Life - The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3 | Page 30 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Buy Moria
Friday is the best day of the week. Had a lovely Brazilian dinner, seen some Brazilian bum...now enjoying a glass of red wine. Life is good.

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I confess I need to grow a mustache.

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
It sucks being mistaken for a girl. Few days ago I was going to a restroom and a man stopped me saying ma'am this is men's restroom. I felt like punching him.

I need to get rid of my long hair that I like so much and grow a mustache. But my facial hair takes too long to grow :worrybunny

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I was mistaken for a guy once so I understand that feeling :XD

Doesn't help that my name is one letter away from a guy's name :heh

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
It sucks being mistaken for a girl. Few days ago I was going to a restroom and a man stopped me saying ma'am this is men's restroom. I felt like punching him.

I need to get rid of my long hair that I like so much and grow a mustache. But my facial hair takes too long to grow :worrybunny
But some girls have mustaches :(...so no good...just be patient and try to grow some beard instead...or exercise a bit to show off le manliness :hip

Just sayin', mustaches don't look good :nah

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Maybe I should grow a beard and bulk up a bit.

Exercising is not a good idea for me. I suffer from rheumatic pain. If I walk much or even write too much my legs or hands starts hurting afterwards. I even had to take 4 painkillers for that.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Maybe I should grow a beard and bulk up a bit.

Exercising is not a good idea for me. I suffer from rheumatic pain. If I walk much or even write too much my legs or hands starts hurting afterwards. I even had to take 4 painkillers for that.
My mother suffers from the very same pain (Granted, she never takes painkillers, since painkillers literally kill her stomach instead), so, I know what kind of a pain it is. Well, I can imagine, to say the least. And considering how young you are, that will be some life you will go through. Good luck.
Anyways, I don't know how long your hair is, nor how baby-face you are, but regardless, 19 is young enough of an age to not worry about something like that. Just the regular case of a late bloomer.

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I know painkillers are bad since I've been taking them frequently for 7 years. Usual painkillers (Paracetamols) contains a bit caffeine which makes it hard to sleep. I use to take paracetamols long ago but slowly it lost effectiveness. Now I have to take muscle relaxants. I used to take 50 mg tablets before but now now I have to take 150 mg sometimes more than one. I know it's harmful but when the pain starts I can't do anything.... I can't even sleep without it. I do try to avoid them as much as possible. But I just can't. I myself would tell others to avoid painkillers unless the pain is severe. Thanks to the painkillers I have developed some kidney complications. And now forced to fill myself with water.

Adorien

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Philia :(
:hug

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I know painkillers are bad since I've been taking them frequently for 7 years. Usual painkillers (Paracetamols) contains a bit caffeine which makes it hard to sleep. I use to take paracetamols long ago but slowly it lost effectiveness. Now I have to take muscle relaxants. I used to take 50 mg tablets before but now now I have to take 150 mg sometimes more than one. I know it's harmful but when the pain starts I can't do anything.... I can't even sleep without it. I do try to avoid them as much as possible. But I just can't. I myself would tell others to avoid painkillers unless the pain is severe. Thanks to the painkillers I have developed some kidney complications. And now forced to fill myself with water.
It really looks bad, yeah paracetamol doesn't do much for me either. But taking muscle relaxants is dangerous. I remember blacking out after taking those. Isn't there something else you can take, because yeah they would fuck up your kidneys or your liver.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Get a fake mustache, problem solved.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Well, obviously this isn't a treatment, and just to alleviate the pain momentarily, but in the end, it's pretty much drugging yourself, in a sense. In the end, you should do some routine mild exercise. This is to mostly protect your muscle structure and physical strength in the first place. If you don't go through that, you'll be suffering a lot more with a weakened physical constitution as you age.

Of course, "Easier said than done" applies here, as well. I'd see my physician first to consult about what you can and you cannot do without putting much strain on your body. Also, try to use any medicine with prescription. If you think it's not being of help anymore, that should also be within the doctor's knowledge. Though I don't know if you are already doing it that way or not.

I'm also somewhat weak physically, and have to rely on seasonal vitamin supplies to keep myself intact (my doctor once told me that I didn't lack vitamin-D, I simply had none of it), so I can relate to this a tiny bit, although, to my best luck, I haven't gone through sharp pain for most part, so, it is still an unknown land for me mostly.

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
:glomp

Get a fake mustache, problem solved.
Not a nice way to solve the problem though.

It really looks bad, yeah paracetamol doesn't do much for me either. But taking muscle relaxants is dangerous. I remember blacking out after taking those. Isn't there something else you can take, because yeah they would fuck up your kidneys or your liver.
Oops. Do you suffer from similar problems too? Why did you take muscle relaxants?

And yes, every medicine has side effects. I don't take them unless I feel it's necessary. I was prescribed muscle relaxants by my doctor first. Later I started taking those whenever I felt the pain was getting severe which means without doctor's suggestions. It's not a nice thing to consult to doctor every week. Later I was scanned with some kidney complications and was told not to take them unless it's very necessary. I've been doing that since then. Although I usually need to take them several times every week.
Well, obviously this isn't a treatment, and just to alleviate the pain momentarily, but in the end, it's pretty much drugging yourself, in a sense. In the end, you should do some routine mild exercise. This is to mostly protect your muscle structure and physical strength in the first place. If you don't go through that, you'll be suffering a lot more with a weakened physical constitution as you age.

Of course, "Easier said than done" applies here, as well. I'd see my physician first to consult about what you can and you cannot do without putting much strain on your body. Also, try to use any medicine with prescription. If you think it's not being of help anymore, that should also be within the doctor's knowledge. Though I don't know if you are already doing it that way or not.

I'm also somewhat weak physically, and have to rely on seasonal vitamin supplies to keep myself intact (my doctor once told me that I didn't lack vitamin-D, I simply had none of it), so I can relate to this a tiny bit, although, to my best luck, I haven't gone through sharp pain for most part, so, it is still an unknown land for me mostly.
I'm sorry to hear that you had vitamin deficiency. I have no idea about how it feels but it has to be terrible.

Well I do not have any problems with regular movements. I can walk, run and swim. It's just I can't do it for a longer period of time. But doing exercises like push ups, sit ups or weight lifting would not be a good idea for me. I actually have never went to a gym. Other than that it's pretty fine.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
:glomp

Not a nice way to solve the problem though.

Oops. Do you suffer from similar problems too? Why did you take muscle relaxants?

And yes, every medicine has side effects. I don't take them unless I feel it's necessary. I was prescribed muscle relaxants by my doctor first. Later I started taking those whenever I felt the pain was getting severe which means without doctor's suggestions. It's not a nice thing to consult to doctor every week. Later I was scanned with some kidney complications and was told not to take them unless it's very necessary. I've been doing that since then. Although I usually need to take them several times every week.

I'm sorry to hear that you had vitamin deficiency. I have no idea about how it feels but it has to be terrible.

Well I do not have any problems with regular movements. I can walk, run and swim. It's just I can't do it for a longer period of time. But doing exercises like push ups, sit ups or weight lifting would not be a good idea for me. I actually have never went to a gym. Other than that it's pretty fine.
Yep pretty much everyone in my family has them,but I noticed that it tends to get worse if I don't exercise. Lifting weights isn't gonna do you much good, but anything else like walking or swimming could help. You should see with your doctor about what kind of exercise you can do, and hopefully it will ease your pain a bit. Also as Hakuteiken pointed out, you're pretty young, and I can tell you that all those problems get worse with age, so it's better to do something about it now than later.
Hope it gets better, I know how hard it is.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock

You get tired quickly and feel like you might drop dead after a short activity. Not terrible in comparison, but it's still not pleasant.

Ah, I see. You should swim whenever you can, then. Within your limits, of course. Swimming is a good workout for your whole muscle system. You don't have to go under heavy exercises like weight lifting. Those are options that you can only consider if your overall situation shows improvement in the first place.

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
Reaction score
Country
Buy Moria
I don't get tired or whatnot but I have a heavy tingling sensation in my legs. There were times when I could not walk because of it :oh. My doctor prescribed one year injectable vitamin D3 treatment. Now it's better.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I don't get tired or whatnot but I have a heavy tingling sensation in my legs. There were times when I could not walk because of it :oh. My doctor prescribed one year injectable vitamin D3 treatment. Now it's better.
That was worrying, actually.