Match Tohno/Ochi vs Tezuka/Chitose

Tohno/Ochi vs Tezuka/Chitose


  • Total voters
    9

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Been ages since I made one of these. For reference:

Tohno Atsukyou
SPE: 5, POW: 5, STA: 4, MEN: 4, TEC: 7

Ochi Tsukimitsu
SPE: 6, POW: 4, STA: 4, MEN: 7, TEC: 4


Tezuka Kunimitsu
SPE: 4.5, POW: 4, STA: 4, MEN: 5, TEC: 6

Chitose Senri
SPE: 3, POW: 4, STA: 3, MEN: 4, TEC: 5
This is a 3 set match. Please consider Ten'imuhou to be banned.

Discuss, vote etc. Also, I guess this is as good of an opportunity as any to mention that the Unvote option is now enabled for all polls in this subforum.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Ten'imuhou is banned? A 3 set match with Tezuka? Chitose doesn't have Saiki either...

No doubt, the Hs rape.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Tezuka will still be able to use Hyakuren which Niou didn't do for whatever reason. And we don't know the exact reason for why Saiki couldn't be used in doubles, the situation might be different if both players have it.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Actually, it makes sense.

Chitose was going to play 1 vs 2 against Inui/Tezuka, so the fact that there's another player in the other team is irrelevant. The only thing that doesn't allow him to use it in doubles, is the fact that he can't force his team mate to hit balls the way he wants to. So a doubles with double Saiki (that means, perfect predictions) should work... if the predictions are the same that is, and I doubt that's possible
 

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
How effective would Ochi's stare be? It will probably work on Chitose but Tezuka is Tezuka. The mach serve shoul be returnable which cuts Ochis effectiveness. That leaves Tohno who I dont know if his executions wuld become better or worse agwinst Tezuka zone.
Also a sidenote Chitose did use Saiki in doubles in the movie. Sure,not canon...yet!
 

floman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
257
Reaction score
24
Gender
Hidden
Country
India
Isn't the point of the predictions to result in the quickest end to a point as possible in which they win? They should both come to the same conclusion, I think.
 

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
I'll give it to the Tezuka/Chitose pair unless someone wants to explain my points?
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
How effective would Ochi's stare be? It will probably work on Chitose but Tezuka is Tezuka. The mach serve shoul be returnable which cuts Ochis effectiveness. That leaves Tohno who I dont know if his executions wuld become better or worse agwinst Tezuka zone.
Also a sidenote Chitose did use Saiki in doubles in the movie. Sure,not canon...yet!
If Mach is return, it would ONLY by return by Tezuka, which is useless. Since unless Chitose can also return it, they are not breaking the serve game. Mach is still a winner shot unless both player can return it.

And since canon wise, Saiki is straight say to not work as well in doubles, I wouldn't count it. It would be different if the Saiki user can syncho, since then they can share information and not overload it.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Yeah I was thinking of a Saiki-synchro combo too. The only way I see this working is if both players have the same data (something like Yanagi-Inui). I don't think that just because it's the ultimate prediction technique both players would have the same prediction tbh.

Also, Ochi doesn't need to use his stare on Tezuka (although, I actually see it working against him, it worked against Atobe after all), he could just stare Chitose and make him fail all the match lol
And Tohno has huge stats (the higest tech so far in any player), I don't know if even with a Saiki combo it would be enough to win a set.
 

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Oh yeah, I forgot Tezuka is God so of course he would probably be able to syncro;).
I mean I just dont see the Ochi stare working on Tezuka just on the basis that its Tezuka Kunimitsu.
Though I do wonder how Saiki would work against a player like Tohno. He doesnt want to beat you with points,he wants to beat you up with a tennis ball.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The only way I see this working is if both players have the same data (something like Yanagi-Inui). I don't think that just because it's the ultimate prediction technique both players would have the same prediction tbh.
Do you mean they'll never have the same prediction or they might not have the same prediction?

Also, what about something like Tezuka using Hyakuren against Tohno's executions?
 

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Do you mean they'll never have the same prediction or they might not have the same prediction?

Also, what about something like Tezuka using Hyakuren against Tohno's executions?
So his executions will be less effective from returning constant powerful balls? I could see that.

In you guys opinions does Chitose get beaten by Ochi/Tohno?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So his executions will be less effective from returning constant powerful balls? I could see that.
No, rather he'd get hit and killed by own executions.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Well, the executions aren't just power shots like Duke's Homerun. They aren't a product of Tohno's power, but his great tech. They are precise and deadly shots. I dunno if Hyakuren would work in that case.

Chitose gets raped by Ochi/Tohno, yes.
 

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
would Tezuka do that?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Do you mean they'll never have the same prediction or they might not have the same prediction?
As long as they don't have the same data (including their partner's), they'll never have the same prediction, that's just my opinion though. That's why the data pair was so effective.
 

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Well, the executions aren't just power shots like Duke's Homerun. They aren't a product of Tohno's power, but his great tech. They are precise and deadly shots. I dunno if Hyakuren would work in that case.

Chitose gets raped by Ochi/Tohno, yes.
Oh riiiiiight! I forgot about Tohno's executions being more technical than powerful.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, the executions aren't just power shots like Duke's Homerun. They aren't a product of Tohno's power, but his great tech. They are precise and deadly shots. I dunno if Hyakuren would work in that case.
Well, back when Hyakuren was first introduced, Kite said "All of my shots, all of my spin, all of my power, all of my destructive force... everything's being returned to me at twice the rate that I hit it!" http://www.mangareader.net/422-27168-7/prince-of-tennis/chapter-271.html
I feel like the executions would fall under the destructive force category at least.
 

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Well, back when Hyakuren was first introduced, Kite said "All of my shots, all of my spin, all of my power, all of my destructive force... everything's being returned to me at twice the rate that I hit it!" http://www.mangareader.net/422-27168-7/prince-of-tennis/chapter-271.html
I feel like the executions would fall under the destructive force category at least.
So you're saying it's not that Tezuka will hit back Tohno with the force of his executions but rather Tohno will be overwhelmed by his own destructive force being sent back at him 2-fold?
 

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Oh riiiiiight! I forgot about Tohno's executions being more technical than powerful.
Despite being more technical than just mere power, Tohno would fall prey to Tezuka's Hyakuren. Hyakuren can double everything, and Tohno's executions are no exception. I see Tezuka returning them and I don't think Tohno can overcome his executions back at him with twice their normal strength.

If Chitose could use Saiki in doubles, and it'll be possible because that weakness needs to be overcome at some point, he could see when Tohno's going to hit one of his executions. Also, Tezuka Zone should work on them.

Ochi will score past Chitose with Mach, but Tezuka should be able to comfortably return it. Moreover, he has his Mental Pressure, but Tezuka will overcome it eventually.
 
Top