GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

So who's the new guy? It's not Zebra (the final heavenly king) is it?
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The new one is Sani. The last one is Zebura, they showed him from behind in the chapter where Coco was introduced.
 

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

No I mean from chapter 31. The man riding on top of the dragon, who seems evil.

I guess I'll just wait for a translation :darn
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

No I mean from chapter 31. The man riding on top of the dragon, who seems evil.

I guess I'll just wait for a translation :darn
If you would like an early answer without trans:

His name is Staajun... it's a bit confusing to translate... I just wrote the romaji... I won't reveal his identity, though
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The 4-color-page special:





P.S: I hope the wolf joins them in their next journeys as well.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

okay i just gotta spoil shit for people now:

the wolf is a member of Toriko's team permanently! check out the oneshot, he's there from the start

and those colour pages just make terrycloth more adorable, with the snorty nose face XD
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Where... exactly IS the oneshot for Toriko? Did it ever show up here, RAW or scanlated, because I'd take a RAW if it was never scanlated. I like to collect the oneshots for series, both to see how the manga-ka's ideas developed, and how it compares to the actual series, and because I like being able to have the oneshot of a 20 volume series on my laptop, look back at the oneshot, and think, "it all started from this...". So being able to browse Toriko's oneshot would be especially nice, being one of the 3 Jump series that I really care about.
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Where... exactly IS the oneshot for Toriko? Did it ever show up here, RAW or scanlated, because I'd take a RAW if it was never scanlated. I like to collect the oneshots for series, both to see how the manga-ka's ideas developed, and how it compares to the actual series, and because I like being able to have the oneshot of a 20 volume series on my laptop, look back at the oneshot, and think, "it all started from this...". So being able to browse Toriko's oneshot would be especially nice, being one of the 3 Jump series that I really care about.
Here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/j703jd
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Hm, maybe I'll do a translation of that at some point. For now I put it in the Toriko manga section as a Oneshot, since that's what it is.
Though as a Oneshot, it's really long. Like 60 pages.
It's all a basic sorta adventure, though Terry is with him form the beginning, the character designs are different, and he's able to use a 10-Hit Nail Punch.
 
Last edited:

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Terry is awesome. It makes me like the series so much more. XD
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

At least when Jump is off for a week I can look forward to the Edited Mangas of Toriko and Asklepios trying to play catchup to the more popular series.

Now that the translators are starting to get used to this series I wanted to ask if there is a common theme in Coco's full menu. The Chief and Sani both have pretty obvious themes and I figured Coco must as well. At first I was looking at the Dragon's Tears and Phoenix thing so I figured there must be a mythology theme going on, but bureau kadziki? Isn't that, like, Desk Fish?

Fish in a desk? If it was Toriko I bet he'd be content eating the desk as well
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yeah. Well this issue was extra long and Draagon is working with uh... Sugoi Scans or whoever to edit it more. Usually the only mistakes I make I think are pretty obvious small typos and things. Some of it is trying to make things sound more natural if they think someone reading can't understand it.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

It's got to be tough translating this series because so much of it is ridiculous. I really appreciate the work that is being done to help bring this series to us
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

It's not a hard series, really. I'm a new translator but the people in this speak fairly straightfowardly. It's got as much colloquialisms and things as the next manga that I need to look up sometimes. Also because the story isn't exactly that complicated. Most the detailed parts of the plot are exposition describing how the world works, new things. And there aren't so many characters that it's hard to tell how they speak.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am shocked that Sani's power has something to do with his most noticeable feature. Shocked.

It was cute to see Terry helping out against those monsters. How would you even eat those things? It's going to be an issue eventually so I can't help but wonder
 

Muddy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

This. Manga. Is. SICK.

Just caught up to it today, reading through the whole Coliseum arc and everything up to the current chapter. Terry's story was definitely a tearjerker, and the fight with the GT Robo was great. I love the new villains (all pretty quirky, it seems) and the arc that's beginning right now. Those two or three pages that show the four additional GT Robos loose in the first biotope were very, very exciting. I'm glad they all have different designs.

I'm also intrigued by the GT Robo whom Toriko and Coco first met in the puffer whale cave. Toriko immediately recognized that Bei's one in the Coliseum was different, and he made an ominous comment to Komatsu about the puffer one being a big deal... besides, he and Coco were scared out of their wits when that thing first appeared. I guess they can tell, to some extent, the strength of the operator through the robot.

Also, Mansam is a GREAT character. He was so much fun in the Coliseum arc, as well as after - "oh crap! I FORGOOOOT!!!" :P

P.S. I love your new avatar Randal!
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Ah some people convinced me reading it. I just read some chapters and will do later on. The troll kong arc was already a nice proof to continue this manga. I am highly dissapointed in myself I didn't give this a decent chance but soon I will

toriko really amazes me, got to admit that and thank you randal, noodles, muddy and others ;)
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

So yeah I'm one of the newer converts hope you'll treat me okay in Toriko-land.

Does anyone get a vague Grappler Baki vibe? I don't know if it's just me but it does vaguely feel like it for me.

Anyways yeah Toriko is pretty awesome and I'm totally loving it so far it's got emotional parts and some great action. Not only that but it's based on a pretty original idea in my opinion. The new villains of this arc are looking good and I really want to know they're background because they all seem so cool.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I'm gonna try to find a raw of the volumes. 1 and 2 came out, 3 comes out in February. And I might redo the translations, seeing as I went through the raws and found a bunch of mistakes. As it turns out, most of the errors in the Edited Mangas were really just poor work by the Manga Editor, like he would randomly choose which bubble to put things in, then skip some, sometimes would put two bubbles worth in one then skip one, etc. Besides the fact that they weren't scanlated or edited well, both stylistically and grammatically.

Plus the volumes are better quality, and then the whole series will be available on MH, which I'm trying to do to get more people to read it. Seeing as it's so short and people might be less willing to go look for old scans on other distro sites.

On a side note, Coco's name is romanized in the volume in one of those pages to make a chapter start on the right side of a 2 page spread. Coco is correct. Course, the only alternative is "Koko", there's not much else. So perhaps there'll be some of that as a means of knowing romanizations as we move on. If Sani or Zebura are spelt differently I'll correct it from then on.
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I'm loving how Terry is so alert about his surroundings all the time... Question now is whether he'll go after the GT Robot himself or let Toriko know - I wouldn't mind some sick Battle Wolf pwnage, but Terry's only a baby, after all.
 
Top