Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Sorry guys, I've got finals... hopefully I can translate a few chapters of whatever here and there during the holiday break :3
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I hope Terry becomes a part of Toriko's team.
 

Tensai_Sakuragi

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
68
Reaction score
10
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Toriko is problably one of my favorite Jump mangas already.
Seriously, Shimabukuro just ROCKS at storytelling. :amuse

The Coliseum Arc was fucking cool, man. Loved all the Battle Wolf situation. Pretty touching. :(

Man, maybe it´s just me, but Shimabukuro is amazing at conveying feelings through the eyes of his characters.
In chapter 28, the extreme kindness in Toriko´s eyes towards the little wolf was just so strong and intense...indeed an amazing chapter. ;)
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Man, maybe it´s just me, but Shimabukuro is amazing at conveying feelings through the eyes of his characters.
In chapter 28, the extreme kindness in Toriko´s eyes towards the little wolf was just so strong and intense...indeed an amazing chapter. ;)
I was personally even more moved by Terry's expressions... T______T
 

Tensai_Sakuragi

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
68
Reaction score
10
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I was personally even more moved by Terry's expressions... T______T
Hey, that too. ;)
It´s like Terry thinks Toriko is his pops now or somethin´.
Fucking cute. :darn

Man, this series is getting better by the chapter.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I'm most of the way through translating this chapter.
I'm understanding how the characters talk now a bit more, and getting which sorts a slang and such they use. So it's easier.
This chapter introduces some new guys. And now we'll go into the next arc.

Also, I was trying to see what it would entail trying to upload the previous chapters, apparently there's no way to just upload scans of a group that's dead or was just made up of one guy who scanlated public raws and translations. I put up the chapters 1 and 2 that were done horribly, and I put up the ones done by helzone, which was I think 3, 4, 6 or something. The link to H-scans in the chapters now goes to helzone's site, so I was able to do that. But there are still like 5 chapters that were done by random guys. Plus chapters 1 and 2 were really crappy. The best way to do it would be if Dragoon or some group just re-scanned those chapters. If there are any missing lines, which I think there are in the first 2, just PM me, if anyone wants to do this.
I feel since this manga is only 29 chapters long, we should try to get all the chapters available here so new people can pick it up without having to go to onemanga or somewhere.
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Once again....

NEVER read Toriko when you've gone 8 hours without food and starving... because you'll want to kill yourself looking at all that Gourmet food... x_X;;
 

Hayashida

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 6, 2008
Messages
214
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

another heavenly king yeeeessssssss
this manga owns
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Good chapter. I feel bad for the series because the raws show up so late, and that sets everything back. Onemanga had the Naruto and Bleach chapters from this week up before last week's Toriko.

Toriko needs to avoid getting too close to Terrycloth. I'm not saying take him out back and shooting him, but let the creature develop like it naturally would. Then take it out back and shoot it for food.

That's how the series works
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The raw for a few mangas came out really late this week. Naruto and Bleach came out on time, OP wasn't there this week.
But it didn't come out until Tuesday, then the 2 scans didn't get done for like a couple days later.

I'll tell you guys if I find the volume raws, and I'll upload them.

Next week has "four color pages". So... should be neat.
 
Last edited:

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Once again....

NEVER read Toriko when you've gone 8 hours without food and starving... because you'll want to kill yourself looking at all that Gourmet food... x_X;;
Don't read Yakitate!! Japan either. You'll just want to eat bread. @______@
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

See i think Terrycloth's probably the best addition to Toriko's team yet, adds more depth (much in the same way adding the girl to his aquaintances added some level of depth to the world that acknowledges his brilliance XD)
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The new chapter's cool.
I've got finals so... might take me a few days to translate it.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Take your time. School is more important than our manga fix. I'd do it but I only completed one semester of Japanese so far. =P

Terry is awesome. I hope he fights alongside Toriko. I also can't wait for the four heavenly kings to all meet. I wish there were more though. Four seems too low.
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Hmm, in that case, I think I'll translate it... I'm finally done with this term :D


Trans is up, everybody, enjoy ^^

Me likes this chapter, can't believe I didn't download and read this till today!
 
Last edited:

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Why do I get the feeling this is gonna be the best arc yet? =P
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I have the feeling that the manga is near its end with all the four heavenly kings gathering... it seems as if the author is showing all his weapons and then he'll put an end to it.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I don't think it is about to end. The author wouldn't create such an elaborate world just to end it after four volumes. Besides, this is the first hit that Jump has had in years. I would be very surprised if they didn't "persuade" him to keep going. Besides, they just introduced the antagonists. It won't be over for a long while.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

heck, it's pretty obvious that this series is only jsut getting started, the heavenly kings aren't the objective of the series, Toriko's menu is, amongst other things, and stuff can keep cropping up (like the enemies who use GT robos) to make the story more active and tangential. I think Toriko has a long awesome life ahead of it..... i hope
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yeah. The menu is probably the goal. And defeating the Bishokukai and all.
Next chapter has some sorta extra thing in it with a "scent added" to it. And color pages, should be cool.
 
Top