Shounen Soul Eater by OOKUBO Atsushi

Shrimp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
422
Reaction score
31
Gender
Male
Country
France
I think in the next chapter Soul will help Medusa to free Maka by amplifing her soul wave. Medusa with a scythe would be badass.
Well, on the second to last page, you can see that both Soul and Medusa have been hit by the attack : Soul may have only been hit on the arm, but Medusa looks like she's been turned into a puppet as well. I think they will need help from someone else, unless Soul can do something by himself...

But I think (hope ^^) in the next chapter we'll see the continuation of Black Star's fight ; we haven't heard of him for four chapters, dammit, WE NEED MOAR BLACK STARZ ! :p
 

Shake

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
391
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
BS is awesome indeed, yet Maka and Soul need some spotlight as well ;)
Maybe we'll see Soul fighting on his own and in the process cutting the wires of Maka and Medusa. Soul did plan to become stronger for the sake of protecting Maka, especially when he saw Justin Law fighting.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
We.Need.BLACKSTAR! He is greater than a God! He needs more screentime! Or..panels. Or...whatever. HE NEEDS TO KICK ASS!
 

Shindou

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Messages
94
Reaction score
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
Poland

i can't wait :amuse
 

wade69

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
258
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This sucks theres still not even a 54 raw out yet that can be used for a Edited Manga :(
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Wade, there's a MQ RAW for chapter 54 now, maybe that'll work?
 

bellcrossage

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
28
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
You can read the Edited Manga on here: http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/read/252/soul_eater/chapter.70748.13-055.0/

It's a great chapter.

I am going to go into spoiler mode, since I don't know how many people have read the chapter [Note: It's only my opinion, and it shouldn't be taken as fact, since I don't know where Ookubo-sensei is going with the story]:

With Arachne dead, I think Eibon was the one responsible, since I think he was never on Arachne's side to begin with at all. However, this may be wrong, but I am just thinking that Eibon didn't want to help Arachne and Arachniphobia in their war against Shinigami and Shibusen.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
"If I stand, I can surpass God!
...yeah right, I'm too much of an idiot for a thing like that.."

Am I the only one who thinks that the way he said that means that he doesn't think that BS is an idiot?

Also,



...is it me or does that guy look a lot like Sherlock Holmes?
.....Okay, Kid and BlackStar are on my top5 favorite characters....ever. In any manga. But still.....GO SHERLOCK HOLMES GO!
 

bellcrossage

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
28
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
"If I stand, I can surpass God!
...yeah right, I'm too much of an idiot for a thing like that.."

Am I the only one who thinks that the way he said that means that he doesn't think that BS is an idiot?

Also,



...is it me or does that guy look a lot like Sherlock Holmes?
.....Okay, Kid and BlackStar are on my top5 favorite characters....ever. In any manga. But still.....GO SHERLOCK HOLMES GO!
Are you talking about the guy in the hat? That's Eibon, if you are
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I wonder what eibon is up to. It looks like he has his own plans. My guess: I think eibon will turn into a good guy, he might be the usefull guy in the war against the kishin. Then again I could be totally wrong
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Are you talking about the guy in the hat? That's Eibon, if you are
I know he is Eibon. But he looks like Sherlock Holmes in that picture.
.......GO SHERLOCK HOLMES GO!
 

bellcrossage

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
28
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I wonder what eibon is up to. It looks like he has his own plans. My guess: I think eibon will turn into a good guy, he might be the usefull guy in the war against the kishin. Then again I could be totally wrong
I doubt he was ever on Arachne's side anyway.

The way Ookubo-sensei had written the chapter leads people to think that Eibon is an aloof character. He is an unknown factor as of now. I think next chapter, we may know what his plans are.
 

Ponera

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
42
Reaction score
6
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Switzerland
About Eibon, just some thoughts:

I think, he used Arachne and her plans, to work on his own plot. Maybe revenge, probably a conflict with Shinigami. I just get the feeling, that Shinigami himself got a lot dirt on the stick too. Maybe someting about Brew, or Eibon's ability of creating Demontools itself.
Well, right now, everything turns for Eibon into a positive way, since Kid, who just appeared, has Brew with him, which would be useful for him in the battle against Mosquito, i guess.
... but then, i actually get the feeling, that we won't see a battle between Eibon & Mosquito in the next chapter, because of Kid's entrance...

Did someone read 'The Book of Eibon' from Clark Ashton Smith? It's not just the name, Eibon from C.A. Smith is also an sorcerer. He escaped, after he was about to get arrested, because he whorshipped the heathen toadgod Tsathoggua.
And as the title says, Eibon was writing a book about his magic and his adventures.
Okay, Ookubo's Eibon summons ghostly worm-like creatures from his book, but he has a book too and he's a sorcerer too. And the name.
But it makes me wonder, got Ookubo inspired by C.A.Smith's book, did he know/read it? If yes, maybe Eibon got dismissed in the past about anything... lol, i dunno, i think it's better i stop here xDD

... one month is just too long *bawls*
 

sylvira

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
158
Reaction score
10
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I agree with Ponera on how Eibon was using Arachne to achieve his own ends. And to answer your question, a lot of the names Ookubo comes up with are based on names from other things, like Kiriko, so it could have been the case.
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yes Eibon is most certainly not on Arachne's side, as for which side he's on, I would imagine that it would be Kirin's side all things considered.
 

shadowchii

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
113
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I really want to see more of the Kishin. Is it just me? ^^;
For some reason, Im starting to really love Asura.
 
Top