Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Naomi, this thread is too cryptic :notsure .......I feel at home :hee
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I confess I am not going to the gym as often as I meant to. Next week I am going at least 4 times.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Cryptic mess.

My gym membership is severely neglected as well, kkck. :sweat

Maybe I'll go swimming or something this week.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, mine is not quite severely neglected lol. I meant to go to the gym 4 times a week and golf on the weekends but instead I have gone twice a week at most and am kinda hoping to golf tomorrow (gotta get that handicap from 36 to 25 at the moment lol).
 

Freid

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
1,678
Reaction score
1,211
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lol hate to sound ignorant, but ain't golf like some lazy people's sport.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Lol hate to sound ignorant, but ain't golf like some lazy people's sport.
It's more of a leisure sport, and it's mainly just walking, and even less so if you have a cart.

Some people take it seriously though.
 

Freid

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
1,678
Reaction score
1,211
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't see the difference between golf and any other sport that can be played both professionally and leisurely.

It's a sport like any other which, at professional level, is presumably more physically demanding than most people would think; however, it's a very comfortable sport that stereotypically old retired people find solace in playing. It may not be a lazy sport per se, but it's surely a great sport for lazy people.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't see the difference between golf and any other sport that can be played both professionally and leisurely.

It's a sport like any other which, at professional level, is presumably more physically demanding than most people would think; however, it's a very comfortable sport that stereotypically old retired people find solace in playing. It may not be a lazy sport per se, but it's surely a great sport for lazy people.
You're not wrong. It's the old saying that any sport that can be played while drinking and/or smoking isn't really a sport :XD ...like bowling :derp
 
Last edited:

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess I want to talk with a certain someone.

I confess I want to spend some time with people from MH one-on-one.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I don't have a cart when I play golf but I do admit I use a caddie (it would be against the club rules not to and eve if it wasn't I probably would still use one lol). Even then, walking a mile or two and swinging the club 120 times (I am not that good as my handicap comment would imply :p) can be a bit tiring. I have played with people who can't make it past 9 wholes (a part of the point of going to the gym a lot is to make playing 18 holes a breeze and it does work lol) Anyways, I find golf to be extremely relaxing. Green fields, bit of nature, having a beer at the 6th hole, then another one at the 19th one.... I could see why some people don't quite get it though. Still, it is a sport which requires insane precision and even though the swing looks remarkably simple it takes years to perfect (it looks easy but I dare anyone here to get that tiny ball into that tiny hole 20 yards away, let alone 40 or 400). I really don't see why people in general feel it is for lazy people though, most people I know sometimes wouldn't walk 3 or 4 blocks from class to go eat lol). Heck, I would think even most people here would not actually walk that far or even less for more interesting activities (really, ask yourself how many times you haven't gone somewhere simply because the walk is too long and it is not even more than a few blocks).
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I've played golf multiple times before, but usually only the top private courses require you to use a caddie. Most courses here have carts to make it more accessible to play by everyone.

I'm not poo-pooing the skill level required to play golf. It is not a labor-intensive sport though.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, where I am from there are only a few golf courses and they are all pretty much exclusive unfortunately (not that I complain, it is awesome lol). I would agree in that golf is not as physically demanding as other sports but it is still more demanding than what people think at large (I guess it would be about as lazy as people suggest if you use a cart however I do feel that takes away some of its charm).
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that I will never let myself have you.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I confess I have no idea of what that means.
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that I typed a long few paragraphs explaining everything, but erased all of it and just left that one sentence. :teehee

In the end, I guess I wasn't ready for the full confession.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,054
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I confess that I had an interesting time at an ATM today. Just saying, some buttons need to have clear labels. :faint.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I have a crush or two on this forum and hate it.

Having crushes suck.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I confess it would be hilariuous if whoever in this forum you are attracted to turned out to be of the opposite gender you would normally go for (somehow an scenario with a creepy 40 year old guy with a pedo mustache popped to my head lol)
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
...






...........









.......................



Shut up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top