Theory - Soma And Erina's Mothers | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Soma And Erina's Mothers

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Soma´s mother has been left out of the story completely so far except a picture that has been purposely obscured.

What do you think her identity might be? Do you think she will play an important role in the future?

Shounenfan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
It's just too early to tell, but my guess would be either dead from food poisoning (supposedly caused by her husband or her son) or being a very important chef somewhere.

Kaizou 10

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I predict Souma's mother is possibly related to the Nakiri family.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I agree. In the picture we can see that his mother have blond hair. It's just can be coincidence, but in mangas there aren't coincidences.
About her whereabouts, Soma doesn't talk about your family very much in the school, so probably we won't have much informations by him. I don't think that she is a important chef, otherwise she supposedly should have studied in Tootsuki and Doujima should remember this.

Eru13

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I don't think so, her hair is light brown and her last name Yukihira (Jouichirou married into her family)

Kaizou 10

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't think so, her hair is light brown and her last name Yukihira (Jouichirou married into her family)
I don't mean Souma's mother has a biological relationship with Nakiri family; I meant the relationship as general, like she is a friend of Nakiri family or used to work for them, etc.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
being a very important chef somewhere.
I'm getting lots of Bleach vibes here about Soma's mother. Think about it, the mother of the main character is the most mysterious person in the manga and there's very little info about her, meaning that there is quite possibly something big about her. And the father married into her family name, and is one of the top dogs in the manga (and also someone considered worthy of respect from a bigger top dog).

I'm betting 10 to 1 this manga will jump on the badass mommies bandwagon just like how Bleach and Naruto did. I'm betting Soma's mother is someone considered equal to the top chefs of the academy or at least someone considered worthy of respect to them.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
The secret Jouichirou gave Soume to become a great chief was: "to meet a woman that will make you want to give all the food you make to her". Since it's said when the picture is shown, she and Jou have had a relationship based on cooking and food, and possibly he owns part of her master skills to the fact that he wanted to cook for her. Now that's shown in the first chapter, and the second chapter, that introduces Nakiri is entitled 'God's tongue' in reference to her skill in tasting food. I'd say, Souma's mother should have had a great taste.

Last edited:

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
maybe she is part of Nakiri family and she is the daughter of this guy :D

and from the look of this page maybe he was reminded of what happen before (Jouichiro and Soma's mom)

Last edited:

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
Doubt it. If the Yukihira Genius's mother is Senior Nakiri's daughter, or if, one of illegitimate children (my speculations no offense), it is highly possible that Soma be in the bed of roses along with the Nakiri. Sadly Saiba rather chose humility and frugal life style makes this speculations unlikely possible.

kadnan2

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
is it the reason Jouichirou didnt graduate?

MiniGust

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well here is what I think:

* Why whe don't know Soma's mother?
- She is probably hospitalized, and have a very bad medical condition , that explains for me why Jouichirou left the scool, and make some travelling to get money eventually.

* Why Soma don't know about this ?
- Jouichirou start to teach Soma when se was hospitalized, that would make the kid busy and with the challenges is for soma forget about the fact that his mom is not there anymore!

some things that would make my point:
This is probably one of the last moments of her before go to hospital
http://mangafox.me/manga/shokugeki_no_soma/v01/c001/48.html
He whe get to know that soma start to cook at 3 years old
http://mangafox.me/manga/shokugeki_no_soma/v01/c004/16.html
That probably the first time that Erina meet with Jouichirou, and seem to me that she has more than 3 Y.O
http://mangafox.me/manga/shokugeki_no_soma/v05/c034/19.html

markiemark

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Soma and erina may share the same momma... haha i hope not.

Aszai

Reaction score
Country
Australia
She was Elite 10 seat 3 inc.

upheaval pegasus

Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe that Souma's mother is a branch member of the nakiri family she could be dead because in the family picture Souma did not have a scar on his eyebrow and probably got it when his mother saved him in an accident(this is my opinion based on thd information from the anime and manga)

Hachibukai

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
If she is dead, Souma should visit her grave before he is in his second year inside Tootsuki. (I'm taking for granted that he visits her every year)

thepath

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
She's alive. Why? because she was never mentioned deceased. I'm sure she's gonna have a mother-son arc before souma graduates.

I hope she is not a nakiri. Cause that means souma and erina are cousins....eww. This manga should not turn into hajimete no aku.

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
She's alive. Why? because she was never mentioned deceased. I'm sure she's gonna have a mother-son arc before souma graduates.

I hope she is not a nakiri. Cause that means souma and erina are cousins....eww. This manga should not turn into hajimete no aku.
And was it ever mentioned she hasn't passed on? That's some quirky logic you have there. She could also be separated from Jouichirou, for all we know. There's just too little info on her to make any strong case on her (current) status.

Again, you're overreacting. We're talking about a Jump series here. And you seem to have forgotten Jouichirou's former (family) name was Saiba.

Eru13

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
And was it ever mentioned she hasn't passed on? That's some quirky logic you have there. She could also be separated from Jouichirou, for all we know. There's just too little info on her to make any strong case on her (current) status.

Again, you're overreacting. We're talking about a Jump series here. And you seem to have forgotten Jouichirou's former (family) name was Saiba.
Besides, Souma doesn't have grandparents...