Shounen Soul Eater by OOKUBO Atsushi

Shake

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
391
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
I think in time he will but for now we "just" have to enjoy him asymmetrically. ;)
Chrona must somehow mean a lot to Medusa since she is willing to part with a powerful weapon like Brew and yet it doesn't make sense. If it amplifies soul waves why wouldn't Medusa use it on her self and break Chrona out herself? I don't see why she couldn't use it herself.
 

Shrimp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
422
Reaction score
31
Gender
Male
Country
France
Perhaps she can't ? We don't really know how it works, but since it was made partially by Shinigami-sama, witches may not be able to use it. Or perhaps noone knows how to use it except him and Eibon (if that was his name), and Brew reacted to some unknown factor when Kidd (who's also a shinigami, which may be part of the equation) was beaten up ?... well basically we know nothing yet, but assumptions are fun :P
 

Shake

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
391
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
It could indeed be possible that people don't know how to use brew. If it wouldn't react with whitches than why would medusa want Brew. Maybe she figured that if she could get brew she would have a way to use Shibusen, in this case freeing Chrona.

I also think the musquito dude knows how to use brew, it's the way he reacted when Brew was activated. Maybe he was there at that when Brew was made, he is certainly old enough. I am still curious how Shigami is related to Eibon, and maybe even the musquito dude.
 

Helltroll

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
686
Reaction score
140
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Got bored yesterday and started reading through Soul Eater. I have finished it since an hour and I must say that this is a really cool and interesting manga. Art and story are superb and it's giving me the same vibe as FMA, which is always a good sign. However I would like to ask if should bother to watch the anime, I heard that it's pretty good and I want to see Kid and Maka fighting.
 

Shrimp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
422
Reaction score
31
Gender
Male
Country
France
It's always nice to see new fans of one of our favourite manga ! ;) Glad you like it !

And yes the anime is really nice, animation is really good (which makes combats really dynamic) and the OST is pure gold. Go watch it ! (not to mention the special Exca-awesome-libur episode)
 

Inevitable_Exit

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 29, 2007
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ah ! I just read through all the issues thus far of Soul Eater over the past two days. Quite amazing. As a quick question, when is the next issue usually released? I noticed it usually said around the 12th of the month, so around the same time as FMA I am assuming?

This manga has been really enjoyable thus far. Action packed, comedy and really fan-servicey ((Is that a word?)). :D
 

Shake

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
391
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Glad this manga is getting the attention it deserves :)
The manga is indeed released around the same as FMA but it also depends on how fast it's being scanlated. Anime is also nice, especially the slick battles ;)
 

Shake

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
391
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Oe, it's almost Edited Manga time, pretty pics like that makes waiting harder :)
 

Milfeuille

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Yay First post :tem and Mizune looks HAWT cant wait till the Edited Manga's out
 

wade69

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
258
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
3 Mizune's together is awesome.
 

ukigumo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
27
Reaction score
64
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
China

Token

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
oh man I love soul eater, nice story line, good action, echii comedy, and insanity...gotta love insanity...
 

Shake

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
391
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Sweet, Kid is now able to use his new power without Brew :)
I think in the next chapter Soul will help Medusa to free Maka by amplifing her soul wave. Medusa with a scythe would be badass.
 

Token

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think this is great for Kid, but what gets me is this Eibon guy, he seems really intelligent meaning that when he steps up to the plate there better be a pretty powerful meister or weapon to fight him. Anyway I wanted to bring up a question, anyone can answer....Kid's demon tool, Tempest {a.k.a BREW}, are there other Demon tools like them? I only ask because when the Mosquito guy fought him he described its characteristics as if he knew about others just as well
 

Shrimp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
422
Reaction score
31
Gender
Male
Country
France
It seems like Mosquito was already there when the demon tools were created, it's possible he played a part in their creation, or he just had a few hundred years to research them...
 

dragunov

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
i love the manga. and right now, i am applying for the inpmangaz staff so that i could join in the staff where they will scantalate the soul eater. :)
 
Top