The Bravery

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: I am fortunate.

What?! you haven't read berserk :gwah I recommend berserk over anything anytime(besides op ofc)
but seeing as you have such great lineups for yourself, whatever else I recommend will pale in comparison.
Hmm..the only one that comes to my mind at this moment is slam dunk and gto, but both are so great that you prob read it already.
have you read shingeki no kyojin? It's awesome too.
I've not read Slam Dunk or GTO either :o I guess it's bad....I know Slam Dunk is on my MAL but I haven't checked it in a while, so I'll need to update it.

Shingeki no Kyojin is a manga I didn't hear about until a few months ago but I've not even read the synopsis on to see what it's like. I'll definitely be checking some stuff out from tomorrow :bmgai
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: I am fortunate.

Tbh, I only knew that you were taking chinese lessons so you having chinese blood surprised me :zomg
Aww, that's so sweet, a real warming reunion :love
Oh, I haven't told you before? It's a shame really... I have chinese blood yet I can't speak chinese. :p
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: I am fortunate.

Your set. It is just :wtf!

What brings you back to Umineko, dear friend? :lmao
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: I am fortunate.

I've not read Slam Dunk or GTO either :o I guess it's bad....I know Slam Dunk is on my MAL but I haven't checked it in a while, so I'll need to update it.

Shingeki no Kyojin is a manga I didn't hear about until a few months ago but I've not even read the synopsis on to see what it's like. I'll definitely be checking some stuff out from tomorrow :bmgai
which one exactly are you checking out?
Did you just finished reading anything recently? I've still pondering over what to read next :headscratch but maybe I'll just stick to my
english novels, been a long time since I sat down and quietly read books..

Oh, I haven't told you before? It's a shame really... I have chinese blood yet I can't speak chinese.
hey that reminds me of someone!
that's right, that reminds me of zeltrax, which is me!
:rofl

..okay..
not funny.
I'm aiming to get a b4 or b3 for my chinese this year but because I don't have the foundation thats impossible :crying
my chinese classes, my teacher placed me in an elite class(with chinese elites) and I can't even read a single line in
a passage! WHAT EMBARASSMENT, THIS EMBARASSMENT MADE ME WANT TO WORK HARDER!
but i'm just saying you know..who am I kidding, I don't think I'll make it :fail
I hate chinese classes.


Your set. It is just !

What brings you back to Umineko, dear friend?
I'm finally going to finish my journey of umineko, who taught me so many uncountable things, taught me what real miracles
is..and gave me so much hope.
UMINEKO LIVES ON FOREVER :yelling :wtf
I feel like rave-level of fangirling right now..uh, fanboying.
Rave been missing in action for too loooong now.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: I am fortunate.

hey that reminds me of someone!
that's right, that reminds me of zeltrax, which is me!
:rofl

..okay..
not funny.
I'm aiming to get a b4 or b3 for my chinese this year but because I don't have the foundation thats impossible :crying
my chinese classes, my teacher placed me in an elite class(with chinese elites) and I can't even read a single line in
a passage! WHAT EMBARASSMENT, THIS EMBARASSMENT MADE ME WANT TO WORK HARDER!
but i'm just saying you know..who am I kidding, I don't think I'll make it :fail
I hate chinese classes.
Oh, poor you. :oh
I'm really grateful that (I don't know how) I don't have to take any chinese class. My chinese was good enough for my elementary school's chinese class so I passed, then I got into a public middle school so I didn't get any chinese class. In high school, since I got into science class, I got japanese class (the social class got chinese class while the language class of course got both of them). Now, since I'm taking an english major, no chinese class. So.. I don't have any chinese class for approximately 8 years. :oh
If I ever got confused with chinese language, I have my dad and my friends in the chinese major whom I can ask; so, if I consider it again, I never really have any need to learn it though it's indeed a shame, considering my chinese roots.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: I am fortunate.

which one exactly are you checking out?
Did you just finished reading anything recently? I've still pondering over what to read next :headscratch but maybe I'll just stick to my
english novels, been a long time since I sat down and quietly read books..
I'm checking out Berserk all day today.
Nope, all the series I'm reading right now are still ongoing. You read novels??? What would you recommend?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: I am fortunate.

I've not read Slam Dunk or GTO either :o I guess it's bad....I know Slam Dunk is on my MAL but I haven't checked it in a while, so I'll need to update it.

Shingeki no Kyojin is a manga I didn't hear about until a few months ago but I've not even read the synopsis on to see what it's like. I'll definitely be checking some stuff out from tomorrow :bmgai
Yes it is bad !!! Just kidding, I have not read Slam Dunk either. I'm just really not into sport manga. Although I know it is to be great even if you don't like basket. GTO is simply one of the shonen masterpiece. Be careful that the english scans are unreadable. Shingeki is also really great. I was curious about all the hype after it but I must said it's well deserved.

hey that reminds me of someone!
that's right, that reminds me of zeltrax, which is me!
:rofl

..okay..
not funny.
I'm aiming to get a b4 or b3 for my chinese this year but because I don't have the foundation thats impossible :crying
my chinese classes, my teacher placed me in an elite class(with chinese elites) and I can't even read a single line in
a passage! WHAT EMBARASSMENT, THIS EMBARASSMENT MADE ME WANT TO WORK HARDER!
but i'm just saying you know..who am I kidding, I don't think I'll make it :fail
I hate chinese classes.
That looks painful. Can't you switch to a more appropriate level ? I think Chinese is a too big challenge for me, I already had hard time with german.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: I am fortunate.

Oh, poor you. :oh
I'm really grateful that (I don't know how) I don't have to take any chinese class. My chinese was good enough for my elementary school's chinese class so I passed, then I got into a public middle school so I didn't get any chinese class. In high school, since I got into science class, I got japanese class (the social class got chinese class while the language class of course got both of them). Now, since I'm taking an english major, no chinese class. So.. I don't have any chinese class for approximately 8 years. :oh
Don't you miss the subject...even a little?
chinese in elementary school was a cake walk for me tho..dunno what happened afterwards.
If I ever got confused with chinese language, I have my dad and my friends in the chinese major whom I can ask; so, if I consider it again, I never really have any need to learn it though it's indeed a shame, considering my chinese roots.
Actually I never really cared about chinese but looking at it, I think its quite useful for a lot of things to have chinese with me it's just so hard :shakefist

I'm checking out Berserk all day today.
Nope, all the series I'm reading right now are still ongoing. You read novels??? What would you recommend?
GoT :p and agatha christie becos I'm a mystery fan.
So how's berserk? it gets a lot better after the first arc..

..alot alot.

Yes it is bad !!! Just kidding, I have not read Slam Dunk either. I'm just really not into sport manga. Although I know it is to be great even if you don't like basket. GTO is simply one of the shonen masterpiece. Be careful that the english scans are unreadable. Shingeki is also really great. I was curious about all the hype after it but I must said it's well deserved.
Yes, I didn't go into slam dunk because I didn't like sports manga either but when I read slam dunk..whoa, I was immersed.
I find it easier to read manga on my phone tho, its quality is higher because the size is smaller :p


That looks painful. Can't you switch to a more appropriate level ? I think Chinese is a too big challenge for me, I already had hard time with german.
If I failed my chinese last year I'll get to switch to a much more lower level but..I..I don't know what happened but I passed :o so now I'm stuck with this :gwah
and my japanese that I was planning to learn :scry that plan is gone to pieces now.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: I am fortunate.

I cannot accept this.

Why do you always have awesome sets?

I would not accept this.

:arf :crying :bored
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: I am fortunate.

I didn't have time to start Berserk, hopefully tomorrow :bored I've been out pretty much all day and just got back from a monster Monopoly session! :sweat
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: I am fortunate.

Don't you miss the subject...even a little?
chinese in elementary school was a cake walk for me tho..dunno what happened afterwards.
Um.. no. :oh
But yeah.. chinese in elementary school is pretty easy. Heh.
If I watch a chinese movie, I'll be able to understand it a little bit, but that's all. If someone speaks to me in chinese, I'll be able to understand his main point but I will be unable to talk back to him.

Actually I never really cared about chinese but looking at it, I think its quite useful for a lot of things to have chinese with me it's just so hard :shakefist
Until now I only have to do things related to English and Japanese so I don't think chinese is useful for me.


and agatha christie becos I'm a mystery fan.
Agatha Christie! :wtf


and my japanese that I was planning to learn :scry that plan is gone to pieces now.
And I'm still struggling to remember the kanji.. :scry
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: I am fortunate.

Where is your set from?
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: I am fortunate.

I cannot accept this.

Why do you always have awesome sets?

I would not accept this.

:arf :crying :bored
:teehee don't you think its time for a set change? :p

I didn't have time to start Berserk, hopefully tomorrow :bored I've been out pretty much all day and just got back from a monster Monopoly session! :sweat
Monopoly :zomg Okay, you have to share your feelings while reading that masterpiece :wtf

Um.. no. :oh
Until now I only have to do things related to English and Japanese so I don't think chinese is useful for me.
Well I am in singapore where the majority is chinese and I believe that since I have the subject lessons, why not ?




Agatha Christie! :wtf
It's hard to find her books over here..not to mention sir conan's too.


Where is your set from?
Umineko no Naku Koro ni :D
I've been spreading it around for a while but nobody actually cares about this gem.
But it's actually pretty widely known and it's awesome.
There's an anime and manga about it but it's true brilliance lies in it's visual novel(which you can give it a go for free in witch hunt's website) .
Have you ever played a vn riki?
like for example, 999.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: I am fortunate.

:teehee don't you think its time for a set change? :p
Hey, good idea. :teehee

Umineko no Naku Koro ni :D
I've been spreading it around for a while but nobody actually cares about this gem.
But it's actually pretty widely known and it's awesome.
There's an anime and manga about it but it's true brilliance lies in it's visual novel(which you can give it a go for free in witch hunt's website) .
That is true. Perhaps people do not like reading visual novels that much? :(
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: I am fortunate.

That is true. Perhaps people do not like reading visual novels that much? :(
I actually think that people don't read them because of how time-consuming it is, and then the images barely even move..
and it's not really visually good(esp umineko..the art isn't really all that). So yeah :/ but vns are great because of the music
and the plot is what I tend to believe..and it's a pity that the community is so small.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: I am fortunate.

Monopoly :zomg Okay, you have to share your feelings while reading that masterpiece :wtf
I guess golb doesn't know the magic of Mahjong that's why he's stuck to play monopoly :-)
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: I am fortunate.

I agree. After looking further Katawa Shoujo's art isn't that bad, but not that good either. At least better than Umineko. But you are right, visual novels do give strong impressions in plot and musics. I think those are what important after all; eventually you didn't really care about the graphics but more fixated on the text and plot. Background musics help a lot to create the situation and bring you to the feeling. ^^
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: I am fortunate.

Well I am in singapore where the majority is chinese and I believe that since I have the subject lessons, why not ?
Since I live in Indonesia, and the local language is the most important language.. I find that I have to learn new language every time I move to another province. :fail Really, it's hard to find someone who speaks perfect Indonesian. When I and phio-chan talk, we can use three to four language at the same time. :derp


It's hard to find her books over here..not to mention sir conan's too.
Recently her books are reprinted here (with new covers), so I have quite a collection... though I think it will be hard to complete it.
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Re: I am fortunate.

hey fortuneZel how you been? Long time no post guys heh :hee Ive been buried in work and got only an hour to pop here and say hello ^^
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: I am fortunate.

Zeltoraxxxx~

Just how long is this VN called Katawa Shoujo? :bored
Anyway, I'm at the school festival part now. I like how it goes so far, the interaction between Hisao and the characters, and also choices I made to determine the plot... I'm actually liking Lilly and Hanako now. :P
 
Top