Shounen Soul Eater by OOKUBO Atsushi

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Merry Xmas early y'all! (Plus I think I'll be scanning HQ raws for all from now on too :D)

Anyhow...

POOR KID-KUN!!!!!!!! eibon "collected" him (along with BREW)

and omg! Black Stars 0 form is super awesome!!!! Masmune XD
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
GO BLACK STAR GO!
And...Oh my God Sherlock Holmes(Eibon) is awesome!
 

ikuroi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
478
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Nice to see Noah on action, too bad for Kid, felt sorry for the thompson sisters.

Awesome that Black star got the Masamune, nice last double page by Okubo.
 
Last edited:

wade69

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
258
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Merry Xmas early y'all! (Plus I think I'll be scanning HQ raws for all from now on too :D)

Anyhow...

POOR KID-KUN!!!!!!!! eibon "collected" him (along with BREW)

and omg! Black Stars 0 form is super awesome!!!! Masmune XD
Best news ever.
 

sylvira

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
158
Reaction score
10
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
It's good to have a taste of what Noah can do, but now we also have this overwhelmingly powerful enemy that Shibusen also has to fight. And Kidd-kun, how will they ever get you out of that book? D:

On the other hand, I can't wait for the rest of Black Star and Mifune's fight.
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Noah's rape face was pretty messed up. I loved how it looked a lot like Steins crazy face. Anyways I liked the Patti and Liz development.

The fight should get interesting from here on out.
 

Shake

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
391
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Quite daring to make Kid disappear from the scene since he's one of the favs. Too bad mosquito dude got blown away, he was fun too watch. I hope with this other characters will start to bloom (go Soul :) ). BS looks awesome indeed, kinda reminds me of that main char from Disagaea.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Quite daring to make Kid disappear from the scene since he's one of the favs. Too bad mosquito dude got blown away, he was fun too watch. I hope with this other characters will start to bloom (go Soul :) ). BS looks awesome indeed, kinda reminds me of that main char from Disagaea.
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Now that you mention, Laharl and BlackStar are alike.
Now I'm kinda of expecting Black Star to say "I'M THE OVERLORD! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!"
 

AkatsukiNoTobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Messages
562
Reaction score
115
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For those interested, the Soul Eater anime has been licensed by FUNimation in the USA and Canada. I was kinda shocked when Death the Kid was "collected." I know it isn't permanent, but maybe Shinigami-sama will want revenge somehow :P
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
"I am NOT holding back!"
GO BLACKSTAR GO! KICK HIS ASS!
God, when does the next chapter come out again? I can barely wait until next month!
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
"I am NOT holding back!"
GO BLACKSTAR GO! KICK HIS ASS!
God, when does the next chapter come out again? I can barely wait until next month!
I too want more of Noah's rape face.

The battle between Mifune and B*S will probablly end next chapter too. Havings said that I doubt their will be a clear victor or even if it will end officially. Theirs a high chance it'll be interrupted to many things are going on inside the fortress.
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
What a chapter. The fight between mifune and black star is just way better than their previous encounter. Those two are very alike. The end? It's a cliffhanger which outcome you want to see asap. I think this is for me the best chapter
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It was a good chapter, more of a focus on the 'fight' then actual story and I think that helped.

The pacing was really good and It left me wanting more, so overall i think it was a really good chapter.

Now do I think the outcome is going to be predictable? Probably, but that's not the point lol.
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The fight between Mifune and Black Star was pretty awesome especially the end where it was hit for hit.

But man the art style was a little weird because of how raw it felt but it helped me get into the fight. I enjoyed the fight more because even the art felt more...wild I guess would be a good word.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Who won? BlackStar or Mifune? I can't tell from the chapter....argh!
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Hmmm I dare to say: a tie score. Mifune and Black Star aren't opponents to win against each other by killing someone. If one wins this fight then I think it'll be more a psychological win (mifune changing into a goodie)
 

Shake

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
391
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
I think BS will win and that Ursula (little witch) will come out and stand before Mifune and protect him by telling BS not to kill him. It's nice that Kid and BS got a lot stronger and that Maka and Soul are about to do the same since Arachnia doesn't seem to be as dead as she should be.
 

AkatsukiNoTobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Messages
562
Reaction score
115
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope we get to see these later chapters animated. The anime ends at episode 51 as far as we know, and that'll leave these later events not done.

Here's to hoping =3 Excellent fight, by the way. I hate Black*Star when he's all arrogant, but I love him when he fights.
 

Shrimp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
422
Reaction score
31
Gender
Male
Country
France
I hope we get to see these later chapters animated. The anime ends at episode 51 as far as we know, and that'll leave these later events not done.
The anime looks like it's going into fillers anyway ; Maka using the Demon Hunting wavelength sooner than she had in the manga (that's too bad, in the mini-arc where she learns it, Blair was super cool :p), and now JB's role seems to be completely different, from an investigator to some kind of waterway technician ? :s

But now that Kim and Jackie are back with the good guys, I'm sure Angela could have her place in Shibusen too, and Mifune could become a teacher there... didn't Sid already asked him when they fought ?
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Mifune, a loli-lover in Shibusen? Yeah, I see it happening.

I was really surprised by the drawing style in this chapter, though it seemed very sketchy, especially in those last few pages, it suited the atmosphere of the fight. Can't wait till the next chapter, I want to see the outcome of the fight.

And does anyone see Sid becoming a fatherly figure for Black Star sometime in the future?
 
Top