Games The Zelda Thread!

ArtIristic

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2014
Messages
219
Reaction score
109
Gender
Female
Country
Denmark
I finally caved in and bought the Season pass for Hyrule Warriors.
Me and repetitiveness are close friends indeed.

So the Master Quest gives you Epona and the Master Quest map which is much more difficult.
It also comes with The Guardian of Time costumes for Lana and Cia. They're pretty sweet, and it finally made it bearable for me to use Cia. I just didn't like her original costume. I hated the dark purple.

The Twilight Pack has True Midna as a playable character who is so awesome to play as. Her attacks have a really good range and her special attack is really awesome looking.
And it gives Zelda the dominion rod as a weapon. To think they would make what was nothing more than an over glorified stick PS move controller into an actual offensive weapon.
It's a fun weapon, but it's made more for crowd control than for bosses. Hitting a specific target with a statue is rather wonky, but the stick itself does damage.

Also the Twilight Princess Map is even more difficult than the Master Quest one. Ugh.

I wonder what the two new characters in the new pack will be? I'm thinking either Tingle & Majora, or Din & Farore. (Really hoping for the latter)
 

ArtIristic

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2014
Messages
219
Reaction score
109
Gender
Female
Country
Denmark
Oh man, apparently Nintendo and Netflix are making a live-action TV series. :XD
If they really are collaborating with Nintendo, the script is probably gonna be nothing more than grunts and the occasional syllable.
...Hell, I'd watch it.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,397
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hyrule Warriors for 3DS with Tetra and King as additional characters.





ANN
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I just found out there is a hero mode available for wii u wind waker... I want this :(

I WANT HERO MODES FOR EVERYTHING DAMMIT!
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
I've never played FS and Fours Swords adventures, so this one could totally be a hit for me. :)
I'm glad that there's a solo player mode for, unfortunately, I don't personally know anyone who plays Zelda.
Either way, it looks like it will be a funny game to play. :D
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
A Zelda 3DS XL system is currently available at Gamestop. Get it while it lasts before the scalpers buy them all. >.>
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I've never played FS and Fours Swords adventures, so this one could totally be a hit for me. :)
I'm glad that there's a solo player mode for, unfortunately, I don't personally know anyone who plays Zelda.
Either way, it looks like it will be a funny game to play. :D
You know me! And I will most certainly be getting this game! :nod

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Oh, the new Zelda Wii U game will take ideas from Hyrule Warriors.
I don't know how I feel about this, but please let it mean QUEEN Zelda! *_*

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

I just found out there is a hero mode available for wii u wind waker... I want this :(

I WANT HERO MODES FOR EVERYTHING DAMMIT!
Well, this game is fucking gorgeous. If you have a Wii U and love Win Waker, I would 100% recommend it.

After playing WW HD, I get really annoyed when remakes are released on the 3DS. :sweat Why do that when WW HD was so wonderful to behold?? :arf
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, this game is fucking gorgeous. If you have a Wii U and love Win Waker, I would 100% recommend it.

After playing WW HD, I get really annoyed when remakes are released on the 3DS. :sweat Why do that when WW HD was so wonderful to behold?? :arf
I don't own a wii u yet... I was thinking of buying it when the next zelda comes out. It wouldn't be bad to get it WWHD as well.

What's wrong with the 3ds remakes? I have seen the Majoras one and it looks respectable. Obviously its for a handheld device so its not as good as WW but it still looks decent...
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
What's wrong with the 3ds remakes? I have seen the Majoras one and it looks respectable. Obviously its for a handheld device so its not as good as WW but it still looks decent...
...Well.

Time for me to put my foot in my mouth. I just bought Majora's Mask 3D and I'm so thoroughly impressed. I mean, it's not HD and it's not as flawlessly beautiful as Wind Waker HD, but. Fuuuuuuuuuck man. This game looks so good. I'm catching so many things I barely noticed in the original.

I stand corrected!
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
More details about Toon Link (Hyrule Warriors: Legends)
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
...Well.

Time for me to put my foot in my mouth. I just bought Majora's Mask 3D and I'm so thoroughly impressed. I mean, it's not HD and it's not as flawlessly beautiful as Wind Waker HD, but. Fuuuuuuuuuck man. This game looks so good. I'm catching so many things I barely noticed in the original.

I stand corrected!
You bought it even though you had no expectations of the game whatsoever? You are making me feel a tad bad that I haven't played a single zelda game this year lol. Then again zelda u is bound to december so there is still hope. Are there are major differences between the 3ds majora and the original? I played it for a few minutes but thats it...
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Uhh... hate to tell you this then, but Zelda Wii U got delayed until next year. :sweatbunny
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
You bought it even though you had no expectations of the game whatsoever? You are making me feel a tad bad that I haven't played a single zelda game this year lol. Then again zelda u is bound to december so there is still hope. Are there are major differences between the 3ds majora and the original? I played it for a few minutes but thats it...
I wouldn't say I had "no expectations" -- not at all. I knew that they remastered it pretty well and changed enough to make it worth playing from a friend- I was just salty over the fact that it would have looked much better on an HD console than a handheld. I still believe that, but I was pleasantly surprised by how good it looked. I haven't really played many games on my 3DS (*cough* only A Link Between Worlds *cough*), so I don't have the best idea of what the console is capable of.

Plus, I got a pretty good deal on it. Only paid $25 as opposed to the usual $40. I thought "might as well!"

Uhhh. Zelda Wii U is not set for 2015. :comfort
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I wouldn't say I had "no expectations" -- not at all. I knew that they remastered it pretty well and changed enough to make it worth playing from a friend- I was just salty over the fact that it would have looked much better on an HD console than a handheld. I still believe that, but I was pleasantly surprised by how good it looked. I haven't really played many games on my 3DS (*cough* only A Link Between Worlds *cough*), so I don't have the best idea of what the console is capable of.

Plus, I got a pretty good deal on it. Only paid $25 as opposed to the usual $40. I thought "might as well!"

Uhhh. Zelda Wii U is not set for 2015. :comfort
So how is the game? Are there any major differences between the 3ds version and the original? I played the 3ds for a bit and it seemed ok but not so much that I could tell how different it was. All I could see was the improved graphics... I am not sure if an HD release would be that good for majora's mask. To me it does not look like the improved graphics would do much for a game like that. it's graphics are very old school, an HD remastering would only do so much for it... Kinda like how an HD remastering of a gameboy game would not particularly do much for it. With wind waker it made more sense as it took advantage of a cartoony look to begin with and the graphics were pretty smooth. WW due to its cartoony look can far more easily transcend graphics than majora's mask which aimed for a more "realistic" look for the time.

How was a link between worlds? I saw the trailer but I have not bought handheld device nor I plan to. It seemed fairly good at least seeing the trailers though.

Oh well, I can live by buying the console several months later lol. Its still a shame though.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
LoZ: Triforce Heroes Preview Trailer:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kamui

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
183
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The only Zelda game I've ever played was Ocarina of Time on 3DS. I remember it as if it were only yesterday, but in fact, it's been a year or two since I've last played it since I ended up losing it and all. But yeah it was good while it lasted. Although I must admit, that new Zelda game coming out for Wii U intrigues me, I may just have to get it some day.
 
Top