The Chaser and the Chased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Ni hao (你好) means 'hello' in Chinese. :XD
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: iPho

My mates call me "The Gypsy" because I'm partially Hungarian even though they perfectly know that I'm from the aristocratic part of Budapest *insulted*

Even though it's common knowledge that hungarians = gypsys.... riiiiite!?
That word is actually seen as an insulting term over here. xD But anyway, people refereed to gypsies here are usually referring about the irish travellers. Snatch for example has some (if you've watched the film, Brad Pitts character). Its also sometimes referred to Romanians but its only when speaking about them in regards to continental Europe. Like the coverage of those french evictions for example. I havent heard it ever referred to Hungary. :oh
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: iPho

Well, there are different types of "Gypsys" and umm, the poor people in Hungary are Gypsys, the middle-class are Hungarians and the upper-class are former Austrians, Hungarians or Turks.

And it's an insult here depending on how you say it.

At high school, the guys I hung out with went under the nicknames the Jew, the Officer, the Farmer and the Asia-fetishist. And then me, the Gypsy

Jew because his mom was jew, farmer because he lived outside of the city, the asia-fetishist because he had an asian girlfriend and the officer because his dad was an officer.
:oh

edit: Snatch is an awesome movie btw!!
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: iPho

Did you read that new clamp series (or is it still only that oneshot) (because of that avatar)?
Is it any good? :amuse
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Did you read that new clamp series (or is it still only that oneshot) (because of that avatar)?
Is it any good? :amuse
Ah, yeah! :amuse The first chapter was released a few days ago. :XD It's pretty good so far, so I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Hopefully, they'll explain some of the stuff a bit more.

*Is very vague*
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: iPho

That cover got me curious, too. Guess I'm gonna read it, but it's hard to start with a fresh series if it's only released monthly :/
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Yeah, I normally don't like reading monthly series much... I tend to forget what happened the month before and then I have to reread everything. -_-;
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: iPho

Hey Icey~

I couldn't help but notice this:

iPho~ Keep calm and grow a moustache.
Have I missed something here. Please explain.


Oh and Happy Valentine's Day [sizept=1]and/or happy singles awareness day[/sizept] Icey!!! :hug



OMG ZOMG! I made my 5000th post in your thread! This is amazing. :zomg
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Heya Bugz! :XD

Oh yeah, that's the text on the new pencil case I recently bought XD I thought it was funny and I bought it (it was only $10 as well! :nuts) And it's a huge hit with everyone at school. :oh

Happy Valentine's Day [sizept=1]and/or happy singles awareness day[/sizept] to you too! :hug

OMGAHH!! :zomg I'm so honoured you posted your 5000th post here!! :wtf And for that, I shall thank you.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: iPho

Try it, try it, try it!! And when you have, tell me what you think! :tem

Ooh yeah!! I should reread that bit... with it being monthly, the previous chapters are all fuzzy in my memory. :XD
I'm looking forward to the new Bakuman chapter too!! :zomg Since Sleepyfans has disbanded, IEM is the only group doing Baku now. :XD
You haven't read Sket Dance?! :yelling You say you have no time? Yet you were reading a manga where the dude randomly started levitating in class and floated out of the room through a window... :oh (Wait, was that you? >_>)
Sorry,sorry,sorry for not replying for so long!:worrybunny
How are you?We haven't talked in a long time.:vin
Anyway,here comes my long over-due post.

:XDD.Gray-Man is confusing me.I need to re-read the whole manga to fully understand the things that will happen later on.
The new Bakuman chapters are kinda awesome.Nanamine-kun is a nice villain,even though i actually don't really like him being one.It seems as if his way of doing things is seen as wrong from the very beginning without even considering it as a possible method,even if you have to change some things.I'm thankful that IEM are still doing it,even though it's a pain to wait until saturday:XD

No,i haven't>_>I tried the first chapter a few days ago,but i feel asleep.:ohBut it wasn't because it was boring,i was really tired.
:XDThat was Palepoli.A very weird manga,you should read it:XD

Happy Valentine's Day!:confetti
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Sorry,sorry,sorry for not replying for so long!:worrybunny
How are you?We haven't talked in a long time.:vin
Anyway,here comes my long over-due post.

:XDD.Gray-Man is confusing me.I need to re-read the whole manga to fully understand the things that will happen later on.
The new Bakuman chapters are kinda awesome.Nanamine-kun is a nice villain,even though i actually don't really like him being one.It seems as if his way of doing things is seen as wrong from the very beginning without even considering it as a possible method,even if you have to change some things.I'm thankful that IEM are still doing it,even though it's a pain to wait until saturday:XD

No,i haven't>_>I tried the first chapter a few days ago,but i feel asleep.:ohBut it wasn't because it was boring,i was really tired.
:XDThat was Palepoli.A very weird manga,you should read it:XD

Happy Valentine's Day!:confetti
Nearly a whole month late, Googz! :sbunny
(:XD)
Yeah! It's been ages since we last talked. :blink I've been good, but school's been keeping me busy... and you?

Ahhh yeah. I should reread it sometime... before the new chapter comes out. :XD
Nanamine is a cool villain, but I just want to stab him sometimes. -_-;
*Cough* We're actually a week late with chapters these days... Our usual raw provider kinda disappeared and we always find other raws late.
Mangacurse and Muda have picked it up, and Mangacurse are using molokidan's translations... =\

Read it when you're fully awake! :yelling It's about 30 or so chapters behind, but I heard that Trinity Bakuma are picking up the pace with it, so I'm really excited! :tem And you should read Sket Dance.

Happy Valentine's Day to you too! :confetti
[sizept=2]It's the 15th for me now...[/sizept]
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: iPho

hei there chibikko how are you:) ?
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Heya shaheer!! Long time no see! :XD
I've been pretty good, and like the other 3405786786 people who have asked me, I'll give the same answer: I now have a huge pile of homework to do every week. >_>

Anyway, how about you? :)
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,346
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: iPho

Seriously... Cheese, wasabi and Green Tea-flavored Kit Kats?

DISGUSTING MUCH!?!?
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: iPho

I've been pretty good, and like the other 3405786786 people who have asked me, I'll give the same answer: I now have a huge pile of homework to do every week. >_>

Anyway, how about you?
lol i have a lot of assignment and some research papers to indulge into .
+ i have exam coming (if thats what you wanted to know)
but over all i am getting on so-so :oh
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Seriously... Cheese, wasabi and Green Tea-flavored Kit Kats?

DISGUSTING MUCH!?!?
You just don't have the acquired taste for it. :noworry About the cheese flavoured one, apparently my friend's brother vomited after eating it... The flavour was only super mild though...
Bahhahaa as for the wasabi one, it just tasted like white chocolate KitKat with a tiny, tiny hint of wasabi, but my other friend (who hates wasabi) took just one nibble and had to chug down a whole bottle of water. :oh
But everyone agreed that the green tea one is the best, and the most normal one. :XD
Oh yeah, there's a soy sauce one too... I wanna try that. :tem

Hmm... maybe most of my taste buds are just dead or something... all the flavours were perfectly fine to me. :XD

lol i have a lot of assignment and some research papers to indulge into .
+ i have exam coming (if thats what you wanted to know)
but over all i am getting on so-so :oh
Ahh, I see. Good luck with everything!! :cheerbunny
I have a few tests and exams coming up too... but they're a few weeks away. :XD
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,346
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: iPho

Well, I've never tasted them... But it sounds friggin' gross. :oh Seriously, why not just leave it at plain chocolate. WASABI FLAVORED? Wasabi and chocolate just don't seem to go well together. Actually, wasabi doesn't seem to go well with anything. It just tastes... bad. Yuck.
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Well yeah, they sound gross, but they're actually ok when you try them. :oh And wasabi is friggin' awesome with sushi! :yelling
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: iPho

KID YOU ARE STILL A GREEN HORN, MAY BE CAUSE YOU LACK
CELL
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: iPho

I'm tempted to change my thread title to "iBaka". Whatcha think Icey? :headscratch

I was going to change it to iFunk....but I decided not too. <_<
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top