BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I believe the first Melk is down there to create weapons for some kind of upcoming war. Probably linked with the intelligent beasts, which looks like the GT Robots. Whom Toriko met at Sky Garden. The IGO President was rather surprised that those beats are already in the human world. So I believe there will be a fight, for which the first Melk is creating weapons out of Melk Star Dust to fight them, for the past 6 years.

Just a theory though. I hope there is more to the first melk than just a mini arc.

Very soon it will probably join the big 3 or we will have to rename it to the big 4 within the next year :)
I don't get why Bleach is still on the top list...
 
Last edited:

aise2i

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

From here:
Verification: pending
初代メルクは声が小さすぎて皆に誤解されていた。
別に寡黙な男では無く、ただ単に声が小さいだけだった。
初代メルクはあの石が無いとまともに会話ができない。
二代目を譲っているのに、二代目メルクにすら声が届いていなかった・・・。

Melk's small voice creates misunderstanding to everyone, including Melk II. He's no reticent fellow, only his voice is small when there's no stone (some particular stone, that is) nearby.

I'll wait for ohana (2ch) to see whether hers corresponds to this spoiler.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Maybe Melk II is creating her own thoughts from things she can't hear and understand. Melk II is probably wrong because she hears the bad things that her master never said. She has a low profile and she probably thinks that her master didn't believe in her. But maybe her master finally found someone whom he could leave his shop to thus finally allowing him to go downstairs


I believe the first Melk is down there to create weapons for some kind of upcoming war. Probably linked with the intelligent beasts, which looks like the GT Robots. Whom Toriko met at Sky Garden. The IGO President was rather surprised that those beats are already in the human world. So I believe there will be a fight, for which the first Melk is creating weapons out of Melk Star Dust to fight them, for the past 6 years.

Just a theory though. I hope there is more to the first melk than just a mini arc.
Nice theory Black Hair, I like it

Well a mini arc (+ previous ones too) itself isn't bad. I am sure they'll have some meaning later on (or maybe now). Toriko has struggled some adventures by which he will become stronger than he was during his last fight against tommyrod. Yeah, never say never that Melk is part of the older generation (Setsuno, Jirou, master of Teppei) and thus they might prepare themselves and the younger generation for upcoming bad events
 
Last edited:

aise2i

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

From ohana (2ch):

メルク いいじゃろこの石 拡音機と言ってな… ガンセキコンドルの声帯から採取出来る不思議な石じゃ
こいつは蠍魔牛 この洞窟にすむ希少種  このヘビーホールでは敵なしじゃぞ おぬしも あのまま闘っていたら かなりもてあましたはずじゃ
トリコ この場所で一体なにを…
メルク ある重要な仕事に取り掛かってる  蠍魔牛は知能が高い 邪魔が入らんように見張りをしてもらっとったんじゃ
トリコ 重要な仕事?
メルク ボゾボゾ…
トリコ 石を使ってくれ石をー!!

122 本物のメルク!!

小松 メルクさんは本物の研ぎ師ですよ!
メルク女 こ 小松シェフ…
小松 先代は先代 メルクさんはメルクさんです!!全部一人でやる先代は凄いかもしれないけど メルクさんが真似すること無いと思います なによりもメルクさんは超一流の包丁を事実作ってるじゃないですか
涙をぬぐうメルク回想
最初はすぐ帰ってくると思った 掃除をし材料の手入れ いつになっても師匠は帰ってこなかった 師匠がいなくても研ぎの依頼は後を絶たず 1つの懸念を 抱くようになった 師匠の身に何かあったのか 
まさか 屈強な師匠に限って 師匠の向かった場所に オレは近づけない…
師匠が戻るまで 師匠の包丁の信頼を これまでに学んだ技術でオレがつなぎとめなきゃ
メル女 でもポチコは ずっとああやって師匠の帰りを待ってる 動物は正直だよね オレではダメなんだ 本当は依頼して頂いてる料理人も満足してはないのかもね…
小松 包丁を何本かお借りしていいですか? わんさか料理を造り出す小松


トリコ 拡音石を紐に通しメルク男にかける
トリコ これで大丈夫 思う存分喋ってくれ 初代メルクよ
メルク男 龍さんが言っていた通りの男だなトリコよ…
トリコ オレのほうは予想外でびっくりしてるぜ 寡黙で人見知りって聞いてたメルクが けっこうおしゃべりなトコによ…
メルク男 私は昔からおsじゃべりじゃよ なぜか周りに無視されとったけどな…ふふ
トリコ メルク…あんたその石 いつから使ってんだ?
メルク これは最近見つけたもんじゃ これを使うと蠍魔牛がすぐ動いてくれるんじゃよ
トリコ (無口とか人見知りじゃなく ただ声が小さくて誰にも聞こえてなかっただけなんじゃねーか!?)そ…そりゃ 二代目も不安がるわけだ…
メルク 二代目と> トリコおぬし私の娘に逢うたか… どうじゃった娘の仕事っぷりは?すごかっただろう? 6年前あの娘が15歳の時からすでび私と変わらん技術をもっとったからのう…
あの娘は天才じゃ
トリコ あんた6年まえ 二代目になんて言ってここへ来たんだ?
メルク ヘビーホールへ向かうとは伝えたが 龍さんから依頼を受けておるんじゃ
美食神アカシアのフルコースメニュー エア をいう名のサラダをさばく包丁をのう
依頼を受けた時点で引退を決意した その包丁は大量のメルクの星屑を使わねばならんし 完成までに永い月日を要する 私の最期の作品になるであるからのう
トリコ そのことを二代目は… あんたの娘は知ってるのか?
メルク もちろん 全部説明したが 二代目はお前に託した とな!!
トリコ それ全部聞こえて無かったと思うぞ
メルク エーーーーー
トリコ あんた声小さいから
メルク なんてこったあー!!(小さいころからじゃれてくるとは思っとったのは 私が何を言ってるのか聞きたかったのかあ…トホホ)
トリコ (技術はともなっても 二代目を託されたとは思っていない 完璧な自身を手に入れてないんだ 二代目の自身を植え付けるのは…頼んだぜ小松!!) 
でも安心しな娘さんきっちり仕事はこなしてたよ…
メルク ホ…ホントか
トリコ 二代目としてやってるよ ところでメルク ここへ来た理由だが二代目もそれを欲しがっている それにオレのほうも会長からの依頼なんだよ
メルク ああ聞いとるよ ついて来い案内しよう

メルク女ご飯食べる 小松料理の説明 使った包丁の名前と説明
小松 どれもこれも… メルクさんが作った包丁だけが可能な調理です
世界中どこを探しても… この斬り方が出来るのは… メルク包丁だけなんですよ
泣くメルク女
小松 世界中の料理人がずっと昔から認めてるんです!!メルクさんはメルク包丁の名をしっかり守ってますよ!!
大泣きメルク女

本物の証はあった、料理人と舌と言葉の中にーー
次週 ついに星屑GETなるか!?そして小松の包丁作りはいかに!?
終わり。サーセイ★

Aha. So actually Melk I had given Melk II the "II" part, but since his voice is sooooo small...
It corresponds to the other spoiler, which actually is written by T (2ch), known spoiler writer of OP.
 

Bender

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 21, 2010
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Toriko 122 MS is out.
 

Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

So we've "Air" now, too. Interesting. Is it possible that "God" is in fact made of Earth, Air and the remaining ingredients?

Can't wait to see how Toriko is going to obtain the Melk Stardust.

Also, Melk the 1st is awesome. Laughed at his reactions :lmao Komatsu did a good job with his daughter, as well.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I laughed a few times in this chapter. Besides the hilarity surrounding Melk I and his tiny voice, I got a kick out of the sheer amount of food that Komatsu made. You can tell he is the perfect partner for Toriko when he considers that much food an appropriate amount to make for two people. Heh.

It is adorable how affectionate Melk I is for his daughter. I look forward to a sappy reunion scene when this arc is over.

So Air is the salad course, and our lovable president feels that it needs an exceptional knife to be properly handled? Interesting. I suppose his fish dish will be Ocean.

If this does end up becoming a mini-arc, I kind of hope the next one will feature Toriko going after something that he could have as his drink. Drinks are usually something made by man, but the ones we've seen on full-course menus seem to be natural occurrences. Give us some drinks!
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The chapter was good and it was nice to tell the two stories in one chapter. One half was spent to Komatsu convincing Milk Melk II that she is a worthy successor of Milk Melk I. That was instantly followed by the second half in which Milk I confirmed that her daughter was the best successor for the name Melk. Komatsu has the strength to convince people. Two of the four heavenly kings were intrigued by him, Jiruou saved his life, the old man from the Island, Setsuno, Teppei,... I really believe that Toriko has the best partner he can imagine.

So Air is a course like God? Anyone?

Milk - Melk: if I write Milk instead of Melk then that is because of my language in which Melk is dutch for Milk (ingredient). So forgive me :)
 

Umbra Wolf

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
332
Reaction score
41
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

So Air is a course like God? Anyone?
The way I understood it Air was/is part of Accia's full course menu. Accia was the super guy who educated the last generation before Toriko including the president. But I think you know that.

While God was the main dish Air is supposed to be the salad. So we can assume that Water might be the fish dish and fill out the rest of his menu by guessing the elements.
 

aise2i

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

#123 spoiler from ohana (2ch)
ゼブラちゃん出て来た〜♪
なんかケンシロウみたいな。感じだよ。

Zebura appears. He looks like Kenshirou (can anyone tell me whom ohana refers to?).
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Toriko also reminds a little of Kenshiro(from Hokuto no ken), BTW great news about the timeslot of Toriko which will be on sunday instead of DB Kai right before one piece which means the censorship will be very limited assuming the government won't be interfering
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I am very glad about the news of Toriko getting an animation. This might be an anime which I will watch. A timeslot right before one piece is very good. It can only increase the popularity of it. Is anything known about the animation studio?

:oh I didn't expect Zebura to show up in this arc. I kinda expected him later on but oh well, the mysterious Zebura had to show up sooner or later. I am looking forward to him
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I hope very much that Toei will be the one, after Pierrot got beelzebub Toei need a new franchise as well, also the graphic design in the Toriko movie looks very good and naybe it will be the same art director for the TV anime :D
 

Bucek

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
125
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

This is Kenshiro from 'Fist of the North Star' by Bronson (a.k.a. Sho Fumimura) and Tetsuo Hara.



Didn't expect him to show up particularly now either. We'll see how this will continue...
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Chapter is out (mangastream)

The chapter is really cool. It already sets up the story to a new arc. The mellow cola arc. Epicurean graveyard, a very dangerous place in which Toriko is going to need help. Let that help be Zebra. Man, zebra looks like a monster. I look forward to an arc in which Zebra is going to play a prominent role.
 

DarkLordOfKichiku

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
908
Reaction score
576
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Despite the inital report, Zebura looks more like Raoh than Kenshiro :blink
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yay, he's going after a drink! A good way to wrap up and arc and set up the next one.

Also I guess it is neat that Zebra has finally been shown. They weren't playing around when they locked him up, were they? Being held down with gigantic chains in a beehive prison being suspended over a field of spikes jutting out at random angles? He probably could have escaped at any time if he really wanted to.

He's been described as evil and pretty savage throughout the series, but he is still considered one of the good guys by a lot of the characters. I am super excited to see how he actually acts when he is free to do whatever. There's definitely going to be some conflict between him and our heroes if he is truly as cruel as we've heard. Toriko only kills things if he intends to eat them, but Match said that Zebra kills just to kill. Maybe Komatsu and his meat underwear will cause him to have a change of heart. It worked for Melk II
 

DarkLordOfKichiku

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
908
Reaction score
576
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

He's been described as evil and pretty savage throughout the series, but he is still considered one of the good guys by a lot of the characters. I am super excited to see how he actually acts when he is free to do whatever. There's definitely going to be some conflict between him and our heroes if he is truly as cruel as we've heard. Toriko only kills things if he intends to eat them, but Match said that Zebra kills just to kill.
Well, being on the side of the good guys doesn't necresarilly mean that you're nice (think Saitō Hajime from Rurouni Kenshin). We'll see wha the's actually like though. Toriko referred to him early in the series as a "problem child" which indicates that he doesn't exactly have a negative opinion of Zebura but knows that he may go overboard at times. But I wonder whether Komatsu will tag along on this adventure or not - he may still want to stay with Melk for the time being and cola doesn't sound like an ingredent that needs his cooking talents to be prepared (though you never know), so...
 
Top