Archived The Hang Out Thread v.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Lol, that's good. :amuse Which animes were you watching while you were sick???
 

3dshocker

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
what? isn't university life great????

If you're in a dorm, that's even better because you get to know so many people that aren't your classmates.

And if there are organizations/clubs that you're interested in, join them! that way you'll get to know more people, and join in activities. Having an org really keeps me busy all throughout the year.
It really depends on the difficulty level of the program your in and how much spare time you have. I take engineering at the best engineering school in canada and naturally it's insanely hard...rather the workload is high. Attempting to have a social life can seriously affect your grades here.

I try to live it up during my co-op term which is probably the best side to the program i'm in. Every other four months I've work at a different job, it keeps life interesting.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Well, the good thing about dorms is that, you get to meet people as a given. So even if it's a time consuming course and you go home immediately, it's guaranteed that people are there to greet you or annoy you or whatever. And there are more chances to find study groupmates.

In my case, other than the dorm, the org I joined was an academic one, and course-related, so the activities were concentrated on the course I was taking, which was an advantage both socially and academically.
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Whine & Brag Rant Busy Season Edition.

So, just got home after a 13 hour shift, havent had breakfast yet..
Fuck, I have to do everything, the new chef is so new that he's still in school ffs..
Man, 6 days a week double-shifts, it sucks, if I have time I eat ONCE a day and that's it..
Good thing is I got a pay raise, I now earn the same as a chef with 6 years of experience, and I have two years, roughly.. Still though, I don't have any fucking time to spend my money now, don't know if that's good or bad..
Well since I'm not working on Sunday (barely dodged it), guess what? I'm gonna get shitfaced on Saturday night. Hell yeah, that's what keeps me going at the moment, the little things like the beer and the knowing that I don't have to work with a hangover.

Now I'm gonna find something to eat and watch some anime and then I'm gonna sleep.

End Of Whine & Brag Rant Busy Season Edition.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Maybe you should just spend that sunday sleeping, or couch potato-ing, ippy. If it's *that* precious... :wtf
 

3dshocker

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
a starving chef? can't you just eat little bits of the food you make?

downgrade those 12oz steaks to 10oz's and whatnot~
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
a starving chef? can't you just eat little bits of the food you make?

downgrade those 12oz steaks to 10oz's and whatnot~
:rofl

yeah, or a little slice of some chicken here, or a cherry somewhere.. hahahaha. That's cheating though.. I think. >.>
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Maybe you should just spend that sunday sleeping, or couch potato-ing, ippy. If it's *that* precious... :wtf
I'm gonna spend the entire day in my bed sleeping and watching movies :nod
a starving chef? can't you just eat little bits of the food you make?

downgrade those 12oz steaks to 10oz's and whatnot~
:rofl

yeah, or a little slice of some chicken here, or a cherry somewhere.. hahahaha. That's cheating though.. I think. >.>
Well, I take like bits every now and then but that's more to taste the food than eating and your appetite kind of goes away after cooking for too long, well, now it's almost time to go back to work, y-a-a-a-a-y :wall
 
Last edited:

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Whine & Brag Rant Busy Season Edition.

So, just got home after a 13 hour shift, havent had breakfast yet..
Fuck, I have to do everything, the new chef is so new that he's still in school ffs..
Man, 6 days a week double-shifts, it sucks, if I have time I eat ONCE a day and that's it..
Good thing is I got a pay raise, I now earn the same as a chef with 6 years of experience, and I have two years, roughly.. Still though, I don't have any fucking time to spend my money now, don't know if that's good or bad..
Well since I'm not working on Sunday (barely dodged it), guess what? I'm gonna get shitfaced on Saturday night. Hell yeah, that's what keeps me going at the moment, the little things like the beer and the knowing that I don't have to work with a hangover.

Now I'm gonna find something to eat and watch some anime and then I'm gonna sleep.

End Of Whine & Brag Rant Busy Season Edition.
The biggest dilema in the world, ya make money but have no time to spend it and when ya do ya have no time to use what you bought. Speaking of money i already went through my paycheck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought sum blazers, i gotta take a picture of them, but that alot of trouble to go through just to show people my new shoez....................
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
managed to spend quite a bit of money on beer, awesome, i feel a lot better now :D
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
managed to spend quite a bit of money on beer, awesome, i feel a lot better now :D
well, at least you got to spend it on something you enjoy! i did a bit of that myself this weekend as well. i'd say it was money well spent :smile-big
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I just spent the whole two days marathoning Hell's Kitchen. Now my head hurts from lying down too much.

You get that feeling sometimes?
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
You watch TV lying down??? Wow, I only do that if I'm really tired while watching TV. And I haven't gotten that feeling before. :amuse
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
you've never been a couch potato, probably, haru-kun.
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Yeah, probably. :XD How was Hell's Kitchen?? Good??
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Yeah. Gordon Ramsay. I like him. He's cute (not physically).
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Yeah. Gordon Ramsay. I like him. He's cute (not physically).
i hope not, i think it was impotent that said it (well something like this, my memory is pretty much broken due to ver well known reasons): Gordon Ramsay is the fucking epitome of ugliness.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
*sneaks in, peaks around* >.>

Gordan Ramsey isn't that bad looking =)

*runs away to study for finals*
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
hmmm....i don't think i've ever heard of gordon ramsay described as "cute" before. foul-mouthed and short-tempered maybe, but not cute.

meh, i actually don't find him to be all that bad looking. it could just be the accent, though -_-;
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
He's like a dad or something. Like he tells everyone off, but they really wanna spend time with him it's so cute. And when he really finds something worthy of praise he says it. And that makes everyone really proud. they're so amusing to watch.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top