Life - The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3 | Page 86 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Battling your own mind is one of the hardest thing i have done in my life . Life with depression is terrible- it's unpredictable, it can be frightening but there are moments of stillness, by which honestly I was confused but i get it now. It is actually extremely hard to talk about your illness to someone in real life, no sorry its impossible for me and will be until i reach the end point. This past month has been increasingly worse with panic attacks increasing twice or thrice a day. The only good day I have is when I dont leave my room 24h but that happens only once every 2 months. Will be going to see the doctor next month hope this helps. If anyone is struggling with mental issues do Pm me.

FairyGod

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Stop giving him kiddie advice like 'binge watch sth' or 'distract yourself'. He needs a new environment and throwing yourself at another time sink is just a quick fix that turns bad quicker than you think. Do you honestly think one turns depraved just because of lack of a little stress relief :-_-
Uhh... I was talking about my own experience. I did mention finding something fun to do with friends.

Reactions: GB

liductan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This thread died..

Let me make my first...confession.

First, it's good to get to place where you know and understand yourself. The good and bad parts about you make you unique. In the past, I struggled with accepting the "bad" qualities within me...
But I have learned that many people around me like those qualities. So, never be to hard on yourself, let those around appreciate you the way you are. Especially yourself!

It's great to be comfortable with yourself,
Cause there's only one of you and that's enough.

Yup, there's only one, this one and true lissa.
That's smart, authentic and honest (verbally fiesty):whistle
Can be sweet too..(certain people):p
I heard she's cute but who knows..:catshrug

Good night yall.

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
I confess that I hate myself. Quite a lot.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sometimes I wish I didn't have booty. It makes me feel less confident. Or should I be proud of it? 🤔
Hmmm women like men with a strong booty (from my exp have not heard anything contrary).
So, assuming you are a guy, I think it's fine to be proud of your assets. :grumble

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmm I see :grumble

but................

:notamused
Was covering the bases, ya know.
I don't have social media so no clue regarding these matters.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I confess that I miss feeling good at something. Feeling happy at accomplishing something, anything.
I miss having the time to sit down and write songs I’m genuinely proud of. I miss performing. God damn, I miss standing on stage.
I miss having friends of my own, close enough to talk to on at least a weekly basis, and even meet from time to time.
I miss the time when I felt I could spend the day with a friend other than my wife. The time when my wife wasn’t depressed and plagued with stress and anxiety, and I didn’t feel bad for leaving her alone with the kids for ten minutes.
(I am crying right now thinking about the next sentence I’m about to write.)
Sometimes I miss not being a dad.
Only sometimes. And even then, I would never really wish I wasn’t, because I love my kids to death.
But I do often wish I could still be a dad and a husband and at the same time be an actual own person, who could do things I feel good at. Who didn’t have to turn down offers to be in shows, play gigs or even to hang out and play music with a friend from time to time.
I miss music. It used to be the other love of my life.
There’s a show coming up this fall/winter. One of my used-to-be closest friends has said he’ll be in it if I am. I want to be in it so bad. But I’m afraid me being away so much will break my wife.
And in the end I’m prepared to be unhappy with myself if it means more moments when she’s happy or at least less crippled by anxiety. But I still needed to write all this down somewhere.

A big sorry to anyone who actually read all that. I’m not as utterly beaten down as this post makes sound.. just needed it off my chest.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
That's life. We all have to make sacrifices. :sweatdrop

one thing for sure is that your wife and kids are lucky to have a husband/father like you Orgz... and I do believe that your sacrifices will be repaid in due time. :^_^

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to fatherhood and grown up shit bruv...man up:Haha

Nah :comfort
Just think...only thing else to look forward to is a grave xD

Nah...really
Bet there are atleast a billion people would love to trade their worries/hang ups for yours'

:thumbs

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
I can't say much but tell you that everything will get better at one moment.There are many ups and downs in one's life.
And you might be in the latter one..but what you know/gotta know is that if you don't give up and resist, you'll be in the happy part ,maybe an even better part than ever, that bad moment of life won't last.
Yes it takes time , but that time will come.Time passes and people change, but you too change.
What I think the most important thing is that you could talk about it with friends or family , so that they can understand you/your situation and help you make things better.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Currently i believe in no religion. I fear what after death, You have the Abrahamic religions and the remaining 4197 religions. Every religion says it's the ultimate truth and you have to believe or you are going to hell. It's like gambling at this point, You bet on a religion with your after life and you either going to heaven or hell based on your geographical luck, It's depressing. It's also depressing if there is nothing after death but nothingness. However, You can feel the presence of a force that protect and guide us sometimes, Some call it coincidence but i thinks it's work of god.

I hope there is a god who is willing to reward good ppl and punish bad ppl based on their actions not on their doctrine.

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Currently i believe in no religion. I fear what after death, You have the Abrahamic religions and the remaining 4197 religions. Every religion says it's the ultimate truth and you have to believe or you are going to hell. It's like gambling at this point, You bet on a religion with your after life and you either going to heaven or hell based on your geographical luck, It's depressing. It's also depressing if there is nothing after death but nothingness. However, You can feel the presence of a force that protect and guide us sometimes, Some call it coincidence but i thinks it's work of god.

I hope there is a god who is willing to reward good ppl and punish bad ppl based on their actions not on their doctrine.
I don't want to delve deep into the subject of religion since it's a sensitive topic and people can easily get offended but IMHO any person who believes in any kind of supreme being who is presumably fair and intelligent, can be certain that this being wouldn't punish him/her solely on the basis that he/she was born in the wrong location which was also supposedly determined by that being. To my understanding, the concepts of heaven and hell are only used to encourage people to do good deeds and avoid bad ones. I'd humbly suggest you follow your moral compass and commit actions based on what you feel is right, not with the expectation of a reward or fear of punishment, that would be when you need not worry about these stuff.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
The divine is that what undeniably has been branded with value and meaning by humanity. Whatever God is considered to be the rightful ruler over time, space and death by human X is surely a little divine. Humanity decides what those Gods are responsible for every single day with wanton abandon. Killing in the name of God is like drowning a kid in their morning muesli right when they want to take a sip and yet it still happens every day. Praying to God is like trying to slap that kid awake and yet it still happens every day.

As far as a character goes, as mainstay actors in the history and future of humanity itself, in that specific sense, I think God(s) are very real. The beauty of it is you can't resist God's influence over concepts that humanity lives by. For that reason, I think that God, a martyr trapped in the institutions and minds of most of humanity, is worthy of praise, for they're doing a job they probably didn't even ask for.

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
I confess I'm excited that I'm going to CHicago next month
That's super cool. My confession is that today I have done nothing at all but lay in bed so much my back hurts. Damn time to gtfo and eat or something. And no it is not my day off but I turned it into one lol.

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
That shit ain't lol...cant remember last time I just laid'round:disappoint