Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

(Cam) RAW is out of order...
Coco's still going at it, but he saw a death shadow from one of the four being sucked inside the Mammoth. Terry's about to face off with Staarjun. Chapter ends with Toriko, Sani, Komatsu, and Rin coming face to face with Sedoru.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

death shadow will probably be on Sani, i can't imagine it being on anyone else
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Guys, when a raw did come out, it isn't necessary to post in spoilers. On the contrary it's kinda annoying if you ask me :)

anyway... Can somebody help me with all the names of the GT robots whom are there. Who's where btw?
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

You can't imagine the death shadow being on Komatsu? I find it hard to believe that he is never not near death when spending time with Toriko
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

K, uh, so the GT Robos were
Branch Head Sedoru (I accidently wrote it as sedoru in the original chapter, 31), Mysterious person Zaiper, the Yeti Dohsa, and Gido. Also Staajyun.
One person was replaced by Staajyun.

Gido is the huge one with the chains across him. He's the one Staajyun said "who is that" when he was named by Joejoe. He's fighting Coco.
Sedoru is the smaller one with hair shooting back and stripes on its beak. He's inside the Mammoth.
Staajyun is the black one Terry had an instinct to run away from, but then stayed behind to fight.
One other one, the mechanical military looking one was crushed by the Mammoth then Gido destroyed its core. A GT Robo only dies when its core is destroyed. That one wasn't named, he must have been Zaiper or Dohsa, whichever one Staajyun didn't replace.

Zaiper is in this chapter in person, I'm sorta starting to translate it, I'm not sure if he was in the one that got destroyed or he is just watching.
Obviously it's hard to see this version so I'm not gonna put anything out till the good raw show up. probably.

Most of this you could figure out by process of elimination, then as soon as that was possible the lines at the end started to just say who everyone was. The guy Gido beat said who he was, then Gido said "Sedoru already went inside" and the map on a previous chapter showed the striped beak high hair one was the only other one in the area.
And obviously Staajyun wasn't gonna be the one crushed until the Mammoth's foot, so you could tell them all at that point.

One unrelated thing I noticed...
How can there be a death omen on Gido if he, the operator, isn't actually in any danger? He's controlling a robot remotely... Oh well, I guess we'll see how that's possible.
 
Last edited:

Rock-a-Dillo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
50
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

ah man, i really don't know why but this Manga just keep pulling me back to it!!
it's just toatally original, i don't know why i like it, but i just Love it!!! :D
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

ah man, i really don't know why but this Manga just keep pulling me back to it!!
it's just toatally original, i don't know why i like it, but i just Love it!!! :D
It's the food, man... that's what keeps me coming back xD
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

It was only a matter of time before we saw a sword in Toriko. It wouldn't be shounen without a sword, and Coco's is indeed pretty cool looking. The strange design and coloring almost makes it look like a jewel. Sani would be jealous of the beauty of that weapon

Sani let the others go on ahead so he could take care of a few split ends (sorry about that)
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Awesome chapter. So these guys are fighting with their full power. They look dangerous and almost unbeatable if you ask me. The GT robots seem to have problems. Coco is handling it pretty easy as for sani too I think. I look forward to the next chapter. The fights are cool and maybe toriko will end up meeting the last one in next chapter
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

What "last one"? As far as I know, there are only 3 functional GT Robots on the island, no? And Toriko isn't about to interfere with Terry's fight.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yeah, there are only those 3. Zaiper's was the one that Gido destroyed the core of when he was asking for help, the one with all the little shapes on it and zebra stripes on the beak.
There are only 3 left, I dunno where they're gonna end up. Assumably Terry won't beat the strongest one by herself but assumably she won't die because she's a main character...
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Plus, people hate it when puppies are killed. Just look at what happened to Amadeus Cho's pet
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

My bad, I mistook myself when another GT wanted to enter the mammoth. So I probably thought there were two of them inside. Anyway sorry for the mistake. Those Gts can be really confusing :)
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

okay toriko #4 is out in may, officially meaning that Toriko subscribes to the same slowass release pace that many weekly manga do. shame, bimonthly woulda equalled a faster licensing
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I wonder what Sani can't do with that hair of his...

As for the death mark, as it is right now I can't really imagine Sani dying mainly because of the newest revelation so maybe it'll be Rin. I mean she's not terribly important and it would be a pretty sad moment right?

Then again Komatsu has the death mark on him 99% of the time I bet but I don't think the same joke would recycled again...
 

Draagon

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
41
Reaction score
94
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I wonder what Sani can't do with that hair of his...

As for the death mark, as it is right now I can't really imagine Sani dying mainly because of the newest revelation so maybe it'll be Rin. I mean she's not terribly important and it would be a pretty sad moment right?

Then again Komatsu has the death mark on him 99% of the time I bet but I don't think the same joke would recycled again...
Yeah, Komatsu shouldn't be the one to die, especially considering that he has already died and been brought back to life during the Puffer Fish Whale arc. I don't think they'd use that same trick twice...

I don't think Sani or Toriko will either, them being part of the Four Heavenly Kings and all, and major characters. So...that just leaves the probability to Rin.
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Perhaps we'll see Sani go ape-shit on his GT Robo after learning of Rin's death?
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

i still think it'll be sani. being a heavenly king doesn't stop an awesome death scene protecting another person
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I still think all four heavenly kings will show up at some point. I mean together.
And I don't think there's anyone who we like enough at this point who would die and it be really meaningful...
Technically Komatsu died and was brought back to life.
 
Last edited:

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Well, Coco himself stated that his fortune-telling can be wrong at rare times, right? Perhaps this is such a case and that the shadow he saw was merely a sign that someone will get seriously hurt but not necessarily come out dead.
 
Top