Kakashi919,
are you playing Lufia 2 for the first time, or is it an old game you played many times before and you're just revisiting it?
(Lufia 2 is one of THEE BEST RPGs of all time, perfect at every aspect! hehe)
------------------------
I've seen Harvest Moon, but I don't think I've ever tried it yet, if my memory serves me.
(I might try playing it though, as it does sound fun, with lots of developmental non-guy-fighting/adventuring stuff, which I enjoy as well as the guy-fighting/adventuring stuff too, hehe. I like developing/growing/building stuff as much as the adventuring/questing/fighting in RPGs, I love both, and that's why I love RPGs, hehe)
(are you talking about the original, I think I saw it as a NES/SNES game, but I think they made later ones for the newer consoles too?)
---------------------
I really like EVO: Search for Eden for the SNES
you start as a fish, and as you eat/kill stuff, you get points and you can upgrade your fish, making a lot of cool/cute/weird designs (and of course they have different powers and stats and stuff).
than when you beat the Age of fish, you do the age of amphibeans, than of reptiles/dinosaurs/birds/dragons, than of mammals/humans(secret class)/mermaid(secret class). oh, and there's aliens... if you can find them, hehe
(the first age, of fish, is the most limited but its also like a tutorial too, but each new age, you get a much greater variety in animal designs/choices)
It's a really awesome game! though its an action-RPG, but it's a lot of fun, especially making your animal, hehe
And you get a bit of history of life as well, while not completely accurate obviously, it does has some general stuff decently right. (and you learn a lot of science-animal words-terms, lol)
but, it'll make you a believer of evolution, lol. so if you're extremely religious and believe in creationism, you probably won't like it, lol.
(oh, and it has a really good story/plot, and VERY emotional too, some really sad scenes... sniffle)
-----------------------
Breath of Fire 2 for the SNES
while it is mainly a traditional RPG, there is a town building aspect of it, which is pretty fun.
Breath of Fire 3 for the PS1
it takes this even further, with a job-like system, and fairies who build stuff for you (it's been a long time since I played this, so my memory is a bit hazy on this)