Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

err short haired girl in the latest chapter x3

her name is Rin
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

New girl?
I take it you didn't look at the Raw for chapter 22. There is, from what I remember, the first female character in Toriko. And it only took 22 chapters :p.

Anyways, I can't wait to see Toriko vs. Battle Wolf. It should be awesome. Not to mention that the Battle Wolf just reeks of awesomeness.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yeah. I just commented a little while ago that there are no girls in this series, besides the girls that swarmed on Coco when he first appeared, which were all extras.
I'll be translating 22...
I'll maybe try to translate spoilers when they show up if I have time. If someone else wants to just post them it'd save me time looking for them in the 2ch thread and figure out when it shows up and all.
 

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

uh teh first female character? I never thought xD

btw,

volume 1 & 2 cover



I like it
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

It looks like it'll make a continuous picture if you line them up.
I finished translating chapter 22. The next one seems to be a "battle" chapter.
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

uh teh first female character? I never thought xD

btw,

volume 1 & 2 cover



I like it
Looks pretty awesome, any possibility you can get a good quality scan of that like you did for Mago? :D
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Kind of bland for a cover. Not sure if i like it...
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I was wondering why it mattered that the Battle Wolf was female last week. Should have predicted that
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

i'm digging the simple designs of the toriko volume covers :D

and indeed the complex and actually good looking cover it got this week. the first two covers kinda sucked, so it's a nice surprise
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I dunno if anyone's found a HQ version of the shonen jump cover for this week, [2008-48], because it's usually good to include those in Edited Mangas.
I finished the translation, it's pretty good, this issue.
See how as time goes on, each arc gets longer. They're still doing this "side arc" with the Coliseum, before getting to the main part with the Regal Mammoth. It's a pretty good flow, I think.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

just finished reading through all 25 chapters ... it's a pretty good manga for shounen, though there were really few women (as was already noted here I think ^^).
plus, reading it made me hungry so ... you know where I am :darn
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Battle Wolf is pure win... I wonder how Toriko will go about unleashing his rage? Let's hope the fight will make sense... (unlike some other manga.. ;P)

@Akainu, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about... this manga makes me feel pretty darn hungry at times (and that's pretty hard to do).
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Am I the only one that feels like this arc feels shallow? Maybe it's just the atmosphere of the series. XD
 

Cotek

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I'm not sure I'd consider it shallow considering it's basically been introducing many elemens about the IGO while leading up into the situation with the GT Robo (which is why Toriko is there in the first place).
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

thats tohan. taiyosha had it just out of the general top 10 with both volumes in the shonen top 10....

so it bodes well for the shueisha top 20 at the end of the month
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I finally found the new chapter today. Kind of miss having the thing that linked to new topics for each chapter

Chapter 27
So instead of the knife and fork he is going to use a different style that is like an ice-pick? Neat. I wonder if he modifies his hands to work like any form of utensil. I am in favor of melon baller left and claw cracker right as an ultimate combo
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Nut Cracker Nail Punch FTW
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Chapter 28 discussion:
Terry at last~~ Aww, that was a bit tear-jerking T___T
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The raw didn't come out till Sunday, which makes it hard to fit into my schedule at the moment, so might take a couple days. Unless Shurou wants to do it or something.

But yeah, really cool chapter. This ends this.... Coliseum arc, I guess.
 
Top