Platforms The Nintendo Wii and DSi Thread

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: DS Recommendations !

The Video Games subforum doesn't really get much attention here for some reason. So being patient for responses here is probably the best way to go.

I don't have a Nintendo DS though.
 

macherie

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
415
Reaction score
16
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: DS Recommendations !

Oh okay, thanks for the heads up GK ! =] Yeah looks like not many people either possess a DS or are collectively hyper about it like me ^__^

If that's the case GK, you should join me in buying one this December ! it'll serve as a great way to kill time, since i have a 3 month break ! yaaay =]=]
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: DS Recommendations !

All I can say is do not start playing any Harvest Moon series.. that game is so incredibly addictive and I absolutely hate it.. I play a game where I do chores, instead of actually doing them!
 

macherie

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
415
Reaction score
16
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: DS Recommendations !

Lmao, i can see what you mean, i've heard about it and one of my friends absolutely loves it, you do chores in the virtual world and you feel good, but then you realise you're doing absolutely nothing in the real world hey? haha thanks refii ^^
 

Twar

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
62
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Estonia
Re: DS Recommendations !

I have a DS Lite and I would say Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents is one of the most entertaining games out there and I'm currently playing Pokemon Diamond alongside The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - I'm in love with both.
My friends who have R4 tell me to wise up and get a flash adapter and I've thought about it but I'm quite old-fashioned when it comes to Nintendo, so up until now all of my games are originals. The feel of a new game cartridge is a nice one.
But it gets quite excruciating when my friends are playing import-only games like like it's nothing. I've had DS (phat at first, then sold it for Lite) for like 3 years now and I'm really happy with it.
 

macherie

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
415
Reaction score
16
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: DS Recommendations !

Ah thanks Twar ! Yeah my friends have an R4 and i plan to buy one after i finish my studies this year, along with buying a nintendo ds lite XD One of them is really into Ouendan and i'm not sure, i looks good but i think i'm a bit unco when it comes to screen tapping like that, haha. Yeah i'm a fan of the pokemon series, they grabbed m eby the balls when i was young.. so lucky for them i'm a supporrter, and i loveeeeeee the zelda series, bloody awesome i look forward to playing that.
But i'm also glad to hear that you directly support nintendo and definitely agree when it comes to that feeling of opening a new game, or simply holding the box, feels great. Especially slotting that cartridge in and beginning the gaming XD
But yeah if you like to play more games and maybe you're shorter on money these days, i'd highly recommend getting a flash cartridge, they're really worthwhile ^^
Thanks!
 

Seiken

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: DS Recommendations !

Well, you may not get to see this message for a while, but strongly recommend:

New Super Mario Bros
Animal Crossing
Advance Wars: Dual Strike

All of them are mighty fine games I must say! :D
 

BlaZeR

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
483
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: DS Recommendations !

Pokemon, gotta catch em all
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: DS Recommendations !

Well, when this game comes out, but the new Kingdom Hearts game for the DS.

Oh and also get the one for the PSP that ones gonna be about the Keyblade Wars.
 

Man_Hunt

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: DS Recommendations !

yes Kingdom Heart for DS, we play as XIII organization
maybe
JUMP ULTIMATE STARS=if you like shonen jump
DEMENTIUM the WARD
DIGIMON DUSK & DAWN
MARIO HOOPS 3 on 3
 

mitokomon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
242
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
Turkey
Re: DS Recommendations !

Some of the games I can (really) recommend from the ones I've played;
-Hotel dusk room 215
-Izuna the legend of the unemployed ninja
-Drawn to life (this one is for little kids maybe dunno, but I liked it till the game didn't work)
-Kirby games
-Heroes of mana
-Freshly picked Tingle's rosy rupeeland (my favourite^^/Tingle might sound familiar if u played zelda oracle of ages, he had some magic words -_-')
And my brother says lost in blue is good too, I haven't played it yet...
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: DS Recommendations !

Zelda Phantom Hourglass is a must for anyone who liked the Windwaker game.

Also in More Brain Training theres this mini-game you can unlock called germbusters which is basically just like tetris, and its highly addictive.
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: DS Recommendations !

Wow! I've got my DS just 2 months ago, so this thread helped me a lot ^^
I have just finished the 1st Phoenix Wright, and it's awesome! Can't wait to play the other ones, and the Edgeworth spinoff that will be released as well :3

So far, I recommend Phoenix Wright, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Party (the wireless mode is very fun ^^), Elite Beat Agents / Ouendan......and CrossworDS >D


Do any of you guys use homebrews? I´m having trouble with BeUp and the DSOrganizer irc client...
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: DS Recommendations !

I've only played the DS once, by borrowing my friends, but I've been trying to find some emulators for it.

Looking forward to the Kingdom Hearts DS game, that's one I would definately recommend, and the only game which I would buy a DS for. :amuse
 

rai-chu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: DS Recommendations !

Well there are many games in DS. One is The World Ends With You (Developed and Published by SE) and I can say it's a good game.

The Ace Attorney Series is also good. I could also recommend that. There are many games it only depends on your preference.
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: DS Recommendations !

2. This is my list, any game recommendations? ^__^ Feel free to inform me.

Thanks !

Zelda
Cooking MAMA
Phoenix Wright 1/2/3/4
Bomberman: Touchland
Sonic Rush Adventure
Mario Kart DS
Diddy kong racing DS
Tetris DS
Pokemon DIAMOND/PEARL
Trauma Centre
Mario and Luigi
Ouuendan
Lunar Knights
Subarashii KONO SEKAI
FinalFantasy: - Revenant Wings
- Chocobo tales
- Chrono chronicles
- Final fantasy 4
- Final fantasy 3
Mario Party Ds
Shounen Jump - All stars
Taiko drums
Pokemon Ranger
Brain training
Naruto Ninja Council series
Dynasty Warriors DS
Elite beat agents - Ouuendan
Digimon world DS
Bleach english?!
star fox command
yoshi's island ds
<hr noshade size="1">
Seems like no one here is a DS fan ;_;
A major omission from that list. Advance Wars DS. Pure class!
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: DS Recommendations !

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I'd highly reccomend the Phoenix Wright and Pokemon franchises; Namely Phoneix Wright: Ace Attourney and Pokemon: Diamond/ Pearl.
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: DS Recommendations !

I looked through the list and was depressed not to notice the best handheld game yet.
The World Ends with You is so zeta addictive. It has amazing graphics, a zetta awesome fighting system,great storyline, a brilliant soundtrack ,and characters that are better made then Final Fantasy characters. Super Jesus Beams FTW!!

It's one of the few games that I would buy a DS for.

Here's another few games that haven't been mentioned enough are the Advanced Wars: Dual Strike(arguably the best Advanced Wars), Elite Beat Agents, Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass(defintely lives up to the series, something that is to die for), Trauma Center: Under the Knife(overlooked a lot but extremely good).

Quick note: Get only one of the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney series because if you've played one you've played them all. Pretty much all of them follow the same formula, though I suppose some people might like that.

I'm a bit of a DS addict myself and own all of the above games so I know what I'm talking about.
 
Last edited:

Hayashida

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 6, 2008
Messages
214
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: DS Recommendations !

i'm enjoying the KORG DS-10
 

lord0din69

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
DSi and the Wii

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48382.html?type=flv

My japanese isn't that great and vocabulary is very limited so I need some help here.

So I was watching this trailer promoting the DSi features with the Wii, it starts out normal saying the DSi and interact with what the Wii is broadcasting. Nothing special, it's just host and client type of connection. You are allowed to stream it or save it to your SD card.

Then it goes into some kind of food store option and you buy something on the DSi?! What!? And somehow you broadcast that and go to a burger joint and flash your DSi?!? What just happened?

Anyhow, I think it's pretty neat that are starting to go into the bandwagon of supporting stuff that isn't just games. Although the dual camera, is pretty pointless and serves a 10 minute amusement for most people. A lot of the stuff I see featured on the camera are actually scaled down versions of some pretty cool computer graphics techniques. Such as the face combination.
 
Top