The HisshouBuraiKen thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The HisshouBuraiKen thread

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
What's your favorite Simpson episode?

Have you ever wanted to go to Japan?

And congrats on the marriage :knk

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hermie:

I want to see Sai die a terrible death because I hate him, and hopefully see them explore some of the other characters a little more. They could take a cure from the anime fillers and had Naruto, Sakura & Kakashi team up with the other ex-Genins for some badass A-Rank missions & explore their characters a bit more.

GK: I was in Japan for all of last year as a JET. Taylor and I hung out and played video games, it was fun. His daughter's the cutest!

I assume the Simpsons thing was rhetorical. I'm one of those Simpsons trivia freaks who knows like everything about the series ( a while back I wrote a simpsons trivia flash game, it's up on Newgrounds.) ONE of my favorites is the Beer Baron.

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Gold Knight said:
Sometimes I think Viz has it easy, because they know what happens so they can avoid controversial stuff like that.

That was single-handedly the most confusing page I have ever read in any Naruto chapter.  I hadn't thought about it in relation to Kabuto at all until now, but yeah, it makes so much more sense now.  Thanks for bringing it up, Yakushi Kabuto.
meh!! it is not you alone. i am glad i read this page. That itsy bit was damn confusing. Most people still think it also means kabuto is a jinchuuriki- well that is how confusing it was.

anyway. hisshou- you are awesome. i thought you were born japanese. wow!! just incredible. i guess i have to double up my japanese learning too. i have stopped lately since i started working and have started forgetting since i do nt get to practice.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
hisshouburaiken said:
Hermie:

I want to see Sai die a terrible death because I hate him, and hopefully see them explore some of the other characters a little more. They could take a cure from the anime fillers and had Naruto, Sakura & Kakashi team up with the other ex-Genins for some badass A-Rank missions & explore their characters a bit more.
What characters would you like to learn more about in particular?

GK: I was in Japan for all of last year as a JET. Taylor and I hung out and played video games, it was fun. His daughter's the cutest!
Oh yes, I remember Taylor telling me about meeting you now. Makes sense you were in Japan, then! Do you miss it?

I assume the Simpsons thing was rhetorical. I'm one of those Simpsons trivia freaks who knows like everything about the series ( a while back I wrote a simpsons trivia flash game, it's up on Newgrounds.) ONE of my favorites is the Beer Baron.
Not really so much a rhetorical question as I kinda sensed you were a big Simpsons fan and thought it would be a fun question for you to ponder ;)

nova_1813

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Just wanna come to this thread to say thanks to HisshouBuraiken for doing great translations of naruto and gantz.

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nova: Thanks!

I'd like to see more of how the characters have evolved since the time skip. What kind of relationship do Sakura and Ino have? Are Shikamaru and Temari friends or flirtatious or what? What's the status of the Hyuuga family? What kind of training has everyone undergone (same goes for Naruto & Sakura)? What will everyones reaction be when they see Naruto in action? What will Naruto's reaction be to all of THEM?

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
hisshou, ur avid fan says thanks again for translating Gantz this week. it was great seeing izumi causing all that havoc.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
oh, you did the jet program? what is the application process like? what was an average day in japan? what is the pay like? I ask because i plan on doing it after i get my ba (in four years...)

Reloaded

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
thanks for doing the translations for us hisshouburaiken.

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Everyone: You're welcome.

NeoShweaty: JET pays about 30k/year in us dollars. Depending on how you spend you money, you can easily bankroll half of that your first year. Depending on the prefecture you'll get some, none, or all of your rent paid for. It's a sweet deal and a great experience; if you've got nothing really tying you to your home country it's the perfect post-college job. I'll give more detail after UFC is over :D

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
hisshouburaiken said:
NeoShweaty: JET pays about 30k/year in us dollars. Depending on how you spend you money, you can easily bankroll half of that your first year. Depending on the prefecture you'll get some, none, or all of your rent paid for. It's a sweet deal and a great experience; if you've got nothing really tying you to your home country it's the perfect post-college job. I'll give more detail after UFC is over :D
Sounds great. My japanese teacher and everyone else i have asked has had a great experience with the program. Now i just gotta know if it is hard to get into the program or not

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's not hard, but you're not a lock just by applying. You need to write a good essay for your application and be honest and enthusiastic about teaching english during the interview. That's the important part; you make them believe that you want to be an ENGLISH teacher and help bridge the culture gap between Japan and your native country. Stuff like, how you love japanese culture and want to create the same kind of interest in your own culture in them. It doesn't necessarily have to be TRUE, but that's the impression you want to give :D

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
hey, i have all that in me and more. I love japan and the culture. I always enjoyed teaching my host parents english and parts of the american culture

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
With this, my post count is no longer 69. Sign...

Music! I like hardcore, techno, trance, and the like, though I am known to dabble in a bit of smooth jazz every now and then. But mostly anything with a hard beat. I highly recommend Hardcore Nation volume 2 if you're looking for something new.

What kindsa music do YOU like?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
No music, 'cause I'm deaf >.>

What's your thoughts on Hidan so far?

sabyr

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i hope i can learn japanese someday. i can't learn it in highschool(GRR!)

but i bet in ten years or so it'll be one of the popular languages to learn, like french and spanish.

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Possibly. It's pretty amazing to see how popular it's become; I was one of those buys back in '93 who was into anime and japan before it was mainstream. For a guy who grew up watching DBZ and Sailor Moon at 6am sunday morning, who pretty much single-handedly got half his high school into anime, seeing so many people contributing translations and wanting to learn still astounds me. I really never thought I'd see the day, let alone find conventions where I could dress up as my favorite characters and get my picture taken XD

GK: Clearly I think Hidan is fucking awesome, and Kakuzu is not far behind. Their interactions are the most entertaining part of Naruto and a lot more fun to watch than Orochimaru/Kabuto, Sasori/Deidara and even Deidara/Toby. As my new sig shows, Hidan's

Open shirt
Gold chain
Slicked-back hair
Religiousness
Short temper, and
bad attitude

point to him being Italian, which I am as well (hereditarily, anyways). The motherfucker's so badass he makes me want to LEARN Italian just because I THINK he MIGHT be Italian. JESUCRISTO!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Haha. He's from the Hidden Village of the Mafia, then? XD

I agree with you fully, though, they are the most entertaining pair in all of Naruto so far. I got a big kick out of the end of Chapter 325!

How many times have you cosplayed? Was it just that one time as Kisame?

(BTW, thanks for the translation, thought I'd say it here.)

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have cosplayed several times: As Kuwabara from YYH, Billy Coen from Resident Evil 0, Kurow from Rival Schools: Project Justice, and most recently as Kisame.

It's so much fun working on the costumes and taking pictures with other people. Everyone who goes to a convention should try it at least once.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
What do you think of Raine Joybringer's Sakura cosplaying? ( Pics over here. She's a mod here. )

Why am I the only one asking questions here? Hmm...