- Joined
- Mar 22, 2012
- Messages
- 5,762
- Reaction score
- 1,701
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Lords of the Fallen looks promising. Might buy the PC version if there's any.
That's about the same way I feel about it.Well, after the disaster DA2 was, I was really skeptical about DA3. But after watching the 30min gameplay video (available on youtube) I can say that the mechanics alone, are enough to make me get the game.
I'm keeping expectations low. It's really safer that way.
That's true. I agree completely.That's about the same way I feel about it.
Except, after watching tons of previews and such, I'd say my expectations aren't low exactly. It's just that I expect it to be an entirely different sort of game than Dragon Age Origins. That game was the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate and Kotor and just don't think Inquisition is "that" game. It looks like the strategic view will allow for some of that but at it's core it really looks to me like an action rpg. Sort of like an improved Mass Effect adapted for swords and magic.
Which, while not exactly what I was hoping for, should at least still be pretty enjoyable.
Hopefully, Inquisition will turn out like that.That's true. I agree completely.
According to my experience with this franchise, the difficulty level is what determines what type of game you are playing.
If you play on nightmare, you HAVE TO pause and use the strategic view which makes it more enjoyable and a little similar to the old RPG gems.
If you play on a lower difficulty level, it's just another action RPG with a good story.
I heard something about the Grey Warden's son and Morrigan. But I'm not sue if that's true. It would be great to see what became of everyone after DA:Origins.Hopefully, Inquisition will turn out like that.
I also hope the characters are better than they sound. To be honest, the new companions I've read about so far sound like a bit of a mixed bag. Cassandra and Verric from DA:2 should be good. Iron Bull also sounds cool. The rest I find it hard to get excited about. Hopefully, actually seeing them in action will change my perspective on that. Because if there's one thing I want to this game to do well it's the characters.


Yeah, I've been playing it. I'm absolutely loving it too. The X-Com meets Fallout 3 gameplay has me hooked.Anyone started Wasteland 2 ? It looks promising from the first 30min I played.