saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Zebura in on word: CRAZY :blink The amount of stamina he has is insane!! 240 triathlons? I think I would barely even survive one! :sweat Maybe they are exaggerating for drama's sake, but it could also be because normally when we talk about calories, we talk in kilocalories, which "removes" three zeros. Here it seems Shimabukuro was using just "calories" with no prefixes. I dunno, though :headscratch

But Zebura's intimidation monster was kinda cool (and sorry for the wrong spoiler trans... I didn't realize he was talking to it, not to Toriko :p). Like fizban said it's fitting that it's a bat. It's a pity a good number of panels with the bat were sketchy and half-inked. Maybe he's been too busy with promo stuff for the upcoming movie?
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Can someone direct me to where the best scanlated chapters for Toriko are?

I know other popular manga have had groups go back in time and scanlate volume releases and apply appropriate translations and clean jobs compared to what you can find on the online manga reader sites.

I just started doing a re-read from the beginning and found many of the chapters to have pretty poor translations, and/or very grainy and dark pages.

I know for say One Piece as an example there is like a compilation of super-mega releases in a huge file from the first volume onward.

----------------------------

Hey everyone, I was just wondering what/who you think the "boss" of this arc will be?

All the fodder beasts have been in the 40's in the Pyramid which is pretty damn high, and we already saw Zebra take out plenty of beasts in the 50's and even two boss in the 60's.

Im thinking we will get some beasts in the high 70's for them to fight individually.

I can't say that I believe if there is no human/GT robo enemies they might fight the "real" bird as a pair and test their strength because I think those creatures themselves are sort of bosses of the Gourmet World themselves, so they are in another stratosphere of strength.
 
Last edited:

aise2i

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Kewl0210's group "Hi wa mata noboru" (日はまた昇る) is the best source for recent chapters. Dunno how far they are into the back releases, but Kewl seemed to be pretty keen on redoing his translations for Toriko.

I don't think there'll be any boss for this arc. Rather, there will be quite a number of revelations, especially related to the rest of the Toriko world.
 

eternalmetal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Is it a GT Robo, or an actual Birdman? I kind of hope the former. The latter is kind of on a different level in my mind right now and Zebura's already wearing himself out.
My guess is that it is a new and improved GT Robo model of the Bishoku-kai out exploring the pyramid for gourmet ingredients. Iirc, isnt the GT Robo modeled after a more advanced species that only exists in the gourmet world? Meaning it would have no real business in the human world since the food is superior in the gourmet world.

One thing I thought was weird is the talk about burning calories. I'm an Opera singer and don't think I am burning calories that rapidly when I'm doing shows that last several hours. It seemed like they were adding extra 0's at the end of everything for the sake of drama.
Yea, I basically ignored the number values and took home the concept of it all: powerful techniques require lots of energy.

Since this is training for the gourmet world, I wonder if Komatsu being on his own will force him to get stronger/improve his ability to adapt to harsh climates or conditions? If he is going to remain Toriko's partner he really needs to power up just a little.

As far as a boss goes, it will probably be just the Bishoku-kai and some higher level beasts. Toriko obviously cant handle beasts in the 60+ levels alone yet, so I doubt hes going to be given something in the 70s to tackle. Unless he powers up trying to defeat it, which is possible. I think its more likely that they encounter a higher number of 50-60 level beasts trying to find their way through the pyramid to Komatsu. Who is going to stumble upon the ingredient by the time Zebura finds him.
 

Len1k

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2010
Messages
56
Reaction score
111
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi



 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

What the spoilers for 134 tell me

That whatever is awakening from that tomb is some beast that is legendary, there is a picture of the beast being fought by the real GT robo people, and those people are the ones rumored to have built the palace/pyramid as well.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

It sounds every interesting because in that short arc, it was already shown that those GT people/animals had some intelligence. I think this is making the mystery even bigger because they came to build a palace elsewhere than gourmet world and we can assume that the footprints aren't from the GT robots but the animals

but for some reason I see some ritual sceneries. There's a cup below it, it gathers some tears or blood,... it looks interesting
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

GT people/animals had some intelligence. I think this is making the mystery even bigger because they came to build a palace elsewhere than gourmet world
Yep, it shows they are an extremely advanced civilization of people if they built that palace 1000 years ago.

but for some reason I see some ritual sceneries. There's a cup below it, it gathers some tears or blood,... it looks interesting.
My ultimate hope is that somehow since Komatsu has an affinity to be drawn to ingredients, that this Sphinx like character is a guardian of something, not so much a guardian placed at a task by the Robo people but a natural guardian, the Sphinx is just drawn towards something. And hopefully Komatsu can befriend this uber legendary beast and sort of make it his pet. Now, I know the pet part is extremely pushing it, but I can dream.
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Why am I assuming that the cola is the tear drops of this thing?
 

Xenos3421

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
312
Reaction score
77
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Wow, that last page explains everything..

Now they just need to find a Chimera and make it cry. Kind of a dick move, if you ask me.
 

eternalmetal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

So Komatsu can effortlessly topple a level 38 beast with his Melk knife? Thats a pretty big powerup tbh. I wonder if he will eventually learn how to adapt to extreme environmental conditions, as would be required for the gourmet world.

I guess that beast's tears are the cola. And it requires teamwork from birdmen to get? Sounds challenging and tedious, probably with a really high capture level.

I wonder if the birdman will be a friend or an enemy? If Toriko's past encounter taught us anything its that the birdman are much more powerful than Toriko and his group at the moment (but dont really seem easy to provoke). Unless it really is a modified GT Robo of the Bishoku-kai's, though im more inclined to believe its an actual birdman.
 

VashDaStampede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
658
Reaction score
241
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

^^^That's a good question about Komatsu getting used to extreme environments. I've been wondering that as well.

I've been waiting for Komatsu to use the Melk knife in battle. I was kinda hoping that he'd been secretly training with it. Nope, he just closes his eyes and swings as hard as he can. lol! But it looks like the knife alone was intimidating enough to scare the beast off. Once he gets a little practice he'll be ok against easier bests.
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I do hope Komatsu can become somewhat dependable. Even if he doesn't become a competent fighter. I'd like to see him be able to handle level 40 beats, whether it's intimidating them or escaping from them without looking scared of panicked.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

great chapter!!!!

my prediction is starting to happen! Komatsu is starting to become a bit stronger and we have to thank that to the knife that its simply amazing.

I would like to see Toriko surpassing Zebra, but Zebra is really a monster!!!! :blink

I am liking alot what have been happening so far, and i am anxious for the next chapter , but we are going to have to wait 2 weeks for it
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

But in this instance, it wasn't so much a case of Komatsu being stronger, but more so having his knife and the assistance of Zebura.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

But in this instance, it wasn't so much a case of Komatsu being stronger, but more so having his knife and the assistance of Zebura.
but it will eventually lead to that
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Great - I like that the Melk knife is being used in something other than cooking. A good power-up for Komatsu that'll definitely continue to come in useful in this labyrinth. Komatsu is slowly developing along the course of the story, gaining confidence, courage, and now strength. I want to see how he will deal with the mummy guy.

I agree with the predictions that the beast's tears are the mellow cola. It's cool that the GT Robos are intelligent and truly sentient creatures, likened even to the Egyptians whose pyramids are great marvels and wonders.
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

There is one thing I am not particularly happy about, it started last chapter, and continued on over into this chapter, and that is the idea of a calorie count.

It screams power level to me, yes, yes I know it isn't a power level, but why introduce something that isn't particularly needed? We don't need to know they have XYZ calories left, they could simply say they only have enough energy/strength left for one, or at most two attacks.

The creature in the coffin is interesting, because it seems humanoid. I don't really know how it will look, because the picture of the chimera in the old wall portrait did not resemble the eye shape nor the fingers of the coffin creature.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

i also dont think it was needed to introduce the ammount of calories ........
but i also dont have anything about it , i just hope that at some point of the story the mangaka doesnt contradict himself
 
Top