Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I'm pretty sure it ends on the 20th of November, so probably around that day.
 

Junaid_Sennin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
395
Reaction score
168
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Anyone know where one can download the volume covers?
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Here's only v1~4 HQ. I haven't found anymore on the usual sites I visit.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Awesome chapter, I look forward to upcoming arc in which Toriko will be in search of the melk stardust and Melk the first generation. I wonder what the second generation saw by looking at Komatsu when holding his broken knife.

Man, this upcoming arc is definitely going to rock and you can clearly see that older generation is sending Toriko to the most daring places
 

aise2i

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Saw a spoiler for 119 (Snake hall) from ohana (2ch). Don't have time to make some rough trans.

Verification: pending

119 ヘビーホール

トリコ 仁王立ちになり
鬼だろうが蛇だろうが どっからでもかかってきやがれ!
洞窟から
体一つ顔二つ 眼が一つの ドラゴン?みたいのうようよでてくる
バルバモス 哺乳獣類 捕獲レベル44

バルバモス、トリコを噛みつこうとする
トリコよける
バルバモス、もう一つの自分の顔を噛みつく
交わしたつもりか 左腕かすり傷。

トリコ 交わしたつもりだったんだがー
地面に着地すると重力が重いことに気づくトリコ

トリコ 重力が強い分 一瞬早く動かねば…

わんさかバルバモス来る。
一瞬早く動いて回避。わんさか来過ぎてよけれない〜〜〜

トリコ あまり意識すらしてなかった 守るということ
強敵と戦うときの防御の重要性 試してやる 攻撃に使ってきたフォークを
守備に使う おお フォークシールド!!
フォークが地面を刺し、しゃがんでるトリコをフォークが囲う
フォークがテントみたいになり、トリコを守る
壊そうとバルバモス、フォークテントに噛みつく

トリコ 相当パワーを要するな 連発はできねえし
さて次のステージへ進ませてもらうぜ 重力の世界へ
トリコ、フォークテント内の地面をパンチ穴を開け脱出 〜地下へ

地下。最終地点?にて
バルバモスが息絶えたえ そこには顔が牛?体も牛 両手がバルタン星人みたいに
二股になってる爪の変なのがいる

メルク家にて 起きる小松 メルクは徹夜で作業してた模様。 小松スープをもらい
また作業を手伝う。メルク鍛冶から始め、その様子を見てる小松
途中途中の会話に、メルクは先代メルクの話をする。
メルク 先代の技術はこんなもんじゃなかったよ。
外に出るメルク 小松 庭に屋根あり露天風呂を見つける小松
入ることをすすめられる小松

お風呂に入る小松 気持ちいい〜 トリコさんにも教えてあげなきゃ!
それにしてもメルクさん… やけに先代のこともち上げるというか…
自分を謙遜することが多いような… 世界一の研ぎ師なのに… どーしてなんだろ

作業をするメルク


で終わり。サーセイ★
今家の前で三台の玉突き事故〜
先週も事故あって。なんか年末になってきたな〜と。


Spoiler #120 from ohana (2ch)

Verification: pending
いい包丁だな〜 小松シェフの包丁は魂が宿ってると眺めるメルク
風呂上がりパンツ一丁で出てくる小松
動揺するメルク
寝る小松
また包丁研ぎ研ぎメルク なんでこんなに動揺するんだろう もっと堂々としなくては…

120 二代目の正体!!

重力に慣れないトリコ
血が脳まで行かずふらふら
胸ポケから小松から借りた小さい包丁が落ちトリコの足を刺す
正気になり 守るべき確かな存在(小松)が オレに力を与えてくれる
慎重に行動。しかし今度は小松の包丁が転げ落ちていく
追うトリコ たどり着いたところに
ルビークラブ 甲殻獣類 捕獲レベル46
小松(包丁)がここまで導いてくれた〜〜〜この包丁は小松の魂が宿ってる


起きる小松
窓から外見ると、風呂に浸かってるメルク
メルクの為に夜食でも〜と小松
小松に褒められたことを考え、風呂からあがる〜振り返ると、そこに小松
小松眼が飛び出しそうなくらいビックリ
前を隠すメルク
急に堂々とするメルク 
小松 女 女 え?女性だったんですか?
メルク ああ悪いか?
小松 いいえ何一つ…
メルク 話がある
小松 はい… あの とりあえず服を…


クラブ食べ食べ体力回復トリコ
そこに顔牛、手がバルタンの獣が。

終わり★サーセイ

so Melk II is a girl.
 
Last edited:

Castriota

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 9, 2008
Messages
176
Reaction score
13
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

i thought toriko was going on hiatus as of 117? or did we already get past that hiatus. regardless, i like where this is goin. watch the melk toriko is looking for not be as big as toriko thought and just been an average person like melk 2nd.
 

aise2i

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

It was only a one week of "research" break.
 

aise2i

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

and the Japanese raw: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=942946343
edit: ah it seems to miss the last page.


Spoiler 121 from ohana (2ch).

Verification: pending
弟にトリコ借りてコミック読んだよ!あと外伝も!
個人的に、毒フグの話が面白かった!!

バルタン爪の獣の名前は 蠍魔牛 捕獲レベル53
トリコ こいつとどこまでやれるか!!
いきなり震えだす蠍魔牛
トリコ 威嚇でビビるレベルまで… いや違う!こいつがビビってるのは俺じゃねえ
振り返ると…

121 二人のメルク!!

トリコの背後には
黒髪の筋肉ムキムキの顔おでこ傷だらけの髭生えたい放題の、左眼が見えてない?大男が!!
トリコ おわああああああ!!
指を刺す大男 もそもそ小声で話す
トリコ 声小っさ!!
蠍魔牛敬礼して走り出す
トリコ え?何?お前聞きとれたの今の!?てか意味分かったの!?
あんたが 研ぎ師メルクか?
大男(メルク)ぼそぼそ もそもそ…
トリコ 小せえ 声!!
大男メルク ごにょごにょ もさもすもす
トリコ やべえ 何だコレ!!何言ってるか全然わからん
大男メルク キリリ顔人差し指立てて ごにょごにょ
しゃがみだして袋から石だして ごにょごにょもすもす
トリコ 何なんだ 超音波でも発してんのか?くそ ゼブラの奴がいればな…
大男メルク 石をしまい 袋を担ぎ キリリ顔して 後ろを向き 手を降る
トリコ いやちょー!ちょっと待って!!何でバイバイになるんだ!?
あんたが初代メルクだろ!?間違いねえあんただ!!用があって来たんだ!!
大男メルク … 
トリコ 何?でかい声で頼む ん?
そこに蠍魔牛がスライディングして、バルタン爪に石を挟んで来る。
大男メルク受け取る 確認して あーあー
トリコ 声が大きくなった!?
メルク …って事でさっき言った通りだ… んじゃ  また背をむけて
トリコ いやいやいやーっ 何一つききとれなかったって!もっかい!自己紹介から頼む!!てか何んダ その声が大きくなる石 あとこの猛獣はなんだ!?聞きてえこと満載!!
メルク&小松
小松 え?メルクさん
スープ飲みメルク おいしい とても温まるよ小松シェフ
小松 二代目じゃないって 本当ですか?
メルク 正確には 弟子にさせてもらっていたかどうかも定かではないけどね。
ここから回想
赤子のまま2代目メルクは捨てられていた。偶然見つけた師匠が拾って育ててくれた…
当時は鬼のメルクと恐れられていた師匠が 赤ん坊を育てるなんて世間は信じなかったらしいけど… でもオレだけは感じていたんだ… 世界でただ一人… 鬼のメルクの愛情を
メルク ただ仕事中はけっしてオレを作業場に入れてくれなかったけな師匠… 一度黙って中へ入った時…事故は起きた
メルクの顔の傷は、その時できたもの。しれをきっかけに仕事を俺に見せてくれるようになった…
何も教えてくれないから研ぎ 鍛冶作業は盗んで覚えた 本当のところ師匠の下には毎年100人近い弟子入り志願者が訪れたんだけど誰一人3日と持たなかったよ 師匠はもともと寡黙で人見知りってのもあるけど すべて一人でこなす師匠に誰もついていけなかったのさ…
強くなきゃいけないって… とにかく強くならなければ…
小松 だからあんなに強さにこだわって…(トリコと初めて会った時のこと)
メルク 己の中の弱さを払拭するために女であることも捨てた でもそれははかない抵抗だったな… オレの体は女 師匠みたく強く 逞しい研ぎ師にはなれなかった
小松 メルクさんは二代目として立派に仕事をこなしてるじゃなおですか
メルク 俺はまだ一度も師匠から…認めてもらっていないんだ勝手に二代目を名乗ってるだけ ごめんよ小松シェフ トリコが言った通り オレは偽物だ
小松 そんなことありません!!本物ですよ!!


トリコ おお… ス すげえ…
沢山のデカイ包丁があろ 釜がある場所に到着トリコ

ここで伝説が生まれる!!
終わり。サーセイ★

Melk II is an adopted daughter of Melk.

It seems that the interest for Toriko at MH is really low.
 
Last edited:

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Personally I love Toriko, but it's not the easiest manga to find right now and it doesn't help that we're not into the arc fully yet.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I'm interested in this arc because it seems like we might finally learn why so many people are fascinated by Komatsu's knife. Almost every high-level person who has seen it so far has shown interest, and Melk 2 is kind of giving us hints as to why.
 

Bender

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 21, 2010
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Does the spoil posted by aise2i mention a meeting between Melk1 and Toriko?
I'm really interested in Toriko but this arc is longer to start than others(maybe because we get used to more adventure and action).
 

aise2i

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yes. Melk I's voice is very small, so Toriko asked him many times to speak up and to confirm if he's Melk I. The big scorpion cow monster showed in the last page of 120 seems to be working for Melk I, collecting stones and so on.

After the explanation of Melk II on how Melk I is so shy and how she was brought up by Melk I (the only one who sees Melk I not as a devil, so many people try to be his apprentice and lasted at most only 3 days, etc.), the scene switches back to Toriko being amazed by the presence of so many huge kitchen knives.

I hope images will come out soon to clear things up.
 

Bender

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 21, 2010
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Thanks aise2i!
Melk...shy? His character seems to contrast with his figure. :D
I'm a little frustrated there is no fight between Toriko and the cow, i hoped we could see Toriko's new techniques (from the Gourmet World), but we'll have to wait for it :p.
 

aise2i

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Pics: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=947288934

I misinterpreted the small voice of Melk to indicate that he's shy. He simply only cares about stones.

The cow scorpion monster is working for (and very afraid of) Melk I. Toriko was surprised that the monster can hear thoroughly Melk's order. The only time Melk's voice got bigger is when the monster got a piece of stone. Twice has Melk turned his back and say "Bye bye" to Toriko :P In any case, Toriko followed him which led to the last page I described before.

Ohana has pretty much posted the whole dialogue of the whole chapter. What I have to add is probably that nobody's successful to become Melk I's apprentice because he's so strict and so silent/uncommunicative (an example we've just seen with Toriko). And there goes 100 pupils per year. Melk II told Komatsu her history, and also the accident which scarred her face while observing/peeping Melk I at work. After she finished crying, she immediately in awe with the knifes. After the accident Melk I lets her to see him working at close a bit. She found that sharpening knifes very attractive because of Melk I's sharpening skills/power. That's basically the main motivation for Melk II to succeed Melk I as a top notch grindmaster. Anyway, Melk II got depressed, blaming herself being a woman, and in the end acknowledging Toriko's comment that she's a fake. Komatsu came into "rescue" and said otherwise.

Ah and yes, the 100 pupils is actually around 100 pupils per year.
 

brebaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2007
Messages
239
Reaction score
83
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Guess we won't be waiting for a very long time now for Toriko to come out

MS picked it up Toriko 121
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Awesome news, now I will actually start reading since I was always afraid that I will become addicted to it without it having an early Edited Manga source.

Very soon it will probably join the big 3 or we will have to rename it to the big 4 within the next year :)
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Toriko has ranked about Bleach quite a bit. The only thing keeping it out of the "big 3" right now is the fact that it doesn't have an anime. When it has a real series going I am sure the sales for it will be comparable to the others.

Not One Piece, mind you. The sales of all the other series combined aren't able to touch that behemoth.

ALSO! I loved how quiet Melk is. And the face he made when holding little baby Melk was priceless.
 
Last edited:

Castriota

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 9, 2008
Messages
176
Reaction score
13
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

have the gluttonous food gods shined down upon us by having MS pick up toriko? i think so.

actually sorry for kewl that he just kinda shoved out of the toriko game there
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

It is great that the finding of Melk I wasn't stretched out. This is definitely a mini-arc. I'd like to hear more from Melk I because I want to know why he decided to go down there and to leave for a while. Anyway, it seems that he has started there his own business.
 
Top