Archived The Hang Out Thread v. 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
^ LOL, I like ur sig, who are they?
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
come to chicago! :whoo *is a bit biased* :XD

i'm sure you'll be fine applying to college. don't worry. ^^ do you know what you want to study yet? it's not a big deal if you don't know. most people i know that went in knowing exactly what they wanted to do ended up changing their major at least once. i started as an undecided and i was fine. actually, i think it was better for me since i could test the waters and figure out what i liked best before committing to a major.
@~Lilium~:

if I may make an additional suggestion here...it's perfectly common to enter college being undecided on a major. Testing the waters, too, is part of the process of choosing a major.

But just keep in mind though, that sooner or later, you're gonna have to choose a major eventually. So it's a good idea to keep an eye of those subjects that you're good at, and what you're interested in...it helps narrow your choices.

It can become stressful if you're still undecided and you're in your third or fourth year. It's happened to a lot of my friends, it's happened to me.

Test the waters, but slowly along the way, start narrowing your choices down...I think that's the best approach.
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
*looks at it* damn... i can't remember him... or him... or him.... was his hair really pink? pinky and the one under him are the only two i remember. doesnt help that im not able to steal download and view anime here ;-; the women i remember, though.

@ lil, lol, the navy is part of the military, so im in both of them XD im an E-3/Fireman (my officail rate is MMFN, or Machinist Mate, Fireman)

two things i love about this place is that they always have soccer up on the various tvs in the MWR (where the computers/game systems/pool tables/junk food/arcade games are), and almost everyone is a geek. lots of otaku, too. on average i see about three anime shirts per schoolday, and those are just from the guys on T-track (a-shool grads waiting to enter power school, at most about 100 people, prolly less than 50)(the rest of us have to where utilites and/or our whites to school). on weekends every other person has anime somewhere on thier person XD and i've got to watch the rest of death note! the last episode i saw the episode where...
L died
and it's pissing me off that everyone else has already seen like the entire series :shakefist

oh, deathnote reminded me of two things, first is that we had a shipmate commit suicide last weekend, so a lot of people here are somber at the moment (my class was here for three days, we didn't know him, and we didn't even hear until yesterday) and that the army ande marines are so stretched for bodies, that almost all rates of the navy and air force have something called "I.A." or individual augmentation. a nice way of saying that they get sent to the army for training and then get sent to iraq. no draft dodging this time around, folks. we, however, wont get selected for this since a lot, if not everything, that we do is classified (serriously, dont ever bother of asking me about my classwork. im not even allowed to take a text book to my room, much less discuss what we're learning with civilians)

oh, and to end this on a humorous note, there are three rates here: MM, EM, and ET. MMs and EMs are Firemen, and ETs are Seamen. a while ago, there was a Female ET whose name was Guzzler. so when some was talking to or about her formally, they would call her "Seamen Guzzler" tell me that aint great XD
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
yeah ill fix that :D
better start! :p

:O I'm sure you'll get in fine xD If you ever need help with applications or anything, feel free to ask me :3 I remember filling those things out almost 2 years ago. :x Not my favorite thing to do.
Thnx LH :hug i'll ask you if I have any problems ;) lol. I haven't started yet, but I already feel tired thinking about it :p

I live right next to Ucla and UCSD, closer to Ucla. If want to party and have fun while going to school then go to UCSD but if you dont care about that then go to UCLA, its cool there but not like UCSD. And if you go to Chicago then you better root for the BULLS
I'll most probably go to UCSD though, since I know some people that live there. I'll probably stay with them :p I don't wanna stay in a dorm :( (Unless it's a good dorm! :wtf)
come to chicago! :whoo *is a bit biased* :XD

i'm sure you'll be fine applying to college. don't worry. ^^ do you know what you want to study yet? it's not a big deal if you don't know. most people i know that went in knowing exactly what they wanted to do ended up changing their major at least once. i started as an undecided and i was fine. actually, i think it was better for me since i could test the waters and figure out what i liked best before committing to a major.
I'm thinking Business Administration/Management, since my family owns one :XD


@~Lilium~:

if I may make an additional suggestion here...it's perfectly common to enter college being undecided on a major. Testing the waters, too, is part of the process of choosing a major.

But just keep in mind though, that sooner or later, you're gonna have to choose a major eventually. So it's a good idea to keep an eye of those subjects that you're good at, and what you're interested in...it helps narrow your choices.

It can become stressful if you're still undecided and you're in your third or fourth year. It's happened to a lot of my friends, it's happened to me.

Test the waters, but slowly along the way, start narrowing your choices down...I think that's the best approach.
I agree with that. That's what I'm doing this year, since I kinda have a year to laze around (I graduated early and didn't have time to apply to colleges :scry). But instead of actually lazing around, i'll study :thumbs

@ lil, lol, the navy is part of the military, so im in both of them XD im an E-3/Fireman (my officail rate is MMFN, or Machinist Mate, Fireman)

two things i love about this place is that they always have soccer up on the various tvs in the MWR (where the computers/game systems/pool tables/junk food/arcade games are), and almost everyone is a geek. lots of otaku, too. on average i see about three anime shirts per schoolday, and those are just from the guys on T-track (a-shool grads waiting to enter power school, at most about 100 people, prolly less than 50)(the rest of us have to where utilites and/or our whites to school). on weekends every other person has anime somewhere on thier person XD and i've got to watch the rest of death note! the last episode i saw the episode where...
L died
and it's pissing me off that everyone else has already seen like the entire series :shakefist
ur a fireman? :nuts

that must be sweet!! :XD i have friends that also like manga/anime but i don't think they're otakus :( well... there are otakus in my school as well, but they can be weird >_> *as in personality wise*

I stopped watching DN after L died :scry so sad...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
and oh yes! i'm entering college :p :confetti, finally!
that's great news, Lil! what school in the Phils?

Yo wassup everyone!!! haven't been here for quite some time.... :XD
anyway, I'm still looking for a job.... been trying for 2 months now without any success... :scry
Well, maybe I'm being too picky about what job to apply for.... or maybe it is just that i have no luck....
Epul! :comfort we must drink and be merry, for we have the same woes! I'd been staying with my parents for a month now. Although I'm going for some interviews, there are still no confirmations.

patience is the key... patience. :shakefist

and it's pissing me off that everyone else has already seen like the entire series :shakefist
It must be hard. Since DN kinda ended years ago.. It must be like how I feel asking about the full details of DBZ, since I never really got to finish it. evahr.

I'll most probably go to UCSD though, since I know some people that live there. I'll probably stay with them :p I don't wanna stay in a dorm :( (Unless it's a good dorm! :wtf)
If you trust in baboysai-sama's words of wisdom, I advise you to stay in a dorm. Good or bad. It's not the facilities that is the benefit, it's the people you get to know, and your relationships with them that count. Remember, knowing more means growing more. :noworry
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
oh no ippy san! you'll test snu-chan's patience agaiN!
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Looks like i have alot to read up on. I've missed you all <4
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Ahoi Blai! where have you been? exams?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Had a kidney surgery (gave one away) and exams yeh, been busy pretty much but i'm ok and rdy to catch up with u lot.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
whoa dude! you okay now?

i've never had any surgeries, whatsoever. -_-; and at your age too! but it seems someone lived because of your sacrifice. that's nice.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Yea I'm okay now, it wasn't as nice as i hoped but my mates've given me hero status! owns at partys!

It was going to be given to my cousin who's at the same age so they wanted someone who had a kidney which was as developed as his (if you got it right lol) i suck at explaining.

Anyways, my left one'll miss the right one now tho.. i think my gallbladder had an affair with the right one aswell so i've had stomachache ever since ... (god i can make so many jokes with this)
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Had a kidney surgery (gave one away) and exams yeh, been busy pretty much but i'm ok and rdy to catch up with u lot.
wow! you must be so generous :wtf i'm not sure i could make that kind of sacrifice...it would take a lot of thinking....

i agree with bb that you're so young for this kind of surgery. the only surgery i've ever had is a tonsillectomy, which is an outpatient procedure these days :XD
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
LOL, I love that word AYE, I guess you you are a pirate
oi you've had doubts bout me bein a pirate? fuck jusst jucst check how much rum i can drink n youll have proof.. :smile-big

@blai you gave a kidaney away??? wow dude.. im not even allowed to give blood haha...
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
that's great news, Lil! what school in the Phils?
CKSC :o I have to start as soon as I get there.... maybe i'll get some days for rest though... hopefully.

I'm going on July 4th :XD *i'll be missing independence day :(*



If you trust in baboysai-sama's words of wisdom, I advise you to stay in a dorm. Good or bad. It's not the facilities that is the benefit, it's the people you get to know, and your relationships with them that count. Remember, knowing more means growing more. :noworry
lol. any advice is always appreciated. :hug it's true that meeting new people is fun. :amuse I just don't wanna have a dorm-mate. >_>


aye, im just waiting for foxxxer :plot
does he still come to MH? :(
 
Last edited:

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
@blai you gave a kidaney away??? wow dude.. im not even allowed to give blood haha...
Not surprised; it's so polluted with alcohol that there's probably no more plasma or platelets left :notrust
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top