Jupiter Ascending is not bad. I would give it a solid 7/10; however I think the casting was bad.
Where are they and how hard can I slap them?But I'm a fan of Spader's delivery style and I know not everyone is..
Let's not start lying here, it has a couple funny moments, it got a story with dialogue. It's the best movie of the year so far and with the huge and vast majority of critics agreeing, the problem probably lies with you, not the way around.
Ex Machina was great too though.Funny how Nathan never really lied, while Caleb was played like a fool from the very beginning.
The biggest shocker is how Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 got $62,929,000 in the box office so far with Ex Machina only reaching 20mil so far. :/
Don't underestimate stupid slapstick comedy. The original made 146 million dollars and I assume it was just as terrible.Let's not start lying here, it has a couple funny moments, it got a story with dialogue. It's the best movie of the year so far and with the huge and vast majority of critics agreeing, the problem probably lies with you, not the way around.
Ex Machina was great too though.Funny how Nathan never really lied, while Caleb was played like a fool from the very beginning.
The biggest shocker is how Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 got $62,929,000 in the box office so far with Ex Machina only reaching 20mil so far. :/
Man, what is this elitist BS? lolNo Blockbuster can be movie of the year
Well said.I couldn't agree more, although we are pretty much the only ones who think that...No Blockbuster can be movie of the year
It does not have anything to do with elitist bullshit, it´s just the truth. It´s only that people got so used to McDonalds food, they can not even taste 3 star restaurant meal, heck not even a juicy, Argentinian steak from a natural bred animal.Man, what is this elitist BS? lol
Oh come on, that's a pretty bad view considering blockbuster action movies are the ones that will never have the chance to win an oscar for movie of the year. Wow, you are pretty much the only ones? Hahaha, the most unture statement in this whole thread I assure you of that with 120% confidence. I would bet everything own on that.Well said.I couldn't agree more, although we are pretty much the only ones who think that...
Regardless isn't it too early to say if Mad Max is going to be the movie of the year? When some movies like Spectre aren't out yet?That's prolly one of the few blockbuster movies I'm looking forward to see.
It is elitist bullshit, your anology really doesn't work at all here. Not every great movie has to be appeal to the intellect to be considered incredibly good. Let's not confuse it with bad blockbuster movies like Transformers or Iron Man 3. The action and cinematography was top notch in Fury Road. I never felt like the movie tried to trick me into anything with it's effects or action.It does not have anything to do with elitist bullshit, it´s just the truth. It´s only that people got so used to McDonalds food, they can not even taste 3 star restaurant meal, heck not even a juicy, Argentinian steak from a natural bred animal.
Or their opinions simply differ from yours. Alleging people of bribery without a shred of evidence. Hooray to that!!I think, Warner Bros. wrote a lot checks out to these critics.
Yeah let's recommend one of the greatest SciFi dramas over this... you couldn't have chosen something further on top, because there really isn't much to chose from there. Terminator 2, Alien, Wall-E, Westworld, The Iron Giant, GitS, Robocop.Ex Machina was more about naked robot women than advanced technology and it's connection with human beings. Oscar Isaac was the only real reason I even bothered with this film.
Recommend "Blade Runner" over this.
Not really, the fact is there's two types of movies, and generally blockbuster movies are more on the surface, but author's cinema is different, and is way more deep than any blockbuster movie period. Even if you have some blockbuster trying to be deep, it can never be as deep as an author film. It's a matter of preference in the end, and right now the most successful movies are blockbusters filled with brainless action. We can't judge a whole genre on simply a few movies, we judge it on the majority of the films, and in the case of author movies there aren't many that have brainless action either. Like someone said blockbusters don't win the oscars for best movie or rarely, so they're just good to fill the pockets of movie studios with money.I don't get the analogy at all. Plenty of blockbuster-like movies have substance.
I'm not talking about shit that merely makes money and is therefore a blockbluster. I'm talking about something that is almost universally well-received on top of it. Surely there are enough cynical movie critics to knock down stuff just because it's popular. Hype goes hand in hand with hyperbole, but just because something makes money, doesn't automatically void it's artistic merit. That's too jaded for me, sorry.