Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I love how after all that... no answer was formed.
In order to receive a credible answer, ask the ones who promoted us; we cannot judge our own qualities.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
I love how after all that... no answer was formed.
Because there's no standard answer.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

NOOOOOOOOO :arf
Didn't know you were a troll.:p

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

who would that be?
The admins, or to be more precise the "reds".
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,758
Reaction score
26,062
Gender
Male
Country
United States
who would that be?
While there is no "one" criteria per-se when a potential moderator is chosen.
A moderator is usually picked for his or her active role for a section he or she posts in.
Generally, some of the qualities looked for a potential mod is consistency, presence, contribution.
Ofc - it helps this person does not "troll" a given section - and is helpful in that area.

Such a person is "seen or thought" to be a contribution and thus nominated for an open position (when available) and a decision is made by the higher ups. Input is taken from the green's , techs & Global and Admins - finally approval goes to the Admin in the selection process.

*Ofc - depending which admins are involved having boobs help. :lmao
  • * Gary - cough
  • * Bob - cough cough
  • *Nii chan - small cough cuz he likes small boobs
  • * - i am missing someone here - sorry ^^;
Joke on that - hope it helps answer some-questions*.

And the right to revoke your "mod-ship" is reserved anytime if it is determined that you are not "adequate" in preforming your mod role / duty.
 
Last edited:

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,657
Gender
Female
Country
China
I see

thanks for the answer charles, cleared up a lot :^_^
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
lol I don't think I am too :D but still they won't make me mod right :XD
Depends, asking outright for modship rarely works.
I'd say you contribute a lot to the Magi section.But you can be sure that trolling or breaking the forum rules by bashing members or whatever would rarely get you the favors of the admins.

In my case I became very active in the Magi section, but not only. I was seen participating in various sections, and a staffer on the site recommanded me and he saw me as someone who can be described as a "high quality" poster, and someone who overall contributes to the section they're active on.
Also a lot of mods end up stepping down after a while, after that they gain the senpai status(pink color). So there can be an open spot that needs to be filled. Of course this entirely in the hands of the upper staff, and based on recommandations.
And I can tell you it's not based on the post count. Some mods got modded while having only a hundred posts or so. So it's hardly a standard, rather if you come up with meaningful posts, as well as overall contribute to a section, then you're on your way for getting a mod-ship, in theory.
 
  • Like
Reactions: g01

Machi-tan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2014
Messages
840
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
United States
TSPanda.... is asking about staff ship.... And getting a feel for it's requirements... i don't like this. Not one bit. The panda seeks to leave it's cage and claim power...

TSPanda

T .. S...

T is the 20th letter of the alphabet
S is the 19th...

20+19 = 39...

13 is a number of misfortune..

39/13... = 3

 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,657
Gender
Female
Country
China
ah machi-tan figured it out huh :hurr

the s in tspanda does stand for illuminati after all
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
It's a moderator rank; he likely means that such position would require more posts or something.
And it does not. I became a mod with 150 posts or something.

Does not take thousands of posts to prove that you are a decent person and vice versa, anyway.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,657
Gender
Female
Country
China
Well, again, not 'require', but I 'expected' it
 

g01

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 30, 2014
Messages
2,798
Reaction score
1,588
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Depends, asking outright for modship rarely works.
I'd say you contribute a lot to the Magi section.But you can be sure that trolling or breaking the forum rules by bashing members or whatever would rarely get you the favors of the admins.

In my case I became very active in the Magi section, but not only. I was seen participating in various sections, and a staffer on the site recommanded me and he saw me as someone who can be described as a "high quality" poster, and someone who overall contributes to the section they're active on.
Also a lot of mods end up stepping down after a while, after that they gain the senpai status(pink color). So there can be an open spot that needs to be filled. Of course this entirely in the hands of the upper staff, and based on recommandations.
And I can tell you it's not based on the post count. Some mods got modded while having only a hundred posts or so. So it's hardly a standard, rather if you come up with meaningful posts, as well as overall contribute to a section, then you're on your way for getting a mod-ship, in theory.
Thanks for information lola-san :hug
lol I don't want to become mod too much :Xd I am just curious about your secret meeeting place:wooo
Hımm mods can't be trolls ? couch niichan,haku,sky cough :XD

And he was right,you are definetly high quality poster :verily
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Thanks for information lola-san :hug
lol I don't want to become mod too much :Xd I am just curious about your secret meeeting place:wooo
Hımm mods can't be trolls ? couch niichan,haku,sky cough :XD

And he was right,you are definetly high quality poster :verily
Well I don't know if they qualify as such, plus we don't hang out in the same sections.:XD
Thanks, that's so nice of you to say.:)
 
  • Like
Reactions: g01

Machi-tan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2014
Messages
840
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I confess that i skip my Statistics class wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much :arf my professor doesn't care because i can do the work. But I'm rusty and i should get myself to go more often... but .... I don't want to D:
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Boy, I used to hate statistics. Now it bites me in the ass that I didn't learn it properly and I'll have to take night classes after work to make up for that. Gather will now or worse days might come xD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
*Ofc - depending which admins are involved having boobs help. :lmao
  • * Gary - cough
  • * Bob - cough cough
  • *Nii chan - small cough cuz he likes small boobs
  • * - i am missing someone here - sorry ^^;
Joke on that - hope it helps answer some-questions*
tfw they haven't invented the technology to know boob-size via someone's posts :feelsbadman
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
If only he had invented the dyck-size option as well...manga sections would make so much more sense to me :feelsbadman
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
tfw they haven't invented the technology to know boob-size via someone's posts :feelsbadman
I can guess boob size with a 83.3% accuracy through computer screens, didn't you know?

All you have to do is to calculate the expected value of the person's posts by substituting A = 1, B = 2, ... up to 11 (K-cup), and pinpoint the closest letter equivalent of the said expected value.
 
Top