daman246

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2009
Messages
1,662
Reaction score
400
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

wow gotta say this week the most surprising shounen manga is toriko lol hilarious
 

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I laughed really hard at zombie's fart! XD
A chapter to break the mood... I'm pretty sure things will be serious agian nexxt chapter....
 

obamamania

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
2,483
Reaction score
1,053
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I felt like I was reading Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo during this chapter lol, it was so twisted. But it was pretty good for a transitional chapter, I really really thought it was funny. Too bad this week Toriko basically vanished off the top manga list at mangareader, this was good stuff lol.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

One part of this chapter that I particularly enjoyed was that we got to see one of the top 50 chefs in the world. We already heard that somebody has been targeting high-class chefs, so when the story moves to talk about that we'll recognize her and think it is a cool thing that Shimabukuro remembered her.

Good to know that Terry has continued to power up. She's already at a higher level than almost every person on the island! I hope she is a part of the next arc.
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Could someone link to the G7 silhouette chapter?

Here you go. Bottom left panel.



One part of this chapter that I particularly enjoyed was that we got to see one of the top 50 chefs in the world. We already heard that somebody has been targeting high-class chefs, so when the story moves to talk about that we'll recognize her and think it is a cool thing that Shimabukuro remembered her.
Well, it's odd that we never heard how many stars her restaurant is. We've heard/seen the Chefs who operate a 7 star and an 8 star restaurant. Also, she was a recognized/strong food hunter as well, so she had some physical and fighting strength along with her cooking skills.
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The chapter was funny, especially the end, but now I hope we will move to some serious Arc.:)

Terry really got stronger and it will be great if he participates in the upcoming Arc, cause he may get even stronger. I believe he will be growing with Toriko to finally go to the Gourmet World together.:)

About that Chef and ex-Bishokuya... I believe we'll see her in the future arcs. She should be at least at Toriko's level of strength. She might even be one of those who work in the 0th Biotope.;)

Also that's interesting. Actually we might say that Ichiruy is a bit stronger than Jirou, sinse he got 3 levels better in apple's intimidation.:)
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Also that's interesting. Actually we might say that Ichiruy is a bit stronger than Jirou, sinse he got 3 levels better in apple's intimidation.:)
That was sort of implied, when he was mentioned as the best pupil. That could mean most dedicated... a bunch of other redeeming qualities, or it could be referring to strength as well.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The apples on page 11 and 17 are so cute!! :gigglebunny :XD

A pretty funny chapter, though I hope the story moves on to more meaty stuff soon. It's nice to have laid-back, carefree chapters like this after an arc, but it can get boring if dragged on for too long. Of course that's not to say the chapter is useless, as Apolon and Tsuraramama were introduced. I'm sure this won't be the last we see of them.
 

Lyn685

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
119
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Did anyone else notice that Tsurara-Mama has those metal things on or in her head (and neck) like Mansam?
I wonder what these are for.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Chapter was fun and surprising :rofl
It's not that bad to get chapters like this sometimes, specially if we ended a arc soon ;)
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Funny chapter :rofl especially when you get to know that the IGO president, Jirou and ... got a + ninety level and then suddenly some meaningless character, though a funny one, like zonge same gets an 80 level.

Btw, is it me or is Zonge an homage to Toriyama and Satan of Dragonball. Every time I see Zonge, he somewhat reminds me of Satan. The similarities are spot on
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Funny chapter :rofl especially when you get to know that the IGO president, Jirou and ... got a + ninety level and then suddenly some meaningless character, though a funny one, like zonge same gets an 80 level.

Btw, is it me or is Zonge an homage to Toriyama and Satan of Dragonball. Every time I see Zonge, he somewhat reminds me of Satan. The similarities are spot on
well as the G7 guy said, it's not just about strength so it's excusable. The apples were really funny, laughed a lot at the hilarious faces they made :XD Still as funny as this chapter is, I hope the plot moves forward soon, just because I cannot wait to see more of the "Gourmet World" and the clash with the Bishokukai.

Agreed on Zonge being a replica of Satan, he always reminds me of him. He's weak and yet he can play a significant role like with the tunnel on Ice Hell. Looks like Toriko and Dragonball really share a lot of similarities :ninja
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Really funny chapter indeed! Always nice to have these kind of laid-back chapters from time to time. Even though the chapter was hilarious, it also got some interesting stuff (like lvl 90 apples). Even though the lvl 90 apple doesn't mean to much when Zonge gets a lvl 80 by farting on it x)

I agree with Zonge being a replica of Satan. They're totally alike.
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I've only recently caught up with all the chapters and I must say I'm impressed with the direction of the story thus far. What I enjoy the most is the world building that's top notch and feels like a weird mix between One Piece and HxH. The author has a lot of imagination and does a decent job at creating memorable locales, which is not something you always see for manga in general.

I also enjoy the nostalgia that surrounds the main cast. The main cast reminds of the older days of shounen (e.g. JJBA). The main cast are composed of manly leads, which is a stark and refreshing contrast of a lot of other leading characters in today's works.
 

Drakno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,583
Reaction score
60
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

JJBA was all about Dio Brando, Stajyun is nowhere near the level of epicness Dio achieved through out his life (and afterlife) I mean who liked the 4rth and 5th saga anyway (no complains about the second saga though, it was epic, especially the italian guy with the bubbles and the nazi cyborg). If I wanted to compare the chars of Toriko with an oldschool manga I would have gon with DQ: Dai no Daibouken
 

eclipse12

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
108
Reaction score
11
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I get it he doesn't want the manga to progress to fast so these chapters are to make the manga last longer. These one chapters arcs are also used to show us that there are some ingregents that have to be cooked in a certaint way.
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Well since for some reason Reborn and Bleach get more priority and are I guess more popular with the Mangastream staff and Toriko is on the backburner of Jump series

here is the Chinese raw for chapter 147
 

Dasbones

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
157
Reaction score
35
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Well since for some reason Reborn and Bleach get more priority and are I guess more popular with the Mangastream staff and Toriko is on the backburner of Jump series
Toriko isn't even close to being as popular as it should, I thinks it's one of the best new series I've read in a while.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Toriko isn't even close to being as popular as it should, I thinks it's one of the best new series I've read in a while.
I read Bleach until chapter 270 and Toriko is definitely way better. About Reborn i don't read it, but i hear some comments and none of them are good :p

But Bleach as more fans so it's normal to get out sooner, but the same i can't say about Reborn.
Toriko should definitely be out sooner, but the same i could say about Bakuman for example. I don't quite understand how Beelzebub is out so soon. Compared to these two it is clearly inferior.

I don't have a clue about what's going to happen this chapter, but i predict a start of new arc :zomg
 
Top