TV THE HEROES THREAD: [SPOILERS]

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

You know what he does?

He tells Villains how to get stronger!
Rofl, I can't think of a counterexample. I'm surprised he hasn't committed suicide thanks to that.


I love how there's an easy fix for the whole Samuel situation: 1) Get Matt's sorry ass; 2) Get Rene; 3) Have Rene cancel out Samuel's powers; 4) Have Matt interrogate Samuel 5) Have the Haitian wipe Samuel's mind 6) Get Mohinder out of the asylum and replace him with Samuel. But then, Hiro doesn't really bother thinking anything through.

p.s. I kinda want to see what would happen if Peter took the Rene's power. Could they cooperate and double the effects of the power negation, effectively countering Sylar?
 
  • Like
Reactions: nat

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I thought this week's episode was pretty sweet, to be more specific the "What's for lunch moment?".

And there's no plot in the series after 1st season (every plot we're having now, we've already had one exactly like it), so now I just evaluate each episode by how many awesome small moments I see.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Me too, which is quite disappointing. The whole Samuel plot we've already seen it with Sylar and Arthur Petrelli, so it's best to just enjoy the show and funny moments.
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

*bangs head on desk*

What. The. Hell. The episode was going fine until

the Nathan and Peter scene. What a terrible way for Nathan to go. The one character to want redemption the most (look, the volume is called "Redemption"!) and he gets killed off in the most pansy way...again. Peter should have killed Sylar then and there instead of just frickin dropping him and letting him live. alksdmflkadfanewfdlcka And the horrible scene of Nathan falling...it wasn't emotional, it looked terribly edited. I usually choke up at these scenes, but this was a real miss for me.
 

laughing@you

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
4,096
Reaction score
1,516
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I knew it, the haitian's powers could be copied. What a way to even the playing field between sylar and peter.

I keep expecting peter to regain his full abilities. But probably is too much to hope for.

I wonder what will samuel shall do when he goes back to the carnivale and starts opening heads?

Another question was hiro, mohinder and ando running in current time cuz hiro busted mohinder out of the arkham asylum ( :p ) or was that something that happened in the past?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

To be honest I liked the Peter and Nathan scene. I felt terribly sorry for Peter, and I understand why he couldn't let Nathan go in time to actually kill him and Sylar. It was kinda touching, though the Nathan falling in slow motion shot was over-dramatic imo.

I seriously hope Peter becomes abit uber again soon. I enjoyed him alot more in season 1 when he was freaking awesome, an actual challenge for Sylar. Imo a non-power battle between Sylar and Peter is just a big NO NO. And Peter needs more powers to beat Sylar. He should have copied him instead so he could get some more powers.
 

laughing@you

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
4,096
Reaction score
1,516
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

To be honest I liked the Peter and Nathan scene. I felt terribly sorry for Peter, and I understand why he couldn't let Nathan go in time to actually kill him and Sylar. It was kinda touching, though the Nathan falling in slow motion shot was over-dramatic imo.

I seriously hope Peter becomes abit uber again soon. I enjoyed him alot more in season 1 when he was freaking awesome, an actual challenge for Sylar. Imo a non-power battle between Sylar and Peter is just a big NO NO. And Peter needs more powers to beat Sylar. He should have copied him instead so he could get some more powers.
True i hope that fight happens soon cuz, they are already speculating that this heroes last season. or was it the next one?.

I find funny that sylar keeps peter alive just to keep his life interesting.
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Nah, Heroes will more than likely be getting a fifth season. However, it wouldn't doubt me that it'll be the last one. If it is, I hope the writers take note and pull out all the stops and close story lines that are there.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I wouldn't mind Heroes going on for a long time, it doesn't really have a plot that should end at the same level as other popular shows like Dexter to mention one.

I thought that this season ended this week as there was no episode. But is it simply an one week break? I got really depressed when there was no episode, I was looking forward to see what Peter would do in this episode.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I saw the episodes last night and I was a bit conflicted because I was laughing at the Hiro scenes where he tries to explain to Ando that he needs to get to Mohinder by referecing Sherlock Holmes and Star Trek, but I was also sad at how his character has been a sorta degraded to that level. And it seems we're back to the Sylar hunting Claire again, she always seem to have something he wants/needs.
 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

This latest season of Heroes was recently announced for BBC but they gave it a terrible slot, Saturday at 10:10pm. Is it failing miserably in the ratings in the states?
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I saw the episodes last night and I was a bit conflicted because I was laughing at the Hiro scenes where he tries to explain to Ando that he needs to get to Mohinder by referecing Sherlock Holmes and Star Trek, but I was also sad at how his character has been a sorta degraded to that level. And it seems we're back to the Sylar hunting Claire again, she always seem to have something he wants/needs.
I don't think it has anything to do with his tumor (it might). Remember the dreadlock carny that also has Haitian-like powers? He messed with Hiro's mind before he left, so I'm still set on that being the reason.

Is it failing miserably in the ratings in the states?
It's been falling, yeah. Definitely not as many people watch on television anymore. You can look on Wikipedia for the number of people watching on the air date, but I don't think it takes in account of the viewers who watch it on Hulu, DVR, or on the official website.
 

laughing@you

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
4,096
Reaction score
1,516
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I saw the episodes last night and I was a bit conflicted because I was laughing at the Hiro scenes where he tries to explain to Ando that he needs to get to Mohinder by referecing Sherlock Holmes and Star Trek, but I was also sad at how his character has been a sorta degraded to that level. And it seems we're back to the Sylar hunting Claire again, she always seem to have something he wants/needs.
I think its awesome, cuz future sylar had a baby and there was theories that it was from claire.

But its gonna be interesting to see what sylar would do. I mean cuz if he wants to force himself on her, he can, but what he could be after is redemption, probably forgiveness from the person that killed her father. Twisted i know but hey is damn good TV... :p.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I think its awesome, cuz future sylar had a baby and there was theories that it was from claire.

But its gonna be interesting to see what sylar would do. I mean cuz if he wants to force himself on her, he can, but what he could be after is redemption, probably forgiveness from the person that killed her father. Twisted i know but hey is damn good TV... :p.
That is a good theory. I did not even realize that Hiro was talking about Mohinder and yes I agree, HIro's character has degraded a lot. As for Sylar, I really don't see what else he sees in claire. Or maybe the writers are trying to bring up the theme: "Save the cheerleader, save the world", kind of thing.
 

laughing@you

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
4,096
Reaction score
1,516
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

That is a good theory. I did not even realize that Hiro was talking about Mohinder and yes I agree, HIro's character has degraded a lot. As for Sylar, I really don't see what else he sees in claire. Or maybe the writers are trying to bring up the theme: "Save the cheerleader, save the world", kind of thing.
What he sees in claire? :err? Seriously? have you seen the body on that girl? :p Plus remember is probably the only person that can leave as long as he can now. She could probably give birth to little sylars non-stop from here to doomsday..LMAO!!

Oh man there's plenty of things they could go about. I mean they could go with the most powerful being in existance when their powers are combined in the kid. Some type of demi-god angle that could destroy the world!!

Plus we still don't know what exactly sylar wants with claire ... I think he still trying to figure it out. Cuz the way they left it, he knew he wanted claire but still had no idea for what.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I don't think even Sylar knows what he wants with her; all we know from the episode is that Sylar saw an image of Claire and probably thinks she has some answers for his life or can explain or empathise with his loneliness
 

laughing@you

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
4,096
Reaction score
1,516
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I don't think even Sylar knows what he wants with her; all we know from the episode is that Sylar saw an image of Claire and probably thinks she has some answers for his life or can explain or empathise with his loneliness
Answers? claire? :err?...really?

I know the girl is fine, but smart? I really don't think claire will guide him anywhere except for his promptly demise. And he knows it.

The fun part will be watching him try to convince claire that she is his destiny. I think that will never get old!!!

Sylar: we are meant to be together.
Claire: bitch-slaps!!
Sylar: but i love you.
Claire: pushes him off a building.
Sylar: i love it when you play hard to get.
Claire: ......running out of ideas here!!

lol
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Sigh, what a waste of an episode. Just what we need to make Samuel even less tolerable is for the writers to present him as a deluded dope. Waitress should have said, "Of course I'm afraid of you. You're aggressively projecting your resentment over being rejected onto me."

Claire was just being stupid, even for her. I'll admit that it was enjoyable seeing her stab Sylar in the eye with a pencil, but she was avoiding the obvious. She had stated that the hall she was going to was on the opposite side of campus (most students eat in the cafeteria closest to their dorm). Now, in a lot of cases, it would be at least a seven to ten minute sprint from one's dorm to a building on the opposite side of campus, plus the flight of stairs within the dorm. Meanwhile, Sylar would need a few seconds to pull the pencil out of his eye and recover, plus he can frakking fly at an incredible speed, which means it would take him less than a minute to get to her dorm. The rest is obvious.

...Where's Peter's tribunal? He's made temporal alterations too. Plus, his have generally garnered less positive outcomes than Hiro's (i.e. what the hell happened to that one Irish woman). The alterations Hiro has made have barely had an effect, even if they should have drastically changed things (i.e. Sylar would not have killed Elle). Now, I suppose the writers were trying to portray this tribunal as a cathartic event. However, the problems supposedly resolved during the tribunal were contained only within the tribunal. That is, Hiro clearly didn't give a shit about the "consequences," had come up with his own rationalizations, which ultimately held out in the end, and was already on a journey to reclaim Charlie and his honor. The only substantive result was the faux healing (hurrah for figments of his imagination).

However, I will admit that "Ted something" and "he's reciting the opening from Quantum Leap" were decent lines.
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I'm trying to determine why Claire is so...happy-go-lucky with her relationship with Gretchen. There was never any indication that she'd ever be attracted to girls, at all, during the series, so I'm trying to figure out how in the world she can be so calm about such a change.
 
Top