Naomiii, good luck to your mom! I hope she gets the position.
Good luck to your mom, hope she gets the position!I confess that it has been over a year since my mom graduated college with a major in biology and a minor in math. She still hasn't found a teaching job though.
Finally, a school that she actually even likes has called her and interviewed her for a biology position, but decided to hire someone else. However, they also had a chemistry position open, and told her if she could pass the chemistry teaching certification test by Monday, they would definitely hire her.
It's been years since she's taken gen chem, gen chem II, and o-chem in college and these tests are NOT easy. I confess that I think it's fucked up how she gets to deal with that much pressure and then if she fails the test (which is very likely, most people probably would in her current situation), she has to deal with some pretty heavy and bitter disappointment.
On the other hand.... If she did pass.... My mom would be a chemistry teacher. ....As if I couldn't admire her more than I already do. My mom. A chemistry teacher. So. Fucking. Awesome. I think this needs to happen for sure. (1) She needs to comfort of having a job (2) She fucking deserves it and would be an awesome teacher (3) She will finally be converted to the best science there is!

At least it's not this.I confess today I realised I do not like hospitals.

But it ended, right? Focus on the fact that you got through, hooray!I confess midterm is over. Upside: Not a bad midterm, mostly calculational, nothing scary. Downside: I've only been seriously studying for 4 hours before it and so I sorta screwed up the easy ones.![]()


Finished Chapter 5.How far are you?
Oh Milly, do you ever learn? Wait until the manga-ka unfolds the world.Finished Chapter 5.
I can understand the argument behind Physics>Chemistry (although I do not agree), but Math>Chemistry?! Or even Math>Physics??? Hell naw, girl!! Math's only purpose is to serve science. XD;I confess midterm is over. Upside: Not a bad midterm, mostly calculational, nothing scary. Downside: I've only been seriously studying for 4 hours before it and so I sorta screwed up the easy ones.
At least it's not this.
Math>Physics>Chem>Bio>all other menial sciences![]()





If math was there before other sciences, doesn't it mean that some people in history had actually taken the time to create/solve math concepts without taking other sciences into consideration?No, no, no. You have it backwards. No one would take the time to give a shit about solving any sort of mathematical advances without science. There is no point to math without science.


Sure, the applications of math weren't clear when it was first being developed. But think about it. Newton and Leibniz, they invented calculus, but to serve their science. Whenever new discoveries are made, their future significance is rarely foreseen or even the end goal in sight. That's the beauty of science I think. Sure, math was created for the sake of math perhaps at first, but science is its true meaning.If math was there before other sciences, doesn't it mean that some people in history had actually taken the time to create/solve math concepts without taking other sciences into consideration?
IMHO math is more than a tool for physics, chemistry or whatnot. Not only these are all interconnected but also math has all kinds of uses in practice which have nothing to do with other sciences but are nonetheless essential. If you have five children and they want to eat ice-cream which is two dollars, can you afford it with ten dollars in your pocket? This is math.
I use math more than physics or chemistry in daily life. We all do but don't realize it. Without it we would be crippled.


Water? Boring? .......................And even if math found it's true function in the exploration of sciences, science would still be nothing without it so...
I confess that I still think math is boring. But so is oxygen and water so![]()
