Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that I typed a long few paragraphs explaining everything, but erased all of it and just left that one sentence. :teehee

In the end, I guess I wasn't ready for the full confession.
Care to Explain in a PM? I may be able to help
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Same here. Two points of view are better than one.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I confess that I typed a long few paragraphs explaining everything, but erased all of it and just left that one sentence. :teehee

In the end, I guess I wasn't ready for the full confession.
Well, that makes sense lol. I confess I am still curious about whom was that post about :p
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
How do having crushes suck? :blink I'd say they're generally good.
I think it is mildly disturbing to have a crush on not one but two random strangers over the internet lol.
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,443
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Agreed. One or Two isn't nearly enough.

Jaws are exciting, for Cody's sake !
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I think it is mildly disturbing to have a crush on not one but two random strangers over the internet lol.
Depends on whether they're strangers or not. My guess is no. If you get to know someone enough over time you may not feel like they are, even if they might be in comparison to the people you know from everyday life. In some cases you may be as close or closer to said person. It really depends.

All that being said, all he said was a "crush". I don't think it's disturbing.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Though, Milly liking someone is weird :iik
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Depends on whether they're strangers or not. My guess is no. If you get to know someone enough over time you may not feel like they are, even if they might be in comparison to the people you know from everyday life. In some cases you may be as close or closer to said person. It really depends.

All that being said, all he said was a "crush". I don't think it's disturbing.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Though, Milly liking someone is weird :iik
Well, he said "people on this forum" which I take it means people with whom his only interaction has been posts or PM in this forum and maybe exchanged a picture in the picture discussion thread (and that would assume he believed the person in question is who that person said it was). Of course, if the people in question have been met in real life it is a different matter altogether. Anything but meeting them for real would imply there is a crush on someone with whom there has never been an actual encounter and thus could be anyone or anything....
 

Freid

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
1,678
Reaction score
1,211
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, I don't think it's disturbing for someone to have an internet crush, neither is it uncommon; It's a crush, not love. The personality of a person in real life may be drastically different to their personality on the internet, but not everybody questions the authenticity of a person's internet persona. People tend to take it at face value, so an attractive picture and a nice personality, be they genuine or not, can often lead to people having crushes.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well, he said "people on this forum" which I take it means people with whom his only interaction has been posts or PM in this forum and maybe exchanged a picture in the picture discussion thread (and that would assume he believed the person in question is who that person said it was). Of course, if the people in question have been met in real life it is a different matter altogether. Anything but meeting them for real would imply there is a crush on someone with whom there has never been an actual encounter and thus could be anyone or anything....
Fair enough, but I think there's a little lack of trust on your part in this regard, no offense. I would hope most people here have better things to do then pretend they're somebody they're not. This isn't 4chan. In fact, I know a few couples who met on MH and are still together today, one of which are married.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, yeah I lack trust lol. I don't think that in particular is a secret at large either.... I admit I have never met in person anyone in the forums though (at most I have lurked the picture thread).
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well, yeah I lack trust lol. I don't think that in particular is a secret at large either.... I admit I have never met in person anyone in the forums though (at most I have lurked the picture thread).
LOL, it's alright. Some have had the good fortune of meeting each other, etc. In general, I would say keeping anonymous is a good idea for the net at large, but I would hope and like to think that MH is different :thumbs
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I confess that I am suffering from manga withdrawal today... I can only read that one fairy tail chapter so many times....
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Having a crush over the internet isn't weird at all to me. :p I have crushes on complete strangers I see in class, and even on celebrities. I don't see it as any different, really. In fact, some crushes I've had on the internet are a lot less creepy than the ones I've had in real life simply because I've actually talked to most of my internet crushes. That's always a good start I should think. <_>

And I agree that MangaHelpers doesn't really hold on to creepers for very long, since those types typically get the ban stamp pretty quickly. :kukuku

I confess that the post I made before is in fact about someone I met over the internet. How interesting that the conversation made its way to that direction. :amuse
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I confess that the post I made before is in fact about someone I met over the internet. How interesting that the conversation made its way to that direction. :amuse
Is it a hawt chick? :wtf
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Is it a hawt chick? :wtf
I would find that just mildly improbable unless naomi's venus symbol under her avatar is a lie (I do hope you are not a creepy 40 year old guy with a pedo mustache :p)....

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

I do confess I am not the type to fall in love/crush at the first sight (of course, I have had crushes on random cute girls in my classes however I usually get over such things in a matter of days). I am slow even at becoming friends with people and it takes a while for me to even consider them little more than acquaintances...
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
How do having crushes suck? :blink I'd say they're generally good.
Emotions suck. Love is wishy washy crap.


I have a crush in real life too. Could be lust tho. <_<
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I think most of us have had a crush on someone over the internet before...

I confess I am being sneaky atm.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top