TV The How I Met Your Mother Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I can't believe there was no thread for this!!!:mad
Let's make this a legen-wait for it.......dairy experience!!!

We'll discuss episodes, characters, romance, quotes anything related to the show:amuse

Since I'm the first to post, I'll start us off heh? *silence* *nervously sweating....*

Season Finale is upon us!!!

If you haven't seen the promo yet, then here ya go

You know what this means right???? we finally..........find out what's the deal with the goat!!
 
Last edited:

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
I started watching it on this weekend, finished season 2 yesterday. I'm loving it <3
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Oh really? To celebrate your achievement, here's an amazing [highlight]bloopers[/highlight] video for season 2!!! enjoy

sidenote: we really need to get a youtube or video tag for MH instead of posting links
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just finished season 3 on DVD :) now I need to catch up with the LEGEN wait for itttt.... WAIT FOR IT!!!! Are you still waiting? are you ready ? Your not ready, ready? Really ready? Okay here i go, DARY! Season 4 :)

And just a note, the show has been picked up for a 5th season, but if you watch it on CBS it has moved and will start as Monday's opening show at 7cst/8est
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Oh really? who's picked it up now then?
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sorry i worded it wrong, the show is still on CBS but it has moved timeslots by 30 minutes. So instead of coming after Big Bang Theory (Which i believe opened up the night) it is opening the night.

Now in the past when they attempted to let HIMYM open the night it didn't do that well in the ratings, but hopefully now it has a better following that most of the viewers will still tune in.

Anyways i am on episode 4 of season 4 :)
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
yeah I've seen all the episodes of this season, I don't think it's better than Season 3 though...
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Okay now I am all caught up. YAYYYYYYYYY.

So what did you guys think about the finale?


I thought it was alright, I think it should have been a LOT better if they had not built up the whole Goat storyline for years, but it was still pretty good overall.

I do really wonder how much longer this show will air, I love it, but I just don't know how long they can drag out the story of how he met their mother.

Once he meets her is that it? Or will we get to see Ted and the Mother's whole love story?

Anyways i can't wait for the fall to get here :)
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
I was kinda disappointed by the end of s4. After hinting that we would finally meet "the mother", yellow umbrella and such, nothing happened once again...

And of course they'll show their love story, they have to pay for all that dragging! xD
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, all through the seasons it seemed like we were getting close to discovering who the mother was, and I thought we would have seen someone who would be a candidate, but nothing...they've been dragging it on for a long time now. We've had two close ones; Robin and Stella..for a while there Stella looked like the one but quickly dismissed, I don't know how much longer they can sucessfully drag this on....
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVUekHmY87M

the slap song...one of the epic things in this series!!^^

i still have to watch season 4 and i have to hurry'cause i heard they're going to make a 5th season

anyway
one of the best series out there,very original and funny!!:D
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Season start was so cute, funny and all <3 How come no one is commenting that :~)
 

CBlitz

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
2,167
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Best comedy I've seen in a while. I laughed so hard at the Prof part, sounds like something I would do
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
yeah the prof bit with Ted was hilarious, even after the correct teacher came into the class, he still believed he was right. The Indiana Jones bit with Marshall whipping the door everytime Lily told Robin and Barney to try again was funny too!!

great stuff
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I saw season 1-3 completely and saw some various other episodes, but I don't think of this as much more as an "mediocre" comedy series.

Okay, they have some better jokes then most series, but the acting's not all that good and well, I don't like it on a long-run, it's just something you might watch by coincidence while zapping your way through the channels.
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So far the fifth season is starting much better than the fourth...
I had tears in my eyes when Ted was teaching Barney and showing the 'angry Robin' pic :XD
the BRo relationship ( Barney+RObin in case someone didn't notice :p ) is being nice so far, both of them are still funny enough and they are a cute couple, I'm cheering for them :]

Now, I hope that Marshall has some more spotlight in the next chapters, the whip was funny and everything, but his fantasys and the barrel were just.. wtf? xD
 

CBlitz

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
2,167
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
yeah Marshall seems to be after-thought in the recent episodes
 

bebekhappy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
226
Reaction score
5
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Well I hope we get to see Marshall give Barney another slap this season, so far we had three slaps right? so there's still another two left....
I can't wait to see it.
 
Top