Archived The Hang Out Thread v.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
gaaaaaah I don't want to study for my exam!!!!!!! :yelling

Anyway, just dropping by to say hi :amuse and :hugs to everyone <3
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hope nothing is wrong with your professor, snoogie.
same here. i heard that a second bout of the flu is spreading. i hope she doesn't have it; i don't want to get sick.

gaaaaaah I don't want to study for my exam!!!!!!! :yelling

Anyway, just dropping by to say hi :amuse and :hugs to everyone <3
hi py!!!!!! :glomp

i'm sure that you'll do great on your exam! what subject is it in?
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I should be studying too \o/ I studied a tiny bit for my friday exam, theatre =D Still have lots of other stuff to do/start studying for tomorrow >.>
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
My deadlines are about two weeks away, that's why I'm still reading manga every free time I get :P

Manga is so addicting. Wait... can it be that... you guys like Manga too??? Amazing!
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
nyahhaha xD

I don't wanna go to classes :< soooo boring and long~~~~
 

Katea

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
142
Reaction score
24
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Hi everyone, uhm I don't want to start a new thread so can someone answer my simply question.. How can I 'thank' someone for an usefull post? (where's the button to click on, can't find it ;_;.. )
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hi everyone, uhm I don't want to start a new thread so can someone answer my simply question.. How can I 'thank' someone for an usefull post? (where's the button to click on, can't find it ;_;.. )
you can go to this thread to learn more about the thank button. :amuse
 

Katea

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
142
Reaction score
24
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
haha thank you, I couldn't see the button because I had less than 10 posts, but now everything's fine ^_^
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
my professor let us out early because she was feeling dizzy. it was one of the most oddest things i have ever witnessed in my life. she just sat down and began rambling. she was about to let us out early but decided that she could teach for thirty more minutes. after fifteen minutes she just let us out because she realized that she was losing her train in thoughts. it was so weird...
Never been used to that, I wouldn't feel strange but I think I couldn't stop laughing (not because of her dizzyness but more because of the rambling)

Now you talk about it: I succeeded in disturbing two different lessons/courses on the same way on the same day. I was so bored, I was just reading a paper. The first professor who felt disturbed asked me friendly on a comical way to leave that paper, the second one was a bit brutal. The co-students laughed a lot (even I had it difficult)
 

genkizen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
260
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
yeah it's really hard for teams to remain at the top for long especially in basketball since they are so many games teams have to play (at least twice a week). still it's great to be ranked #1 ^^

my professor let us out early because she was feeling dizzy. it was one of the most oddest things i have ever witnessed in my life. she just sat down and began rambling. she was about to let us out early but decided that she could teach for thirty more minutes. after fifteen minutes she just let us out because she realized that she was losing her train in thoughts. it was so weird...
Something along those lines happened to me once. In recitation for Physics 2A, my recitation instructor is a really elderly guy with a long Rip Van Winkle beard and mustache that birds can nest in. One day he sat down in front of class while we were taking a quiz and quietly started mumbling to himself and it was like he lost control of his arms and had to shove his hands under the other arms armpit to stop them, he was also swaying back and forth in his chair....=(. We were afraid for the rest of the semester that something was gonna happen to him. That was a couple years ago and he is still teaching now, but boy was that scary, it wierded me the f*%^$ out too.
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hey, I see some new faces in here! :woo That's awesome, you guys should stick around and join the craziness~ :nuts

hi py!!!!!! :glomp

i'm sure that you'll do great on your exam! what subject is it in?
Hellooooo~ :glomp

and thanks, it was in my human evolution lecture. Pretty easy stuff, since I've already taken fifty million biology, evolution, and genetics classes already :XD

I should be studying too \o/ I studied a tiny bit for my friday exam, theatre =D Still have lots of other stuff to do/start studying for tomorrow >.>
My deadlines are about two weeks away, that's why I'm still reading manga every free time I get :P
Good luck you two :amuse I've got a lot of work piling up now too, since midterms are coming up before spring break :darn We can do it!! :hi5
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'll be away the next week to study =) So I'm dropping in to say bye _o/
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Never been used to that, I wouldn't feel strange but I think I couldn't stop laughing (not because of her dizzyness but more because of the rambling)
she wasn't rambling about silliness though. she was talking about the day's lesson concerning the hypothalamus but it wasn't that clear or coherent.

Now you talk about it: I succeeded in disturbing two different lessons/courses on the same way on the same day. I was so bored, I was just reading a paper. The first professor who felt disturbed asked me friendly on a comical way to leave that paper, the second one was a bit brutal. The co-students laughed a lot (even I had it difficult)
sorry but i don't understand what you're trying to say :sweat

did you write something disturbing or were you reading something disturbing?

Something along those lines happened to me once. In recitation for Physics 2A, my recitation instructor is a really elderly guy with a long Rip Van Winkle beard and mustache that birds can nest in. One day he sat down in front of class while we were taking a quiz and quietly started mumbling to himself and it was like he lost control of his arms and had to shove his hands under the other arms armpit to stop them, he was also swaying back and forth in his chair....=(. We were afraid for the rest of the semester that something was gonna happen to him. That was a couple years ago and he is still teaching now, but boy was that scary, it wierded me the f*%^$ out too.
that was my reaction! i mean, most of the students were pre-medicine but she told us that if she passed out, we should call 911 which freaked us out. i mean, it's one thing to pass out but she was like, "i think i'm coming down with something. call 911 if i pass out." i didn't expect it to be that severe.

and thanks, it was in my human evolution lecture. Pretty easy stuff, since I've already taken fifty million biology, evolution, and genetics classes already :XD
oh sounds interesting too. there is a evolutionary biology course at my university where the professor apparently rants about christian fundamentalists and creationists. i think that's funny.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
sorry but i don't understand what you're trying to say :sweat

did you write something disturbing or were you reading something disturbing?
no, I didn't make any noise at all, I was just reading a newspaper (sorry forgot the news - huge difference: how come I hate a paper :D) but the courses can be so boring
 

genkizen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
260
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
she wasn't rambling about silliness though. she was talking about the day's lesson concerning the hypothalamus but it wasn't that clear or coherent.



sorry but i don't understand what you're trying to say :sweat

did you write something disturbing or were you reading something disturbing?



that was my reaction! i mean, most of the students were pre-medicine but she told us that if she passed out, we should call 911 which freaked us out. i mean, it's one thing to pass out but she was like, "i think i'm coming down with something. call 911 if i pass out." i didn't expect it to be that severe.



oh sounds interesting too. there is a evolutionary biology course at my university where the professor apparently rants about christian fundamentalists and creationists. i think that's funny.
Oh boy, I would dread going to that class, I have nothing against christians, I myself was born Roman Catholic, but ppl who try to force there views and opinions on others or who needlessly rant about it annoy me.

.
.
.
.
On a lighter note I beat my girlfriend and her roommate at beer pong, she still made me drink her beer, but I didnt really mind =D
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
no, I didn't make any noise at all, I was just reading a newspaper (sorry forgot the news - huge difference: how come I hate a paper :D) but the courses can be so boring
courses can be boring but i would never dare to read a newspaper or anything for another course during class. my professor would get mad and probably point me out to the rest of class. :s

Oh boy, I would dread going to that class, I have nothing against christians, I myself was born Roman Catholic, but ppl who try to force there views and opinions on others or who needlessly rant about it annoy me.
really? i was born roman catholic but believe in evolution. i think it depends on opinions. my friends in the course told me that it's really entertaining to hear him rant. it's not like he's forcing his opinion on the class; he just voices it. it probably didn't help that the creationist museum is located an hour away from campus.

On a lighter note I beat my girlfriend and her roommate at beer pong, she still made me drink her beer, but I didnt really mind =D
funny that you mention it because i just got invited to a beer pong tournament this friday. i doubt that i'll attend though since i need my brain cells for the coming week. haha
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
really? i was born roman catholic but believe in evolution. i think it depends on opinions. my friends in the course told me that it's really entertaining to hear him rant. it's not like he's forcing his opinion on the class; he just voices it. it probably didn't help that the creationist museum is located an hour away from campus.
Well I saw roman catholic and suddenly I was thinking about that. In america it's known there are a lot of forms of christianity: protestantism, catholicism, baptism, etc... Of course america is a huge country that you could easily compare to europe (which also have different forms of christianity) but over here 97-98% is roman-catholic (as I am one of them)

now back to creationism: is it general in america or more exceptional? And if so which christian forms don't believe in evolution, alll or some? Because in Europe creationism is very very exceptional though there are a lot of roman catholics over here too

my point of view: I believe in evolution but on the other hand I ask myself if nature, human, kosmos, etc are all part of that. Let me state it on a different way: as we know science proves a lot but the proofs should be their next question: the expansion of science is mainly because it always questions itself, science places itself before a mirror and again and again BUT I am also a sceptical person, I am the type that wants to doubt on everything to know more or to give it a chance

so as I said: I am not a creationist, but on the other hand I'll try to be transcedent - transcendence so my question to science is: what's the start of evolution? Big Bang? Was there something before it? And suppose there's a start? Why can't it be a deity who created all this but maybe that deity created evolution too?

sorry, but I am really philosophical
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top