Games The RPG thread

cearon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
384
Reaction score
88
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
well i cant say these will work for the 5th ann. version since i have game of the year edition i uesd,

unofficial patch: almost fixes every bug in the game

deadly reflex: makes combat easier

Midas Magic Spells of Aurum: more like a DLC than a mod, has new quests spells and if i recall correctly turns eemies to gold

DarNified UI: makes things better especially in HUD.

Oscuro’s Oblivion Overhaul: this makes battles more relatable. it give you the ability to tweak areas level and new items and monsters...

there r many more but most r either aesthetic or not so essential for me. (these r the top of my head... since i got bored with skyrim and returned to oblivion. :) )
 

g0dzax

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Messages
639
Reaction score
195
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Well,the best site for getting all the mods would be : http://oblivion.nexusmods.com .Just make an account there and you'll be able to download everything you want.Use the files bar up to go to top files,which are usually the most downloaded & appreciated mods.If anything,I'd recommend first installing the Oblivion Mod Manager(or something like that) to manage your mods properly.The OBSE (oblivion script extender) is also a must for many mods.My advise would be when choosing a mod,to read it's description all the way,so you can see if it requires other mods or if it is incompatible with other mods.


I'd recommend the Natural Environments , the Oblivion Unoficial Patch(fixex a HUGE load of bugs & other stuff,though I personally didn't install it thinking it would conflict with the official patches,later I found out that there is no risk though you may want to read it's description) , Midas Magic Spells of Aurum (adds a huge load of spells and quests and modifies the magic system a bit )...and there are many others,just search on the site above :) .


I'm thinking of buying the Witcher 2 (maybe I'll find some editions to it ) or another RPG though I simply can not decide which one.It's more like a Christmas gift to myself lol,just so I can spend my free time in a good RPG that will hook me up.Besides The Witcher 2 I can not even think of another,Skyrim goes out of the question (I'm more for atmosphere than just a huge open world,though don't get me wrong,Skyrim was awesome)and then...my mind is blank.Any suggestions ?
 
Last edited:

cearon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
384
Reaction score
88
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
well witcher 2 is great. if you want mood, i will go with Deus Ex:Human Revolution. it is a prequel to the original Deus Ex.
not exactly RPG but more in the vein of Ass.Creed Dishonored. has a very good story, i wished its RPG genes had been more tuned but the game itself is awesome.
I didnt played the PC version but the PS3 Dark Souls. It is immensely hard and well was great for me.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Seeing all of these reviews for Persona 4 Golden is making me so excited :wtf
It's a great game, I bought it several days ago, and it does not disappoint. I never play the Persona 4 before, and I really enjoy it. The problem I have with the game is only the micromanaging aspect of the daily life, since it is quite difficult for me to allocate some time for leveling and increasing social links if you don't have a plan.

Bottom line : It's a game really worth buying, and if you have to buy Vita only to play this game, I guess that Vita would be worth your money.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC is out...and the spears...such excitement is unparalleled...:fail
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It's a great game, I bought it several days ago, and it does not disappoint. I never play the Persona 4 before, and I really enjoy it. The problem I have with the game is only the micromanaging aspect of the daily life, since it is quite difficult for me to allocate some time for leveling and increasing social links if you don't have a plan.

Bottom line : It's a game really worth buying, and if you have to buy Vita only to play this game, I guess that Vita would be worth your money.
Where are you at in the game? I just saved Kanji.

:offtopic I can PM you my PSN ID if you want. ^^
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Where are you at in the game? I just saved Kanji.

:offtopic I can PM you my PSN ID if you want. ^^
I'm just finished saving Rise and Teddie. The most difficult part is yet to come for you. :p

:offtopic sure! :)
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah, I figured. I watched MasterLL's gameplay on yt so I somewhat know what to expect. Right now I'm Level 29 though I probably will level grind a bit before challenging them.

---------- Post added December 05, 2012 at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was December 04, 2012 at 06:23 PM ----------

Oh I almost forgot but the demo for Ni no Kuni is out on PSN.

---------- Post added December 07, 2012 at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was December 05, 2012 at 07:10 PM ----------

Sweet! It looks like Devil Survivor 2 may or may not have a Overclocked [video]http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/07/wait-a-second-atlus-is-teasing-another-devil-survivor-2-project/[/video]. ^^

However, it will have an anime adaptation which will air in April next year.

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Far Cry 3 sux.
skills and xp? that is not enough to reach RPG level.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,854
Reaction score
23,524
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Far Cry 3 sux.
skills and xp? that is not enough to reach RPG level.
I'm enjoying it. It's basically "Rambo the game" where you run around to avenging and rescuing the main characters friends. All the while free roaming around and killing tons, and tons, and TONS of pirates.

It's kind of a shame that the story....isn't very good. I'm nowhere near beating it yet but so far it just feels like nothing comes together on the narrative front. The decision to make all the local characters crazy was highly questionable. Clearly, whoever wrote this thing LOVED the movie "Apocalypse Now". Personally, I would have preferred they focused on more on few more sympathetic characters which would at the very least create a sense of contrast.

Instead, it just keeps going through crazy characters you just want to kill; if only to make them finally shut up. Which is probably the point. Since the game seems to want to be about a good intentioned main character slowly drifting onto the darker side of the moral spectrum.

I think that was a bit of a missed opportunity. If it had given you a little more choice about "who you fight for" and "why you fight for them" I think it could have been really good.
 
Last edited:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
The only good thing left in all new RPG games is the fact that you can make your own decisions and choose between different paths. If you take that away from an open world game, the only thing left is the shooting and that will make it just another FPS.

Personally, I find Far Cry 3 repetitive and has an extremely low replay value. I also hated the main character (your typical wuss in the woods). As you mentioned, they tried to make a story where someone drifts from a normal life to a twisted one with his own free will. They also tried to tell us that harsh experiences can change people's hearts ... etc. But it was executed poorly.

I have no complaints about the graphics and the game-play, except for some minor terrain glitches... I think I'm at 80% or 90%. So, I might change my mind if there's a big twist waiting at the end.

So far the best part in the game is when you listen to the pirates dialogues and hear this "it hurts like a motha when I piss, I shoul've used the rubba" :lmao
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,854
Reaction score
23,524
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The only good thing left in all new RPG games is the fact that you can make your own decisions and choose between different paths. If you take that away from an open world game, the only thing left is the shooting and that will make it just another FPS.

Personally, I find Far Cry 3 repetitive and has an extremely low replay value. I also hated the main character (your typical wuss in the woods). As you mentioned, they tried to make a story where someone drifts from a normal life to a twisted one with his own free will. They also tried to tell us that harsh experiences can change people's hearts ... etc. But it was executed poorly.

I have no complaints about the graphics and the game-play, except for some minor terrain glitches... I think I'm at 80% or 90%. So, I might change my mind if there's a big twist waiting at the end.

So far the best part in the game is when you listen to the pirates dialogues and hear this "it hurts like a motha when I piss, I shoul've used the rubba" :lmao
That's fair.

Though I have taken a lot of joy from the crisp stealth mechanics and how smooth the gameplay is. It definitely is more of a shooter than it is an RPG all things considered. The real fun though is the exploring, hunting, taking outposts, knife assassination missions. The story missions are basically crap.

I guess, I haven't found it as repetitive as you though. I was always pretty pleased with the variety of things you can do and differing environments you can do them in. My only real complaint is the story and the characters which are just not very good.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Some more info on Dark Soul II has been posted.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
^ The part that makes me nervous was the fact they want the story to be less subtle. That was one of the best part of Dark Souls imo

More Dark Soul II info is up
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,854
Reaction score
23,524
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not really sure what to think.

I mean, Dark Souls had a pretty specific appeal. The mystery and the subtlety were a huge part of it. So I'm not entirely sure it's possible to broaden the appeal in they way these details seem to indicate they intend without losing much of that. I'm of the mind that a Dark Souls experience should be dark, quiet, and solitary. You feel very much like your are exploring a dangerous world by yourself, on your own terms, and the fun is in conquering it.

It's one of those rare games where I think more story and stronger characters would be a disservice. I think it could still be a fun game and maybe even a great RPG, but it won't be "like Dark Souls".

------------------------------------------

Something I'll be keeping an eye on is the online aspect. Part of the fun of Dark Souls was that other players were strangers with whom you mostly communicated through actions. I'd hate to see that change.

Much like in Journey that sense of unknown really made it seem special.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
They seek more money and a larger audience to make MORE CASH. It's a shame. The Souls games have a special place in my heart. I don't think that this one is going to be one of them.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Some more concepts of Dark Souls II have been posted

---------- Post added January 02, 2013 at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was December 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM ----------

Some more Dark Souls II info:

- The world will be slightly larger though it won't be an open world (my brother thinks it'll be like Demon's Souls)
- There will be a game server
- No weapon or item DLCs
- They want to stay true to the original game but makes upgrades to it
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
...Another RPG'er here, since tbh, I only play RPG games...I don't like any other kind of games.

But again, judging from the comments here, guess I probably won't be able to stand in all that much, taken that I only play JRPG...in original Japanese only. Not to mention, I'm mainstreamed specifically on Tales series (currently am playing Tales of Xillia 2 and Tales of Innocence R, which of both are still Japanese only...Tales of Xillia 2 is awesome so far though...except for the fact that the protagonist is too silent, while judging from most of the choices we're given, he should be able to talk a lot more than this...but with this, he's even more silent than a certain protagonist of a game in this series who's known for being a quiet character yet can always endlessly scream a name of his loved one. Other than that, at least it feels better than its prequel for me. Tales of Xillia...wasn't all that much story-wise really, but Tales of Xillia 2 just has a lot better touch than it. As for Tales of Innocence R...nothing much really. I played the original one, and actually didn't really like it. Bought PSV just for P4G, so I figured I'll grab this one as well...but so far, it doesn't really impress me all that much. ._."), and only occasionally jump to other series...like Final Fantasy (XIII sucks so bad I don't want to buy its sequel though...I didn't even complete XIII yet) and Persona (In love with Persona 4. Got Golden. Played it. Cleared it. Currently on second playthrough to max out all the social links, since I completely missed Mary's and Adachi's S.link in my first one...-_-")
 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,854
Reaction score
23,524
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
...Another RPG'er here, since tbh, I only play RPG games...I don't like any other kind of games.

But again, judging from the comments here, guess I probably won't be able to stand in all that much, taken that I only play JRPG...in original Japanese only. Not to mention, I'm mainstreamed specifically on Tales series (currently am playing Tales of Xillia 2 and Tales of Innocence R, which of both are still Japanese only...Tales of Xillia 2 is awesome so far though...except for the fact that the protagonist is too silent, while judging from most of the choices we're given, he should be able to talk a lot more than this...but with this, he's even more silent than a certain protagonist of a game in this series who's known for being a quiet character yet can always endlessly scream a name of his loved one. Other than that, at least it feels better than its prequel for me. Tales of Xillia...wasn't all that much story-wise really, but Tales of Xillia 2 just has a lot better touch than it. As for Tales of Innocence R...nothing much really. I played the original one, and actually didn't really like it. Bought PSV just for P4G, so I figured I'll grab this one as well...but so far, it doesn't really impress me all that much. ._."), and only occasionally jump to other series...like Final Fantasy (XIII sucks so bad I don't want to buy its sequel though...I didn't even complete XIII yet) and Persona (In love with Persona 4. Got Golden. Played it. Cleared it. Currently on second playthrough to max out all the social links, since I completely missed Mary's and Adachi's S.link in my first one...-_-")
I'm so jealous of your ability to play understand Japanese and play those games.

Have you played Valkyrie Chronicles 3 by chance. I'm dying to play that game but Sega just won't let me.(Localize it you bastards!:shakefist)
 
Top