Games The Zelda Thread!

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Ganondorf's Costumes Trailer:

In NA, the OoT costume set is an exclusive at Gamestop.

Adventure Mode OP:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Woohooo, there is a non-fabio version of ganondorf! And those swords do kinda look like the ones in melee (well the end is kinda similar at least lol). All that is left is nabooro now. Seriously nintendo, wth.
 

ArtIristic

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2014
Messages
219
Reaction score
109
Gender
Female
Country
Denmark
I don't think they're gonna reveal any more characters and stages. The Gamecity site has filled out its roster, and it seems Ganondorf was the very last one to be added.
I'm rather astonished that Tingle wasn't revealed as a character, but I guess they could add him in as a future DLC. Nabooru didn't seem to have made the cut, and probably never will. Also, Wind Waker characters were completely left out from the game (The baton is not a character in my book).
I really wanted Tetra in there. Even in Smash Bros she didn't make it.

But hey, if you squint your eyes really hard and mute the TV, you could imagine that Ganondorf is a really buff Nabooru. I guess that could kinda work...
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Zant's gameplay:

---------- Post added August 13, 2014 at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was August 12, 2014 at 01:39 PM ----------

Man, those Cuccos mean serious business :XD

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

The game is out in Japan so some videos are out.


---------- Post added August 14, 2014 at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was August 13, 2014 at 07:23 PM ----------

Ghirahim's gameplay:

Koei Temco states that they plan long-term updates for the game

---------- Post added August 18, 2014 at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was August 14, 2014 at 09:12 AM ----------

Pics from the artbook are now up! There is also a relationship chart too. Warning: there are some spoilers so beware!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ArtIristic

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2014
Messages
219
Reaction score
109
Gender
Female
Country
Denmark
Majoras Mask lovers are in for a surprise in Hyrule Warriors. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=897035
I'm betting it's either Tingle or Romani.
Skull Kid, Fierce Diety? Pft.. :cheez

The Mask Salesman? :verily

We'll know soon, as the DLCs will launch on September 30th.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
So whats the word on hyrule warriors? is it worth it?
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Well, my copy JUST shipped today. Not impressed. I pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors from Amazon so that I could get the free Twilight Princess DLC, and just got an email saying it shipped and will be here on the 3rd or 4th.

When I pre-ordered my Zelda Wii U from Target, that shit was on my doorstep the say it came out.

I doubt I'll pre-order games from Amazon again. Yikes.

I'll let you know how it is when I get a chance to play it though!!
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Oh, I got the game yesterday though I haven't played it yet. Here is Siliconera's review of the game though.

Here is some DLC info
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Sooooo let me start out by saying this game will not be winning any awards. That isn't to say I'm not enjoying it.

Pros:
The co-op is a total blast. One player is on the game-pad, one on the screen.
The attacks are really cool-looking and they're pretty diverse.
It's a total power-trip, although there are a few challenges here and there.
HD looks lovely and the art style is pleasing
ZELDA!!
Playing as other Zelda characters (other than what you're provided in Super Smash Brothers) is a major plus. CANNOT WAIT UNTIL GHIRAHIM!

Cons:
Story-line is meh at best (so far).
I get some minor lag whilst using co-op mode. Not sure if that's a game or console problem though.
It's pretty difficult to read the onslaught of warnings/mission parameters/character dialog etc while also trying to kill enemies.
I played with a friend who's had other Dynasty Warrior games and he said it doesn't bring too many new things to the table.


I'll let you know my overall opinion after beating the game though.
 

ArtIristic

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2014
Messages
219
Reaction score
109
Gender
Female
Country
Denmark
I also got Hyrule Warriors and it's a blast. Got it a few days ago, and I'm still not sick of mowing down enemies.
If you guys are gonna buy Hyrule Warriors then you have to know that Adventure Mode takes up 75% of the game.

And it ain't easy either. I've unlocked more than half of the map. Some of the maps were pretty fun and challenging, and others were plain annoying with the 'Kill as many enemies under a time limit.'

The camera isn't the best either, as I find it rather close but that could just be me. Now the targeting system is pretty frustrating. It locks on to enemies that a either most important or the closest.
There are these Deku Babas that has a poison field around them and you can only kill them with a bow and arrow, but if there are other enemies nearby then the targeting system will throw you off course as it didn't target the enemy you wanted.

Even with those flaws, the game is pretty fun and it's a joy if you're someone who enjoys getting everything in a game.
The characters you unlock are also really fun to play with. Lana is great for clearing crowds, and Sheik is a plain game breaker.
Also, the music is great. My favorites so far are Eclipse of Sun and Silent Guardians.

If you don't like repetitive gameplay with tough challenges then you're not gonna like this game, but if that's your cup of tea, go right ahead.
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Gonna think about it.... Next time I am at the US I going to do some serious thinking about getting the Wii U just for the game. Perhpas when the actual zelda is out, and I get this game along with MK8.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
You know there's DLC for MarioKart 8 and it's so you can race as Link and play in a special Zelda-themed Cup, right? I downloaded it, but haven't played it yet. Saving it for our next Blaze-It Monday! c:

And I've played Hyrule Warriors a little more now and have a couple things to add.

Artlristic is right, Adventure Mode does contruct most of the game, although there are several things to be found in the Campaign as well. Adventure Mode is quite challenging at times, and for some of them I flat-out cannot complete them unless I use co-op. Hella fun though!

I've finished the enitre "Legend Mode" / campaign and thought the cut scenes were pretty cool. I'm still not a fan of the actual plotline, which is something new for me. I don't think I've ever NOT enjoyed the plot line in a Zelda game before. This isn't cannon, however, so I guess it's not a big deal.

The music... I have to say that I was severely disappointed with this soundtrack. WAY too much electric guitar. I prefer symphonic music in Zelda (Skyward Sword is a perfect game soundtrack and Twilight Princess did well too). Too rock-sounding for me in this game.

I UNLOCKED GHIRAHIM HOLY SHIT WORTH $60 RIGHT THERE.

As of right now, I don't plan on buying the DLC, but I'm not entirely opposed to it either. I can't even get my free Twilight Princess Zelda/Link costume DLC to work properly, so...I'll let you know if I get anymore DLC in the future and if it's worth it.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Majora's Mask 3DS remake is coming in Spring 2015:

Europe will have a special edition:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope Majoras Mask is easier and objective based than Ocarina of Time 3d was. As my first Zelda game I played alone it was rather challenging and difficult because it told us so little. There was also little to no story. Will get Majoras Mask since it seems to be the sequel but Im hoping it improved.
 

ArtIristic

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2014
Messages
219
Reaction score
109
Gender
Female
Country
Denmark
Yeah, Ocarina of Time isn't exactly very heavy on story, which is sad as I find some of the lore rather interesting. The Well of 3 features, and the Shadow Temple could really have needed some more back story. Though what little they show, does spark a lot of internet discussion.
Like "Who's Bongo Bongo? What happened to the graveyard kid? And why does the Postman always win the race?"

I have never played Majoras Mask though, but I've watched an LP of it, and the story was certainly a lot more heavy and moody.
It's story actually makes you wanna care about the people. Also, the dungeons should be more difficult than OOT's dungeons.
Can't say how they fare against the Master Quest dungeons though. I see them more as romhacks than actual dungeons.

Jabu Jabu's Belly was really freaking trippy. Don't know what they had to smoke to come up with that stuff.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The Majora's Mask will now include fishing among other things.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
From what I recall there actually was a decent bit of plot in ocarina of time.. perhaps we are talking about different things? Well, the game was clearly not exceptionally heavy in the department but they gave you enough story to know where to go and you generally had a decent idea of what you had to do. Majora's mask is darker more than anything, every aspect of the plot and characters ends up being tragic. Its a fantastic game....
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Man At Arms replicated the Fierce Deity Sword from Majora's Mask:

---------- Post added December 02, 2014 at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was November 26, 2014 at 08:10 AM ----------

New tour dates for The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses are now up

---------- Post added December 06, 2014 at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was December 02, 2014 at 07:01 PM ----------

A preview of the new Zelda game was on last night's The Game Awards:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Wow! Zelda for Wii U looks fantastic and the overworld looks huge, which is freaking awesome!
I'm so looking forward to playing this game! :D
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Wow, that looks really good, I am excited.... Must resist... the urge... to buy... wii u.... until the game is out at least.
 
Top