TV The How I Met Your Mother Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I didnt even clock that til now but good spot raikou. It must either be owned by The Captain, part of his family or just a coincidence.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah, didn't you guys notice that when they introduced Zoe as "Zoe Van Smoot"? I immedietely remembered the Van Smoot House. I just figured the Captain must own it. :amuse
Oh, did they? If so, nice catch! I guess I didn't pay attention to the last name. Oh well, it just goes to show you that Wikipedia doesn't have all the answers. :XD
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Oh, did they? If so, nice catch! I guess I didn't pay attention to the last name. Oh well, it just goes to show you that Wikipedia doesn't have all the answers. :XD
Yeah, it was a big 'defining' moment- because at that stage, all Ted knew about Zoe was that she was writing scathing articles about "rich fat cats", then at a benefit, she is introduced to him as "Zoe Van Smoot"- one of the richest families in new york. :3
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Has everyone seen the latest episode yet with Katie Perry?? Really nice episode!!!
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
DAMN, I hope Zoey is the mother. I really don't think they can keep this series going for much longer. Throughout the whole season it feels like they've been striving towards late Entourage-territory, making it much more drama-comedy than just plain sitcom. Granted, that doesn't have to be a bad thing, but in this case it is. I barely even laugh when watching the sixth season's episodes. Right now I'm just watching to see who the mother is. And thus, rooting for it to be Zoey.

(and yeah, it was said that he met her "at the wedding"... but I'm just naively hoping they'll work their way around that somehow... unless it gets better again.)
 

DLord.Van.Buuren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
1,226
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Maybe It'll be zoey after all and they will end up in a way just like how marsh and lilly are, while these two are getting divorced.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
But he tells his kids in earlier episodes that it isn't Zoey.
 

DLord.Van.Buuren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
1,226
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Must have missed that .
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Mrm... The only episode I really thought felt like true HIMYM this season was the Blitz one. That's the kind of innovative scenario the show used to sport almost every episode, and leads to much more laughter. This season it just feels like the stuff you didn't already predict is the emotional stuff (Marshall's dad dying), and they don't really succeed in compensating that with comedy, so it becomes much more drama-like.

I am disappoint!
 

bloeddrukmeter

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
51
Gender
Male
Country
Belize
What site are you guys watching the episodes?
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I really didn't think that way, Organizized.
I had so much fun with the last three episodes of HIMYM.

With great penis comes great responsability, haha I've never heard that.
 

fleshcut

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2007
Messages
108
Reaction score
156
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't like Zoey that much Tedd needs to break up with her and find the roommate already -.- she seems like the only person in NYC with a yellow umbrella that's a good place to start Tedd now finish it :D the show doesn't need to end when he meets the mother he needs to get her to fall in love with him too
 

Channy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
292
Reaction score
169
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Woooooh!!! new episode of HIMYM tonight im exited i didn't get into the show until my sister showed it to me a month ago and the past month i get caught up on all 6 seasons and im hooked now
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Just watched the 22nd episode of 6th season.
I've liked the way they played with drinks and their effects. Good episode.
 

Channy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
292
Reaction score
169
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah that was a good episode this week is the season Finale for the sixth season so dont miss it HIMYM fans everywhere
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Nice surprise in the end of season, huh.
Has Barney really accepted the challenge or it will be another trolling?

And I thought he would press the button in the middle of countdown.
 

Channy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
292
Reaction score
169
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought he would press the button too lol

Im really glad that Barney bumped into Nora and that means that shes most likely is the bride to be so im pretty exited for that and now Lily is pregnant.

the season finale was definitely a good way to end a sorta depressing season.

Im really exited for the seventh season premier now
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yesterday, talking with a friend, he brought a interesting theory. He said the mother could be Barney's half sister. She wasn't shown yet and we know that she goes to university and, probably, she will be in Barney's wedding.

That makes sense to me.
 

Channy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
292
Reaction score
169
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have a prediction on who the mother is as well

I dont know if any one remember s an episode where Barney and Ted went to a club and that was when we knew that the Mother had a yellow umbrella and so we knew that she was t the club that night and there was a random girl that ted ran into that accidentally and i dont think the makers of the show would make that scene if i didn't mean shit so i think that the girl that Ted accidentally ran into that night is the mother but thats just my prediction so give me some feedback and i think the episode was in the beginning of the season where Ted met Stella
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I remember that episode. Third season, the name of it is "No Tomorrow". But I do't remember that scene. I will check it this weekend.
 
Top