kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The chapter was good, but F-H continues to make bad mistakes in their Edited Mangas.
Like they wrote "I can't use my powerful throttle" instead of "I can't use my power full throttle". Completely changing the meaning and now it makes no sense. And there were typos that weren't in my translation in a few other places.

Sugoi scans' are better, even though they take a couple days longer.
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Sprinting long-range at over 100 MILES PER HOUR...

Can we say badass!?

BTW, who else thinks the black robot is the vice chief cook/the controller for the robot from the sandy beach of the cave?
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

This chapter was for me the perfect example how taste can differ rawwise and scanwise. When looking into the raw, I was so clueless I disliked it but reading the scan makes more sense and gave me a good feeling. I love how fastpaced this is going.
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yeah, it definitely helps when you understand what the characters are saying... I had a nice little experience with that when I went to see an opera (sung in Italian) and the person doing the superscript fucked it up to no end...
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I like the flow how things are going. It seems the mammoth isn't the easy monster to catch. I look forward to upcoming quests: sani and komu will probably enter the mammoth's body. Toriko is closely followed by a strong GT robot. Toriko is surprisingly good
 

Tensai_Sakuragi

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
68
Reaction score
10
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Loving Sani("There´s no way I can laugh"...badass) and Terry.

Kinda surprised there´s a GT Robo who could easily beat a monster that gave Toriko a run for his money. Heck. :blink

Just how powerful are the enemies for this arc?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Well I think the GT's power is determined by the person controlling it. So maybe the one who's hunting toriko (or is at least close) is that chief of the department. Or am I missing something?
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

In my opinion, it's the vice chief chef Staarjun (or however you're supposed to spell his name..)... the only clue we get is that both the Toriko-chasing GT Robot and Staarjun (not to mention the GT Robot from the Sand Beach of the Cave) were seen scratching their respective heads in a remarkably similar fashion... And the fact that they are both ridiculously strong. I base that guess on the fact that Staarjun thinks the 1-millisecond response time of the GT Robots is way too slow for him.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Awesome chapter and coco is back. I look forward to this combo fight against the mammoth. Though I wouldn't count out those other monsters. Where's terry btw? And GT robots are close too, so better watch out. A huge clash is coming
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Terry's fighting the black GT Robo so it doesn't reach Toriko's group.

I guess the one GT Robo, Sedoru is already inside it, and the Gido plans to go in. And everyone else is going to enter the next chapter, probably.
 

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Terry fighting a robo all by herself? That's kind of boring. I mean all she does is run really fast. At least the Heavenly Kings have a fighting style.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Terry fighting a robo all by herself? That's kind of boring. I mean all she does is run really fast. At least the Heavenly Kings have a fighting style.
Well I would make kinda sense knowing he isn't together anymore with toriko and rin. Maybe he is holding off that GT robot. Imo he deserves a major role in this arc, so why not?
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I hope for the manga that Terry doesn't get killed - I mean he is nowhere near the level of the heavenly kings and they themselves seem to have a hard time against GT Robos.
On the other hand Terry adds some aspects to the story the other characters didn't add so I for one would miss that beast :amuse

over all I'm wondering if Torikos fame isn't bought at a high price. having so much high class characters right at the start with the heavenly kings and their counterparts there doesn't seem to be much room for strength development, then again the GT Robos are strong enough so that they still have to get closer to them and what's even more: strength is not all though it's a fighting manga ... yh, I know I talk too much :P
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Terry won't get killed, not with HER importance in the one shot and everything that's been going on so far.
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Terry's a girl??
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I mentioned this before, I forget where, but parthenogenesis can only produce female offspring, so I'm assuming girl due to the laws of biology which this series sort of follows.
They never say it specifically, though. Course they barely ever use something to determine gender in Japanese...
 
Last edited:

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Looks like Sani isn't ready to share his new toy. It's good to see Coco again, and he is bringing out the side of Sani that I like best so even better
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Pretty good chapter. Certainly a prelude to great upcoming battles. So terry is going to fight too. Coco against the GT robot :) Sani, Toriko and co inside the mammoth. Thi manga is becoming more epic the more chapters are released.

Am I correct terry is going to fight that other Robot that's behind?
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yeah. She is. That robot seems to be Staajyun, based on the only remaining possibilities. It's stronger than Toriko using the battfre who was stronger than Sedoru, its old master, and the only other robo is Gido.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

This chapter looks pretty good. Can't get any clue since it's a raw but it seems coco defeated his opponent and terry outside, toriko and co inside are going to fight their opponents. This is a great arc
 
Top