Archived The Hang Out Thread v.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherbetmayhem

Proofreader
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
65
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
YAY weekend! I can't wait to get this exam over with! There's only so much seventeenth century English I can digest before I go blind :D Thanks for the encouragement :D

And btw Rabb, the English flag is actually white and red (St George's cross). The Union Jack (as in blue, white, red) represents the British Isles. I don't consider myself Scotish or Irish or Welsh, but English, and so I always type in "England" for my country. And it gave me the right flag! Good computer *strokes lovingly* :D
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
BILL BAILEY FTW

I will! Tell me how Liverpool is doing :p I've been too busy with other sports to pay attention to them :XD
Ahh, with pleasure =D They are doing absolutely horrible. They will most defintely not win the season, probably not qualify for the champions league (three good teams are right behind in the table) the manager is probably going to be sacked soon. And the american owners are annoying the fans even more. I would go on but i just now realized that Sherbetmayhem is from liverpool and dont want to upset anybody. :p

btw, due tell how the blue jays are doing (toronto has a special place in my heart <3).
i don't know the first thing about Int'l soccer, except that manchester united is like the Yankees of soccer, and therefore, i hate them. but i do love soccer, so if you talk about things people did, that'd be cool. if its just like "hey, did you catch that game?" then i'd be lost like a leaf in a gale. i rarely get to see soccer matches on tv.
They are not the yankees of football...the 98/99 season must have spread some wild rumours. -_-;

The yankees of club football is most probably real madrid...being the "best club of the 20th century"...but i disagree (obviously :p).

I would!! Especially if you talk about manchester united. But I don't think we need to do that here ichi, cause the football/soccer thread is still active. If the thread dies (which i really doubt it will) I'll be glad to talk about football/soccer here with you ichi :XD (which reminds me, I haven't been at the football/soccer thread for quite some time now..... :XD)
Im staying away from there for a while...you should see the place, its full of milan and manchester united fans boasting about 6-0 this and 6-0 that...:notrust Just you wait, we'll show you :shakefist
:XD

HAHA< OMfG, IMPERIUM! I love your sig XD Hard Gay is hilarious. I saw it and started laughing, which is kind of inappropriate considering my roommate is crying >.>; I don't really know why >.>;
hahahaha, thank the kitsune, he made it:XD btw, why was she crying?:p


EDit: Btw my exams are over~ :woo. Time to change my location :p
 
Last edited:

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Ahh, with pleasure =D They are doing absolutely horrible. They will most defintely not win the season, probably not qualify for the champions league (three good teams are right behind in the table) the manager is probably going to be sacked soon. And the american owners are annoying the fans even more. I would go on but i just now realized that Sherbetmayhem is from liverpool and dont want to upset anybody. :p
Yeah, I just noticed that :darn Oh well, I can't expect all my teams to kick ass in the same season :amuse

btw, due tell how the blue jays are doing (toronto has a special place in my heart <3).
Well, baseball is in the off-season right now, but they finished last season third in the AL East behind Boston (:whoo) and New York (:notrust). Didn't make it to the postseason, and I'm not sure if they've made any big deals so far for new players next season, but if I recall correctly, they could stand to work on their pitching staff a bit ^^;

How did you become a Jays fan? I believe you're the first English guy to claim some sort of love for baseball that I've known, despite all the Yanks hats I saw while I was in London (:shakefist) :XD
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And btw Rabb, the English flag is actually white and red (St George's cross). The Union Jack (as in blue, white, red) represents the British Isles. I don't consider myself Scotish or Irish or Welsh, but English, and so I always type in "England" for my country. And it gave me the right flag! Good computer *strokes lovingly* :D
ahh, i see. well that makes sense i guess. its prolly the same for a lot of people in grouped together nations. im sure there are Irish that don't use the uk flag, just as i KNOW there are Puerto Rican's who don't use the us flag. god knows eva would kill me if i made the mistake of saying lithuania was proud to be in the soveit union XD
The yankees of club football is most probably real madrid...being the "best club of the 20th century"...but i disagree (obviously :p).
just so i know we're on the same page, when i say like the yankees, i mean buying all the best players from all the other teams. and then everyone loving them cus they kick everyone elses ass. and then everyone else hating them cus they are like that.

sound about right?

as for the jays, they aren't doing anything right now. but like yomiko said, they are #3 behind the best 2 teams out there. damn i hate the yankees... but anyways, baseball stopped a while ago. their first few games aren't until the end of feburary.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
PaperYomiko said:
How did you become a Jays fan? I believe you're the first English guy to claim some sort of love for baseball that I've known, despite all the Yanks hats I saw while I was in London
Heh, well when i visited toronto i went to a blue's game (my first and most likely only) and from then on it was love <3. Although i dont know a lot about baseball rules 'n such, i do know enough to watch and understand a game >_>;
ahh, i see. well that makes sense i guess. its prolly the same for a lot of people in grouped together nations. im sure there are Irish that don't use the uk flag, just as i KNOW there are Puerto Rican's who don't use the us flag. god knows eva would kill me if i made the mistake of saying lithuania was proud to be in the soveit union XD
Well as far as i know northern ireland dont have a seperate flag, they have to use the union jack, although i once saw their old one, it looked like the st george's cross with a red hand in the middle. :XD

just so i know we're on the same page, when i say like the yankees, i mean buying all the best players from all the other teams. and then everyone loving them cus they kick everyone elses ass. and then everyone else hating them cus they are like that.

sound about right?
Actually that sounds more like chelsea... They got a rich russian billionaire with Red Mafia connections to buy every world class player on the market, hehehe, but there little run lasted only two season, the manger who made it all possible, QUIT! :woo

Also i was wondering how people get up in the morning? Today for me was a landmark, i actually managed to get up using the alarm clock. Usually it rings and rings and rings with me finally getting annoyed and turning it off. Which then means my parents have to wake me up-_- . But last night i put it at the corner of the room(as far away from my bed as possible) so when it started ringing, to turn it off, i had to walk across my room. The plan worked perfectly and i woke up at exactly 7:45 =D. (I had to try and navigate, in semi-darkness, without falling over the stray sock or ps2 game, just to get to the alarm clock. :XD)
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Also i was wondering how people get up in the morning? Today for me was a landmark, i actually managed to get up using the alarm clock. Usually it rings and rings and rings with me finally getting annoyed and turning it off. Which then means my parents have to wake me up-_- . But last night i put it at the corner of the room(as far away from my bed as possible) so when it started ringing, to turn it off, i had to walk across my room. The plan worked perfectly and i woke up at exactly 7:45 =D. (I had to try and navigate, in semi-darkness, without falling over the stray sock or ps2 game, just to get to the alarm clock. :XD)
how I get up in the morning? I don't.

I wake up noontime. hee.
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
nee-chan, how many were dropped?
as far as i know, maybe one or two. i really don't know because some people showed up late but they might have been people waiting to force added into the class.

Also i was wondering how people get up in the morning? Today for me was a landmark, i actually managed to get up using the alarm clock. Usually it rings and rings and rings with me finally getting annoyed and turning it off. Which then means my parents have to wake me up-_- . But last night i put it at the corner of the room(as far away from my bed as possible) so when it started ringing, to turn it off, i had to walk across my room. The plan worked perfectly and i woke up at exactly 7:45 =D. (I had to try and navigate, in semi-darkness, without falling over the stray sock or ps2 game, just to get to the alarm clock. :XD)
i set the alarm on my television so when it goes off, it plays the music videos on vh1. it's easy to get up if there's music blaring and the light from the tv is so bright. also, it helps when the heat is on because it's soooooooo cold right now. it makes it so much harder to get up in the morning when all i want to do is curl up in my bed and sleep.
 

Sherbetmayhem

Proofreader
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
65
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
I would go on but i just now realized that Sherbetmayhem is from liverpool and dont want to upset anybody. :p

LMAO don't worry. I don't care about football :P And those American owner people have done DIDDLY SQUAT for our team :P So yeah :P Feel free to offend :D It's all good :P

My boyf supports Liverpool, and I keep asking him to stop supporting them, as they've just gone so rubbish. To his credit he claims that a good fan sticks with his team through the good and the bad... but I just think it's a little bit embarrassing :P hahaha :D

Getting up in the morning... usually one of my house mates growls at me that it's the afternoon and I fall out of bed :P If I have to get up super early (as in... before noon) I set my phone alarm and put it by my pillow. The vibration will wake me if the crazed ringing doesn't :D
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I hate waking up >.> When I actually have to do stuff, that is :p I much prefer waking up when I can just be lazy XD
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey i read the new Nick Hornby book, Slam ( Very, very good book for young adults), and now i know a bit about how yall talk and England. I also learned a little bit about currency like pence is your change right, and pounds are like the main form of money im guessing. Im not sure im just going by what i read in the book, how close was I?
 

Sherbetmayhem

Proofreader
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
65
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Hey i read the new Nick Hornby book, Slam ( Very, very good book for young adults), and now i know a bit about how yall talk and England. I also learned a little bit about currency like pence is your change right, and pounds are like the main form of money im guessing. Im not sure im just going by what i read in the book, how close was I?
Aww Nick Hornby is awesome. About a Boy is a classic :D

Our currency is the English pound - one pound is made up of one hundred pennies (or pence). There are a number of coins: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, 1pound, 2pound. Then 5pound notes, 10 pound notes, 20 pound notes, 50, and 100 pound notes. Our pound is half of the dollar at the moment. So, if a bike is $100, it's £50. :D

Anything else you wanna know? I bet you can't tell how I speak :P even if you DO study English :P
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I was half way there on the money thing. I didn't know about the 5 pound notes or whatever. I just remember the main character going to the store a few times. Im gonna read About a Boy later. I also wanna read A Long way Down, I heard that was great.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Aww Nick Hornby is awesome. About a Boy is a classic :D

Our currency is the English pound - one pound is made up of one hundred pennies (or pence). There are a number of coins: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, 1pound, 2pound. Then 5pound notes, 10 pound notes, 20 pound notes, 50, and 100 pound notes. Our pound is half of the dollar at the moment. So, if a bike is $100, it's £50. :D
Wait, maybe I'm confused.

One pound = 50 Cents (AMERICAN) (or half a dollar)

1£ = $0.50

In order to get that half of a dollar to equal $100, you have to multiply each side by 200.

therefore,

200£ = $100

So it wouldn't be £50 it'd be £200, correct?
 

Sherbetmayhem

Proofreader
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
65
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Wait, maybe I'm confused.

One pound = 50 Cents (AMERICAN) (or half a dollar)

1£ = $0.50

In order to get that half of a dollar to equal $100, you have to multiply each side by 200.

therefore,

200£ = $100

So it wouldn't be £50 it'd be £200, correct?
Nope. One English pound consists of 2 american dollars :) Sorry, that was just me using bad phrasing. So... If I see something on Amazon for fifty dollars, then I know it's only 25 pounds for me :)

Sorry, I'm a loser with words sometimes :P

The value of the pound is half of the value of the dollar means... that one dollar = fifty pence :s arrgh confusing :D
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Ah, so you didn't mean that the pound was half a dollar, you meant that it's twice the dollar?
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I haven't really read any of the earlier posts, but do you like football? ( Soccer in america)
Cuz I know alot of people from England follow it.
 

Sherbetmayhem

Proofreader
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
65
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
I haven't really read any of the earlier posts, but do you like football? ( Soccer in america)
Cuz I know alot of people from England follow it.
I'm not really into football, although I follow my local teams etc. It's a good game, but it's lost its edge lately. There are hardly any proper footie players out there any more.

My boyfriend supports Liverpool, and follows them religiously :) It is a very big thing here :)
 

GrayFoxx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,780
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
the assassin is back with a new sig :shifty
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
but the sig looks the same grayfoxx. at least i thought it looks the same.

oh, btw, i talked to pirate on msn. he's such a riot :XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top