Anyone here has played Bravely Default? I have it ordered already, but judging from early part of youtubers, I couldn't tell if it is a good game or not.
It's an awesome game. Like Riki, I've heard a lot about how it's a grind in the later parts. Somewhat absurdly so, but from what I've played so far (I'm around halfway through to Chapter 2, I think). It's the best classic style JRPG I've played in quite a while. I'd rank it above Ni No Kuni.
The only RPG type game I liked more was Fire Emblem Awakening but that's more of an SRPG, so it's a little bit of an apples to oranges comparison.
Started Ni no Kuni but put it on break, the beginning to all jrpgs is always so slow with the battle system and such basic battles, will start it up in a bit or either after I get through a non rpg game. I love the voice acting and story. Music sounds movie quality.
X can't come out fast enough. I hope that at E3 we get a bit more insight into the game, as the latest only showed some short gameplay. We don't even know what the setting is, or even the faces of the characters.
Oh, and the mechs makes me squeal every time is see one. All I'm thinking the reason for the lack of information, is that the developers are simply just having fun playing the game, but can we really blame them?
Looks like the big announcement was Persona 4: Golden anime:
Looks like Marie will be in the show now though I wonder how they are going include her. Maybe it takes place after the event in the first series when Yu came back to visit them?
Started Dragon Age Origins, but Im using so many guides for it, so much reading just to start out building a mage. Anyway spent two hours yesterday to start the Harrowing hopefully get farther today now that Im all set. Love the reading material in game, such a well thought out world.
Started Dragon Age Origins, but Im using so many guides for it, so much reading just to start out building a mage. Anyway spent two hours yesterday to start the Harrowing hopefully get farther today now that Im all set. Love the reading material in game, such a well thought out world.
Never played as a mage, only assassin/duelist. To me in most WRPGs, assassins are the more difficult to play through the game with,so I always go the thief/rogue/assassin route. In Origins the spell combinations were very useful...it's one of the things that should have been built on in DA2 but they removed it.
I just recently finished The Witcher 2. It's been a long road for me beating that game.
Even though I had actually bought it on day one, at first my graphics card wasn't good enough and I didn't really like the combat anyway, so I set it aside. Then later I tried it again after the Enhanced version came out and had I heard they fixed broken blocking system. Was enjoying myself a bit but my computed died and I lost the save. Third time was the charm though.
Still can't say I loved the combat. Especially when your dealing with multiple enemies, and I ended up really wishing for access to more magic. It's such a tease the way the mages can do tons of cool stuff and you don't have access to any of it. I found Igni and Aard underpowered and fairly useless. Axii too situational to help in most fights. Quen was ok but usually not worth the vigor; yet somehow when the enemy mages use it's an absolute defense. Yrden was the only spell I really liked using.
Liked the story though.
I went the Iorveth path and then saved Saskia. And it made me pretty interested in what the Witcher 3 could be like.
A barrier for me really getting into the Witcher series has been that I really don't like a lot of the characters. Like Triss and Dandelion, I'm just wasn't that interested in them. But toward the end the Witcher 2 I got a dose of characters a liked a lot better. I've always liked Zoltan and his friends were all great. Then there was Saskia, Cynthia, even Iorveth and Roach started getting traction with me. Even the lodge Witches, despite their pseudo villain status were characters I wouldn't mind seeing more of. I hope most of those will end up in the sequel.
i recently played Bravely Default and that was pretty good; my 3DS needs more RPGs other than Pokemon :P
i bought FFX-remaster for PS Vita too but while it was "remastered" rather well and the graphics looked good despite it being a 10-yr old game, i couldn't really get into it because i wasn't as motivated as when i first played this game when it was first released.
now, i'm waiting for FF 15. it's been like what, 7-8 freaking years since it's been announced; im really hyped up for it, but it has just been wayyyy too looong
oh and im waiting for Persona 5 too of course. i probably wouldn't get Persona Q because i don't really like first-person RPGs (i don't like first-person shooters either), but i loooved Persona 3 and 4. in fact, i beat persona 4 twice on ps2 and psvita.
Man, the E3 dragon combat demo for Dragon Age Inquisition is pretty much exactly what I was afraid of. I truly hope only dragon combat is like that because if it's not they are going full bore action RPG. It actually just looks like they tried to rip off Dragon's Dogma. And as much as I love Dragon's Dogma, that is a terrible idea for Dragon Age.
Supposedly, there is still some RTS interface you can choose and I'm pinning a lot of hopes on that being something that's usable and not just tacked on.
Alrighty got back into Dragon Age Origins though still at the beginnng in the fade, such great VA.
Visuals didnt stand the test of time though, it was shocking going from ps4 visuals back to this 2009 era visual game. And the game performance feels janky at times on my console
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.