Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Milz how's the storm in your area?
It was storming. I was outside, and the clouds towards the south looked dark as fuck, while the opposite wasn't that bad. One minute's walk away from my dorm and the fucking wind picked up so bad that any debris that hit me stung/hurt. Then few minutes after I got to my dorm, there was tons of lightning. I still have lightning, and it's been at least four hours, in front of the window, a lot. And it was raining like a jew too.

What about you?

No, irk D:
I'm afraid to catch whatever they have there D:

Ps.: Milz is a cute nickname XDDD
:cookiestare

:cookiestare
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Yeah, I have that feeling too. xD But it's just... it's not just rants, sadly. I'm just sad that he doesn't appreciate our time together more. The time while I'm eating is when we're usually close, when it feels like a family and it just saddens me that he prefers watching the TV over talking with me. And I say how I feel about it, but I feel like I'm never heard. And when I'm gone, he's gonna miss me, I'm sure. But why be like that right now... It's just... It's tiring.
Well people get used to things, and that leads to taking those things for granted...but there's nothing wrong with that IMO...

And has it occurred to you that maybe what you are saying is not that interesting? Shit like that happens all the time...so UR option is to get someone else who might be interested in what you wanna say...like UR mom for example, or friends...
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
No, it's more like "can't you see I wanna watch the news; can't you see I wanna watch the movie?" and even during commercials, there's a "I'm sick of your talking!" -_- I just have to stay calm, cause I it's easier for me to get angry with time. But yeah, it's not something serious or anything... So, I'm mostly fine with it, but it's frustrating in the moment.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
THIS, I DOUBT.
When did you move out to doubt it?:p

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

No, it's more like "can't you see I wanna watch the news; can't you see I wanna watch the movie?" and even during commercials, there's a "I'm sick of your talking!" -_- I just have to stay calm, cause I it's easier for me to get angry with time. But yeah, it's not something serious or anything... So, I'm mostly fine with it, but it's frustrating in the moment.
Yeah I know...it happened to me too, though I can't say why these things happen...I would venture a bit and say that it's an age thing involved in this too, like a feeling of getting much needed privacy after some time, who knows...maybe it's something more serious, like beginning of depression(seen that too, but not with my own fortunately)...

But I sort of moved out a long time ago, and these issues repaired themselves automatically...well at least on their end....I still close myself in regarding many things, and they insist that I share my problems with them...so now it's them who want to talk...to late for that I guess:p

What you can do is not bother him, if he doesn't like it...if he has problems UR mom will sort it out...moms always do:p
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Bene, it's been that way since I can remember. My father just likes his sitting-on-the-couch-watching-TV time after work. And the little time that we can talk with my parents when I'm home, especially in school years, has always been when we're eating. I'm home all the time now, but I gotta work and I have to have my privacy in my room. And when I feel like going to talk to my parents, I mostly talk to my mom when my dad isn't around. Especially not around the TV.

Yeah, I usually try to be silent, but sometimes I just feel like talking about something specific, sharing my opinion over something for one sec and my father gets hyterical, cause 1 second TV time was lost. xD

I love my father, I've cried and cried because of him, but I just can't seem to have a normal talk with him for some reason.

And yes, Adam, I am going to miss his rants when I move out.

Oh yes, and I don't really feel close to my father.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Well men can be terrible bastards that's true:p...what I can say is that I hope the situation will change...and from my experience it has great chances to change...don't let it bother you too much
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Yeah, I know, it shouldn't bother me. Maybe one day when we're apart, we'll feel closer. I've always thought that we can love eachother only from a distance. xD It's a pity, but oh well.

Thanks, Bene! :hug
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
I confess that I haven't had a cell phone for the past three weeks and I don't miss it.
I confess that when my cell phone battery dies, I usually leave it that way for days...it is pleasant indeed:p
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
No, it's more like "can't you see I wanna watch the news; can't you see I wanna watch the movie?" and even during commercials, there's a "I'm sick of your talking!" -_- I just have to stay calm, cause I it's easier for me to get angry with time. But yeah, it's not something serious or anything... So, I'm mostly fine with it, but it's frustrating in the moment.
Sounds like my grandpa. And that's why my mom absolutely prohibited TV at the table. (Only when we started a video analysis project did it become acceptable because we did work to make the video ready.)

Basically - any guy who rants at others, particularly at his daughter, is a genuine bully. You need to get out pronto and get some perspective on the situation because you can't when you live in such an environment.

I've found you are safer when you are incommunicado with such people because they are just destructive.

This doesn't mean you don't love your dad. I know my mom loves her dad, even when he does the most assholic things. I... really can't exactly say I love that man, especially when he demanded over the phone that she apologize to her brother when it was her brother who called her a bad mother. And how he neglected a kitten that I ended up adopting because the kitty needed a safer place (now she's at home, probably trying to pee on patent papers because that was the only way she got attention from that man.)

It's ironic - while one grandpa is a roaring asshat, the other set my life path. He was a chemical engineer and working on a lot of spacecraft projects, and that's kinda what I work on right now. He may have been sometimes jerky but he was not a bully.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
First: Earthforge, that's an awesome thing you're working on! I wish you all the best with it.

Yeah, it's not a very nice environment living in the same place as my father, it has always been hard because of him, one way or another. But also, the environment I'm in isn't exactly bad. It's just simply not what I want it to be. But I definitely want to start living away from my parents as soon as it's possible, I just need to be patient. But believe me, if it was something serious, I would've found a way to get out right now.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I confess that this thread needs a freakin positive confession - I'm happy with my life. Not everything is perfect but probably close to as perfect as it can get :victory

I confess Adi needs to be more positive, being depressed and negative is shit and while this is easier said than done life is so much more comfortable/beautiful if you try to look on the good side of things - try to be happy because you will always cherish these moments.

Fight the bad things and enjoy the good things - go Ado, GO! :arf
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I agree with the butthead above me, positivity does help. Smile more, Adi fadi, nad be more positive. There's always a bright side to every dark thing, take my word for it. I know from experience.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I confess that I avoided you these last two days and now you're gone. I didn't want to see the look on your face in such a circumstance, they're always awkward for me. My goodbye to you was Wednesday night, even though the word was never said. You'll never see this I guess, but thanks for everything. We'll see each other again someday.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess Gary's confession is making me nervous and kinda apprehensive, especially for him. :\
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
I confess that I avoided you these last two days and now you're gone. I didn't want to see the look on your face in such a circumstance, they're always awkward for me. My goodbye to you was Wednesday night, even though the word was never said. You'll never see this I guess, but thanks for everything. We'll see each other again someday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top