The Quiet Earth

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,442
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !

@Farfalla:
Not really, not here anyway. The last family I'll visit, in june, should be able to speak far more fluently. But here they are a bit limited. Crappy choice of order on my part... anyway, it does not matter for now, as one of the three woofers that are here with me for now is a lady from Mexico who can speak english fluently, and she's really nice to interact with. And there also is a nihonjin that can speak, and most importantly, understand, french, so I'm quite lucky at the end of the day. I'm not completely lost in translation as I could have actually been.

Anyway, time for me to hit the bed, if I want to be up to the task tomorrow. ¡Muchos besos a todos!


@xi0: :hee
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Teubier au rapport !

Awesome vid and more important t-shirt! :bmgai I also took the liberty of watching your other video in french, which is also quite funny :amuse Seems you're having fun over there! hope to see more! :bye
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: Teubier au rapport !

It wasnt crappy choice! xD Youre going thru the hardest part first so they next one will be easier. And, youll learn more like this, imo.
And oooooooooooooooooooooooo Teuba is having fun in ****** land with a latina O:
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Teubier au rapport !

****** land? :headscratch



Well it is strange :cookiehand
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,442
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !


Too much to keep up with, here in MH. I don't... I don't have time anymore... :( It does break my heart. :(

I'm just gonna dance all night
I'm all messed up, I'm so out of line
...
So far away but still so near
...
I keep dancing on my own
---------- Post added April 10, 2012 at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was April 07, 2012 at 04:37 PM ----------

Blood Orange - S'cooled

DyE - Fantasy

Kenji Kawai - Nine sisters

Snoop Dogg - Sensual seduction (remix by Skrillex)

Röyksopp - What else is there?
---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

Damn! Why must some american ladies (there has been a new lady from the USA since yesterday here) speak like they are just waking up at each new sentence? How can you feed yourself upon this occupation, if you can't play the note on the score? Seriously... :-_-

But she is still quite pleasant, y tampoco a esta señora mexicana estoy muy agradecido, porque estoy descubriendo música que me encanta mucho. :hee

 
Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Teubier au rapport !

Hey teub, how's the trip coming along?
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,442
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !

Quite nicely, thank you Bob. :^_^ Tomorrow's my day off duty, so hopefully ~if the weather is not atrociously rainy like today~ I'll be able to go chill, and maybe swim, at the Enshu-nada Sea.

Testing a few new beers these days too, so that's great, though those come from the not so nearby convenience store, thus they are still pretty basic.

And I fingered the soil all morning to plant fresh leeks under the rain, so you can bet that I'm already exhausted at lunch break... the earth is so demanding! :faint Though that's all really interesting, as I'm accumulating some nice firsthand knowledge & actual know-how about agriculture, which should be somewhat of use to me a few years from now.

Also, meeting and actually interacting (well, clumsily when it comes to non-english speakers, so most of the nihonjin here -_-;, but still) with people from different part of the world is very nice, very enjoyable. We get somewhat of a foretaste here on MH, but from my viewpoint it is more interesting (and necessary) to be able to feel your interlocutor. On that note, it's a shame that your trip to Liege didn't coincide with mine to Luxembourg (as I came back from it the same day you went there), it would have been cool to meet you in person. :nod We could have ranted irl about how little trust we can put on Farfalla to stand by her own words. :nod Anyway, the new lady here is quite funny, lively, and pretty (in a woman-like manner, not girl-like, which suits my taste perfectly ^^), and also a bit irritating because of the way she speaks english/american as I wrote earlier, but that's endurable. And as I wrote earlier (in spanish) too, I'm enjoying the music discoveries that the mexican lady kindly bestowed upon me yesterday. :verily It sends me back to my spanish roots a tiny bit too, and I love it. :hee

 
Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Teubier au rapport !

Sounds like the weather is as horrible as it's been here in UK for the last couple of days :bored but I hope you get to enjoy your day off tomorrow. The planting of leaks today, was that part of your job or just helping out your host family?

Mariana is not to be trusted, believe me. It'll be months before we see this challenge completed, so you might as well just not think about it :derp

It would've been great to meet you, I doubt it's the last opportunity we'll have to do so. But it would've been hard as I was constantly busy and moving around the whole time I was there :bored

I think I skipped the previous posts with the new lady :o I'll go back and read it! :sweat
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,442
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !

Sounds like the weather is as horrible as it's been here in UK for the last couple of days :bored but I hope you get to enjoy your day off tomorrow. The planting of leaks today, was that part of your job or just helping out your host family?
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking about when I saw how rain poured today, Uk's way of weather. :nod And thanks. Apparently, according to the last news, they foresee something along the lines of mostly sunny for tomorrow, so yeah it should be nice, a good day for me to try to find french wine (Rosé if it's been imported around here) for the incoming day when I'll be 'cooking' them something (thinking about a mint/goat cheese omelette with a mixed salad if it's also a sunny day). :hee

Mariana is not to be trusted, believe me. It'll be months before we see this challenge completed, so you might as well just not think about it :derp
Ahahah indeed, but still my door is all bruised. :(

It would've been great to meet you, I doubt it's the last opportunity we'll have to do so. But it would've been hard as I was constantly busy and moving around the whole time I was there :bored
True, true. :nod And busy is nice sometimes too, no?
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Teubier au rapport !

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking about when I saw how rain poured today, Uk's way of weather. :nod And thanks. Apparently, according to the last news, they foresee something along the lines of mostly sunny for tomorrow, so yeah it should be nice, a good day for me to try to find french wine (Rosé if it's been imported around here) for the incoming day when I'll be 'cooking' them something (thinking about a mint/goat cheese omelette with a mixed salad if it's also a sunny day). :hee
That's nice, show them some french cuisine! :nod I'm sure you should be able to find Rose there, it's not an uncommon type of wine. Today's been okay here in Birmingham weather-wise. Slight cold breeze but remained dry throughout which is always preferable.


Ahahah indeed, but still my door is all bruised. :(
Hohoho


True, true. :nod And busy is nice sometimes too, no?
Well yeah this kind of busy was good, since I spend ages barbequeueing snd eating preparing the meats :tss
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,442
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !

That's nice, show them some french cuisine! :nod I'm sure you should be able to find Rose there, it's not an uncommon type of wine.
Not uncommon maybe, but here french is quite uncommon especially since it's kinda the countryside. But I found one bottle (I mean french Rosé, not something from south american countries, y'know...) that doesn't seem too shabby, called Le Parisien. The name is a joke, but it's from the Gironde, Parempuyre exactly, so while it will not be the best kind of rosé for sure (Côtes-de-Provence), it should be nice.

Today's been okay here in Birmingham weather-wise. Slight cold breeze but remained dry throughout which is always preferable.
I'm sorry to hear that it's still a bit cold, but yeah, dry makes it endurable indeed. :nod

Well yeah this kind of busy was good, since I spend ages barbequeueing and eating preparing the meats :tss
:hee Barbecues! I see pork chops marinades and brochettes! :tss

On another note, today was thoroughly sunny and an utterly awesome day. I'll post some pictures and maybe a vid or two, depending on how drank I am to avoid feeling silly as I post those vids.
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Re: Teubier au rapport !

:zomg .... yeshh let us see some of your vids
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,442
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !

It's pretty easy, I've posted some on youtube already. ^^ They are set to public viewing, so please be my guest (though from today's vids, there is only one where I speak english, and I might not be able to upload it tonight).

Edit : I won't be able to upload it tonight, so it's for tomorrow (in the morning or at lunch break, maybe).
 
Last edited:

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Re: Teubier au rapport !

I understand French too...but I can't really speak it....11 years of studying it went down the drain :arf



I'll have a look when I get home:derp





Edit: C'est luxe clip....is an eye delight..omelet, sashemi, sushi, fish...even kit kat.....I can see you're having a good time :zomg...and enjoying the nice weather and the sea/ocean
 
Last edited:

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,442
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !

I understand French too...but I can't really speak it....11 years of studying it went down the drain :arf
Eleven years ! :blink If it's that much, it seems like it could mean that it wasn't really a choice in the first place, right? Like something imposed to the students by the Middle-High School (then College maybe) system within their cursus? It's really impressive anyway :verily, as french is a stupidly bothersome language to learn. :nod And I'm sure that you are too humble there.

Edit: C'est luxe clip....is an eye delight..omelet, sashemi, sushi, fish...even kit kat.....I can see you're having a good time :zomg...and enjoying the nice weather and the sea/ocean
:hee Indeed, I couldn't have hoped for an :heeer day. Well, the overall ratio of work/delight days is still a bit too high from my perspective, and most importantly, it's organised in a way that it turns out to be very difficult to share some real quality time with both the hosts and the co-woofers, as none of us have a day off in common, and the hosts do not not take any day off themselves. Crazy people! :arf
 
Last edited:

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Re: Teubier au rapport !

It was a compulsory course (elementary school and high school). Started when I was 8.. :oh
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,442
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !


Lame joke aside, I'm deeply sorry that you had to go through that awful course. :oh English compulsory course makes sense, but french... nope, I don't get it.


---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------


---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

So, as written earlier...



 
Last edited by a moderator:

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Re: Teubier au rapport !

I'm kinda jelly after seeing the miscellaneous pics :oh....so wanna be there :bored



Ps: there is nothing to feel sorry about. Learning an additional language is beneficial for one's development. Besides, French is not a terrible. On the contrary, is the language of love :derp. Yet, it did not stick to my brains cos of the resentment I had for my French teacher...he was a creepy guy, who asked us once to clean up a graveyard :oh...of course I skipped the class of the crazy guy who adored Tristan Tzara :oh
 
Last edited:

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,442
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !

I'm kinda jelly after seeing the miscellaneous pics :oh....so wanna be there :bored
Jelly don't please, and so do I. :nod



---------- Post added April 16, 2012 at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was April 14, 2012 at 03:42 PM ----------

Alguien que falta... Anyway...

Amy Holland - Turn out the light

David Bowie - Ashes to ashes
My mother said to get things done,
You'd better not mess with Major Tom


The Killers - When you were young
You don't have to drink right now

Ronald Jenkees - Disorganized fun

Parov Stelar - Booty swing
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top