed her face from when she played another role...I have a very bad memory so does anyone know what role that is??
Also can't wait for the next chapter...i love jealous Ren, muhahha.
None of my friends read shoujo, so whenever I want to talk about SB, i get a little sad...but I remembered this thread! So yay~
 

talli

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 5, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

OK so in the latest chapter...Kyoko's recalling a feeling she had not long ago... and it showed her face from when she played another role...I have a very bad memory so does anyone know what role that is??
The role she recalls that feeling from is when she played Kuon (Koo's son, Corn etc lol) and the role first started to take hold of her. (Koo challenged her and she rose up to it "through" Kuon)


(To Mod: Sorry for double posting but I can't see where to delete my previous post and editing won't bump this so please combine *bow*)

anyone know which chapter shows the whole corn flashback??
I made a list. There isn't a complete flashback of what happened with corn - just bits and pieces throughout the whole manga and you never actually see his face but here goes ~

Vol 4 ch 19/20
Vol 5 ch 26
Vol 6 ch 32 - 35
Vol 8 ch 45
Vol 11 ch 61
Vol 13 ch 78
Vol 16 ch 92/93
Vol 17 ch 98 and 99
Vol 18 ch 105
(For more info on Kuon basically the Koo arc - Vol 19)
Vol 20 ch 120

I don't think I missed anything but sorry if I have
 
Last edited:

•Sasuke•

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
869
Reaction score
7,307
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Last edited:

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Chapter 158 is out! :) And Ren stole the chapter for me.

While I really liked seeing Kyoko so worried about Ren and even trying to protect him and defend him :), I absolutely loved how Ren got all serious and stopped dodging the attacks the very moment Kyoko got hurt by one of the bad boys. They should have known better than to mess with Ren’s girl, he is now angry and ready to fight back and protect his girl.
 

talli

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 5, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

159 is out.

A glimpse of Ren's past is revealed ~. I personally don't think he actually killed anyone but what do you think? I also like the way Kyoko handled Ren's confusion although she probably doesn't see the big picture and just thinks he was acting out "B.J" and not that he seems to have forgotten himself again. Just my impression though..

Next chapter I hope we touch more onto the growing dynamics of the Heel siblings relationship with maybe a bit of Ren's past or thoughts. What about you?
 

rmz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Skip Beat! - Discussion

I can't quite agree with the similarity between Kaikan Phase and Skip Beat. Kyoko has so much more strength and, in my opinion, personality! She fights on her own, and doesn't expect others to come to her rescue, which makes her very thankful (not in a corny way) to whoever comes through for her.

I really want Ren to be more open about his feelings, since she's still oblivious to ever having a chance with him. At the same time, I'm glad they have such a solid friendship right now.

I would love to be Kyoko's friend... there are times when her evil side is very very much like mine. I just can't eject demons to attack.
i have 2 agree with u....i dont really c any similiarities between kaikan phase & skip beat then the heroines never giving up on what they believe in.

i think if ren would c kyoko as a maturing female more then just a follow co-worker he change his mind....love skip beat....best shojo ever
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Awww...i never know that latest chapter is out.Thanks! .
I think this Cain Heel arc is really intersting. First we see how Ren almost lost his mind and we finally get to start seeing a glimpse of his past, which is something i've been dying to know after 21 volumes! It's time for the fans to know more, and it seems that Ren is indeed the dark cahracter that I've always suspected.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,479
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

i really hope for season 2 of the beat. it should be so many epic scenes

@Destiny4ever u became my god after i saw ur ava and sig
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Is there a season 2 of the anime? Was it annouced anywhere? Totally missed out on this.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,479
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Dunno if anything had this idea before,but I had some thoughts about Kyoko's Mom.Well we can clearly see that kyoko has a huge talent as an actress.It could be just a coincidence,but looking back at how her mom was, extremely evil strict e.t.c I kinda have a feeling that her mom might of been some good actresses but in the middle of her career some drama happened to her that ruined her acting life.Well seeing as how she basically hated her daughter(thats what Kyoko said anyway),it might of been that she got pregnant with her and it somehow got in the way of her acting or somehting.well dunno i thought i would just share this thought
 

stopkids

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

i can't wait for next volume... i love this manga
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I love it too :wtf
Wai is this thread so dead :yelling
Anyway, bumping it with my thoughts.
I just finished catching up with it afterall.
First, I really hope that kyoko and ren will be a couple after this arc ends and their relationship develop.
I mean its been so long since SB started and with all the teasing <_< I really hope it happens.
Either by this arc or the next one.. but if it doesn't happen, I'm perfectly fine too.. watching them interact like that is genuinely enjoyable.

I would like to hear thoughts about this current arc.. I know it seems like incest :XD but I think its good for kyoko and ren relationship.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,479
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

I love it too :wtf
Wai is this thread so dead :yelling
Anyway, bumping it with my thoughts.
I just finished catching up with it afterall.
First, I really hope that kyoko and ren will be a couple after this arc ends and their relationship develop.
I mean its been so long since SB started and with all the teasing <_< I really hope it happens.
Either by this arc or the next one.. but if it doesn't happen, I'm perfectly fine too.. watching them interact like that is genuinely enjoyable.

I would like to hear thoughts about this current arc.. I know it seems like incest :XD but I think its good for kyoko and ren relationship.
well regarding koyoko and ren's relationship..... TBH I dont see this happening any time soon.Why? because koyoko doesnt want to fall in love ever again. I still think she loves Sho on a some level. But then again i do hope that she ends up with Ren. Is it only me who thinks that koyoko is extremely beautiful with long hair? she looks like 20+ and not 16 or w/e she is. I already posted this before but ill do it again, tell me what u guys think
Regarding koyoko mom. I actually think that she was some great actress before. And that she was forced to quitt being an actress becuz she got pregnant with koyoko.Hence explains why she hated her own child so much. Also explains why koyoko has such an amazing acting talent. I do believe that acting skills run in blood. but well it is just my little theory. Would like to hear your feedbacks
@Zel- what do you mean by incest????/:o
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

well regarding koyoko and ren's relationship..... TBH I dont see this happening any time soon.Why? because koyoko doesnt want to fall in love ever again. I still think she loves Sho on a some level. But then again i do hope that she ends up with Ren. Is it only me who thinks that koyoko is extremely beautiful with long hair? she looks like 20+ and not 16 or w/e she is.
She's always extremely beautiful :noworry
But you're right about that.
I actually hope that it happens soon because Kyoko started noticing her feelings for ren already but I'm sure it won't be too soon.

Regarding koyoko mom. I actually think that she was some great actress before. And that she was forced to quitt being an actress becuz she got pregnant with koyoko.Hence explains why she hated her own child so much. Also explains why koyoko has such an amazing acting talent. I do believe that acting skills run in blood. but well it is just my little theory. Would like to hear your feedbacks
That makes sense, if one day kyoko mentions her mother name, everyone will be shocked that her mother is actually quite popular.
But then again, if she is that popular, won't kyoko have heard of her already?
Anyway, I'm sure that there will be an arc in the future covering her mother. She obviously left her for some reason and that reason being showbiz will make sense.


@Zel- what do you mean by incest????/:o
The brother-sister love thing is incest. When the sister falls in love with her brother or the other way round.
Some people hate it some people like it.
I'm okay with it as it is only acting but its good if their relationship develop during the act :wtf

I wonder how many years will it take till skip beat ends?
There's still alot of question unanswered and sb has been going on for 9 years now.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

*enters the world of Skip Beat!*

Okay. Now I see why people are so hyped over this series. The pure craziness of the plot and characters, yet there are beautiful hidden messages conveyed among those scenes, is just awesome. I have only come as far as 14 chapters but I have laughed hard thanks to the crazy Kyoko. The motive of revenge is never right, but I'd love to see how that motive would someday change, ohohoho~

At first it feels like there were just too many things got pushed up in one page. I felt like confused and lost quite often, but I think I'm getting used to it. XD The art is kinda old, but still nice.

*goes to continue reading*
 
Last edited:

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Haha, skip beat is awesome in a different way.
The best part is yet to come...at least for you :p
I recommend using mangafox when possible.
Mangareader have problems with some of their scans, you need the best experience with sb :woo
So glad you decided to join us phio :wtf
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,479
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Haha, skip beat is awesome in a different way.
The best part is yet to come...at least for you :p
I recommend using mangafox when possible.
Mangareader have problems with some of their scans, you need the best experience with sb :woo
So glad you decided to join us phio :wtf
its just as z-kun saying read on mangafox. MR is crappy sometimes. And that "sometimes" are crucial parts.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

LOL~ To be honest I was reading at MangaFox indeed. I don't use MangaReader that much. ^^;

Kyoko's character is very funny. It was kinda amazing to see how pure revenge could motivate her that far, though it is not something new, strictly speaking, lol. I like how she is a very spirited woman. Her bad traits... perhaps, her short temper, but sometimes that inspired and motivated someone else to do better, like in Rukiko's case. Nice. Though it also backfired to her most of the times.

I have to say that the boys are not handsome. Handsome, I say. Ren is cool, however. Blunt and funny, though he could be polite when needed. Nice combination. I've yet to fall in love with him or something of the sort. Shotaro (I like that nickname, oh yeah) is still far away from being explained so I have nothing to say yet about him. Except being a very mean guy. XD

It seems like each series must have one eccentric character. A well-played roll by the director. XD The supporting characters did well, in my opinion. In general, I enjoyed them all. ^__^
 
Top