The RPG Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
can anyone tell me all (or most) of the titles of Star Ocean. i only have the Till the End of time and it's awesome ^^ so i want to find more.

Lady Hatake an advise, try lvling up more when you are low lvl so that you won't have any problems when the story goes on. the monsters on Moonbase (those Seraphims) are nasty and very strong....i hate the spiders T_T especially when they come to me at a party of two, 70% possibility that i will lose that fight for sure o.o
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
ILUVATAR said:
can anyone tell me all (or most) of the titles of Star Ocean. i only have the Till the End of time and it's awesome ^^ so i want to find more.

Lady Hatake an advise, try lvling up more when you are low lvl so that you won't have any problems when the story goes on. the monsters on Moonbase (those Seraphims) are nasty and very strong....i hate the spiders T_T especially when they come to me at a party of two, 70% possibility that i will lose that fight for sure o.o
Try this ^^
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=star+ocean&platform=0
 

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
thanks a lot ^_^ :amuse :woo
 

Venom65437

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I hope you're ready to spend some money if you want them all ILUVATAR....
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
LadyHatake said:
I really want to go back and do Star Ocean again >.> I got to the second disc, and after I left moonbase to go to the door/gate thing, I couldn't beat the bigass monsters there, so I gave up >.> Nwo I'm itching to play again xD
one good strategy here is to actually level up with the spiders.

If my memory serves me correct, Maria should be there with you already? just stay out of the way and blast them to kingdom come to rack up the combos (the yellow bar thingy) till you get the 3x xp reward.

sorry if this is quite outdated or if my information is wrong. I've played SO3:TOT about a year and a half ago so I may not remember it correctly.

but one thing is sure, Maria is your friend if you want to level up early and fast.

anyway, may i promote to you Star Ocean 2. One of the best battle systems for RPG's that I've ever played. Same with SO3 though ^_^


btw, anyone who can suggest a very good game with a good story? not into graphics much.
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
bakashijinsan said:
btw, anyone who can suggest a very good game with a good story? not into graphics much.
Valkyrie Profile and Valkyrie Profile : Silmeria. The first one is one of the most moving game game I ever played, and the story of the second one, if you played the first one, is just insanely awesome.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I was planning to play Valkyrie Profile 2 on PS2 but couldn't find the time. Maybe after dragging myself to finish my FFXII, I'll start with Valkyrie Profile

How about, Xenosaga? does it have a good story? just curious.
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
I only played Xenosaga 1 so far, but if you don't mind 45 minutes long cutscenes ALL THE TIME, it's a great game. Fortunately, you can press start during the cutscenes to take a break^^ It has hours and hours of cutscenes, so the story is very well developed :amuse
 

Musashi Gen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2006
Messages
507
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Hmmm...I like the Valkyrie Profile Lenneth and Silmeria. The story made me shed tears. Also, I like the story and twists in Tales of Symphonia!

If I'm not wrong, I believe that Valkyrie Profile will have a third and final installment!
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Xophien said:
I only played Xenosaga 1 so far, but if you don't mind 45 minutes long cutscenes ALL THE TIME, it's a great game. Fortunately, you can press start during the cutscenes to take a break^^ It has hours and hours of cutscenes, so the story is very well developed :amuse
really? hmmm.... I think it's time to play that xenosaga once again.^_^

Musashi Gen said:
Hmmm...I like the Valkyrie Profile Lenneth and Silmeria. The story made me shed tears. Also, I like the story and twists in Tales of Symphonia!
Is Tales of Symphonia in PS2? Is it like a branched out RPG from Tales of Eternia and Destiny?

Musashi Gen said:
If I'm not wrong, I believe that Valkyrie Profile will have a third and final installment!
I really need to start playing again or I'll be left behind. Sheesh! Is the third installment coming out in PS2 or in PS3? or in any other console for that matter.

actually I'm waiting for Resident Evil 0 to come out on PS2. Or is it coming out on PS2 on any occasion? Please come out! waah!
 

Musashi Gen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2006
Messages
507
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
bakashijinsan said:
Is Tales of Symphonia in PS2?
Yes sirree...It was so popular that it earned high grades by gaming magazines for its real time battle system, Linear Motion Battle System, and the art in GC, a PS2 version was added with new add-ons and few changes of course.

bakashijinsan said:
Is it like a branched out RPG from Tales of Eternia and Destiny?
Hmmm...they say it is a prequel of Tales of Phantasia, the first Tales installment before Eternia and Destiny.

bakashijinsan said:
I really need to start playing again or I'll be left behind. Sheesh! Is the third installment coming out in PS2 or in PS3? or in any other console for that matter.
It's just a hunch or a prediction. The story talks about the three Valkyries...The 1st Valkyrie Profile was about Lenneth, which I totally engrossed and like for the storyline; the 2nd Valkyrie Profile was the prequel of Lenneth and talks about the youngest Valkyrie, Silmeria; and the 3rd and final Valkyrie Profile would talk about the personality of Ahly or Hrist!
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
Musashi Gen said:
It's just a hunch or a prediction. The story talks about the three Valkyries...The 1st Valkyrie Profile was about Lenneth, which I totally engrossed and like for the storyline; the 2nd Valkyrie Profile was the prequel of Lenneth and talks about the youngest Valkyrie, Silmeria; and the 3rd and final Valkyrie Profile would talk about the personality of Ahly or Hrist!
Though I like Hrist a lot (I mean, who could not like her, black armor, black hair, tsundere personality and her japanese seiyuu is Atsuko Tanaka :love), I don't think she'll have her game like the two others. She's too Odin-dependent to be the lead character of her own game, I guess. But I'd still love that if she had her own game... Hrist-sama :luv
 

Musashi Gen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2006
Messages
507
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
From the name of the game itself, Valkyrie Profile...we are talking about the separate personalities of the Valkyries by knowing their personal profiles. On my opinion, she is the most mysterious Valkyrie I know for having such a bad personality...
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
This is something... I have not played Valkyrie Profile in my entire life :(
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
My beloved rpg games are FF series, Baldurs Gate 1 and 2, and action rpg Diablo 2 ^^ There were some more from platform SNES from Square btu i forgot the names, but it was Secret of manga, seiken densestu or something like that. And I liked very much Dragon Quest 5 and 6 ^^
 

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
have you played NeverWinter Nights juUnior? it's quite interesting RPG although his storyline goes confused if you are not carefull ^^;
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
in my opinnion Neverwinter Nigths 2 is more better then Neverwinter Nigths.
Even though Neverwinter Nigths 2 is far from flaw less.
 

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
i have heard from many people that they were disapointed from the graphics at Neverwinter Nights 2 >.> is that true?
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Yeah, I say it is true. You could expect much more from Neverwinter Nights 2 ... Sad but true :sad
 

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
does it have anything to do with the first Neverwinter? i haven't completed it yet and i was wondering that if the storyline continues then i should finish the first before getting my hands on the second >.>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top