The toybox

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Vegemite is a spread, it tastes like beer. I think we have it as kids to prepare us for beer drinking.

There isn't a national dish, but if I had to guess it would be a sunday roast, which is very British. Lamb, beef or chicken roast. Otherwise it'd be a meat pie or fish n chips lol.
Sounds tasty. I might study in Australia in a couple years so I'll do research :swoon
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Fucken yay mate, shit's good. Get the national dish, the meat pie, down ya
Now I want it. :emobirb
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I know my friend @Seven777 is Aussie. Would you agree with the statements above?
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,778
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
With bacon and cheese? I leave bakery's without that option.
Meat Pie is a meat pie, if you want bacon and cheese to float your boat that's okay too. Good ol' meat pie is a classic though. Also fond of the egg and bacon pie too.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,151
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Vegemite is a spread, it tastes like beer. I think we have it as kids to prepare us for beer drinking.

There isn't a national dish, but if I had to guess it would be a sunday roast, which is very British. Lamb, beef or chicken roast. Otherwise it'd be a meat pie or fish n chips lol.
Oh is that like this , right ?


I thought it was a british thing, its tasty ( a lot salty though, lol ) i usually eat it on toasts/or sandwiches with cheese, it works well imo.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Oh is that like this , right ?


I thought it was a british thing, its tasty ( a lot salty though, lol ) i usually eat it on toasts/or sandwiches with cheese, it works well imo.
Yep just like that.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
Now I want it. :emobirb
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I know my friend @Seven777 is Aussie. Would you agree with the statements above?
Yeah, we do alright. Pavlova is a fantastic Australian made dessert, nothin like having a good pav after a Christmas dinner.

As for Vegemite, I wouldn't get your hopes up, it's an acquired taste. Foreigners have a hard time with it.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah, we do alright. Pavlova is a fantastic Australian made dessert, nothin like having a good pav after a Christmas dinner.

As for Vegemite, I wouldn't get your hopes up, it's an acquired taste. Foreigners have a hard time with it.
Forget Vegemite, I'm talking about the beef roast.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
Forget Vegemite, I'm talking about the beef roast.
I love a good roast. These days you can just head down to woolies and grab a pre seasoned one, nice and easy.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I love a good roast. These days you can just head down to woolies and grab a pre seasoned one, nice and easy.
Lol I'm catching the next flight. See you soon:hee
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,964
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
whats with the chicken burger? :lmao
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
whats with the chicken burger? :lmao
If you're referring to last night's "dinner", it was bad. They put too much salt on it and the salad/cheese part was not fresh. The bread was ok tho.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,964
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
If you're referring to last night's "dinner", it was bad. They put too much salt on it and the salad/cheese part was not fresh. The bread was ok tho.
yea that one in what did you eat today thread. yikes, i dont like salty or too sweet food. 🤢 almost plain is better. 😌
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
yea that one in what did you eat today thread. yikes, i dont like salty or too sweet food. 🤢 almost plain is better. 😌
Spicy ftw
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
of course. i like spicy too :hee
If it makes me cry, then it's amazing. You're Indonesian right? I don't mean to get off topic but I know thw food there can be really spicy.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,964
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
If it makes me cry, then it's amazing. You're Indonesian right? I don't mean to get off topic but I know thw food there can be really spicy.
feel free to discuss anything here. it's not a manga section :nod
yes I am. true, even spicy food from India, Thai, or Korea can't beat ours. but unfortunately while I like spicy food, I have to know my limits (acid reflux thingy :emocat ). used to like super spicy foods but now i like the medium ones, or below
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
feel free to discuss anything here. it's not a manga section :nod
yes I am. true, even spicy food from India, Thai, or Korea can't beat ours. but unfortunately while I like spicy food, I have to know my limits (acid reflux thingy :emocat ). used to like super spicy foods but now i like the medium ones, or below
Ah that sucks. There's a couple Indonesian restaurants where I am and let me tell you, I forgot my name by the end of it it was so spicy. But also very tasty.
 
Top