Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 392 Discussion / 393 Predictions | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 392 Discussion / 393 Predictions

Kiibou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I too read it like he was attacking her more and more seriously as the fight when on. Did nothing to her. Then she threw out one serious attack to test him out and blow away her allies. Which did nothing to him. A real fight between these two would be something else. Though what we've seen speaks more to Maschenny's strength than it does Jinsung's. She just stood there and neutralized everything he threw at her then let him get close let herself take a direct attack and pretty much laughed it off. And she never pulled out Yellow May either.

What I'm still a little confused about is why she's doing all this. She must have a vested interest in giving Baam and escape route. Does she need another 13 Month series that bad or is this about something else?
Lol. This fight's definitely portraying Jinsung as the superior one here.

from mentioning him as ancient beast to saying herself that he's just so damn strong that a serious shinsoo attack from Maschenny didn't even fazed Jinsung as he took it right on. While Maschenny only took a slap to her chin so far.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol. This fight's definitely portraying Jinsung as the superior one here.

from mentioning him as ancient beast to saying herself that he's just so damn strong that a serious shinsoo attack from Maschenny didn't even fazed Jinsung as he took it right on. While Maschenny only took a slap to her chin so far.
Yeah, she only took one attack because she blocked everything with like one finger and her lightning. Jinsung took one attack but she only attacked one time.

He threw out a bunch of attacks and yet the only one that even landed was the one she wanted to him to get on her so she could talk to him. She controlled that whole engagement throughout.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm split on the subject of Maschenny's loyalty to Zahard or lack thereof.

On the one hand her actions can be read as competitiveness. She wants to increase her status as a princess and getting more 13 month series makes sense as a way to do that. That would frame her as kind of a ruthless, bends the rules for her benefit, type of person.

On the other she's going against a direct order handed down from Zahard. If she really is trying to assist Baam or his group, which it certainly seems like she is, then she's undermining him. That suggest very low loyalty to Zahard provided she's not conning Jinsung here.

Thinking about it there are a lot of possible motives for her to do what she's doing.

• She could be working for Eduan
  • She could be working for Gustang
  • She could be trying to help Yuri
  • She could just want to steal Yuri's 13 months
  • She could have some undisclosed duty or relationship with Aguero
  • She could be leading Jinsung into a trap (maybe Adori will be at the train)
  • She could be like Garam and knows about Arlen and is doing her own thing.
For starters, her subtle killing of Jahad's troops (both by exposing them to Jinsung with poor tactics and by accidentaly hitting them herself) show that she couldn't care less for Jahad and his orders. Her warning shows she cares abt the outcome of the siege on the train. Her entire motivation for going to Jinsung was this, one can at best suggest she chose this way of warning him among many because she thought It would be the 'fun way' to do It.

But Jinsung remarks on her intentional sacrifice of pawns. She is clearly not on Jahad's side. That is no trap for Jinsung, and she didn't do It Just for the kicks either.

It could be rivalry: her bet with Yuri could be hanging on this, or she could have rivals in the attacking team she wanted to dispose of. But that's not in Jahad's best interests, we van clearly see her chosing herself over him when there's a conflict, If she is indeed doing It for Selfish reasons.

Kiibou

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Yeah, she only took one attack because she blocked everything with like one finger and her lightning. Jinsung took one attack but she only attacked one time.

He threw out a bunch of attacks and yet the only one that even landed was the one she wanted to him to get on her so she could talk to him. She controlled that whole engagement throughout.
What she blocked was literally a leg swing from Jinsung. No shinsoo whatsoever. It was to be 'expected' from someone of her caliber.

the main points here that indicates Jinsung being portrayed superior is

1) Maschenny saying that they awoken an Ancient Beast
2) Maschenny herself saying she actually 'seriously' attack him only for it to do absolutely nothing.
3) Maschenny saying he's just too damn strong.

How much more clues do you need?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
What she blocked was literally a leg swing from Jinsung. No shinsoo whatsoever. It was to be 'expected' from someone of her caliber.

2) Maschenny herself saying she actually 'seriously' attack him only for it to do absolutely nothing.

I am not sure the first point really points suggesting jinsung is stronger. I mean, why? What she said there is not really all that special. Pretty much everyone there should have already known that. And if we are going by hype alone, mascheny is a koon princess within the top 100 as well. That is just about as much hype as you can possibly get in the series.

Also, Jinsung used his own reinforcement to attack her, he hit her in her fucking jaw, and mascheny's reaction was just to throw a complement at jinsung. When someone punches you squarely in the jaw the usual reaction is something alone the lines of "blawhrghrbh!" with some teeth crushing sounds. And you'd expect a punch from jinsung of all people would result in instant liquidification or something to that effect considering that as a Ha family member his reinforced fist is one of his strongest assets.

I don't see the series suggesting jinsung is stronger yet. Neither really put so much as a dent on the other. Not to mention neither has drawn weapons and mascheny did not even use redan nor an alternative to it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh? What is this? Suddenly I find myself surrounded by a vast ocean.... And the floor.... is moving? I feel the wind around. A ship? Why am I on a ship? Was I drunk last night? What ship is this? Trying to get a look at the ship's name but its hard to make out from the angle.... "JinsungxMascheny"...
GOD DAMMIT!

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

And the answer to points 1, 2, and 3 are the same. Saying he's strong or a beast in no way an admission that he is stronger that she herself is. Your assumption is not backed up by the information.

He hit her directly with an attack he called Shinsoo piercer. It did nothing. She hit him with one serious attack, albeit one without a name or anything, that similarly did nothing. But from the beginning of this fight he's been fighting and she's just been standing there messing around. We don't have anything conclusive about who's stronger. However Jinsung did put some effort in and Maschenny barely put any in.

So if I have to pick somebody with the advantage I say Maschenny with no hesitation.:catshrug

Oh? What is this? Suddenly I find myself surrounded by a vast ocean.... And the floor.... is moving? I feel the wind around. A ship? Why am I on a ship? Was I drunk last night? What ship is this? Trying to get a look at the ship's name but its hard to make out from the angle.... "JinsungxMascheny"...
GOD DAMMIT!
I... approve of that ship!:verily

Kiibou

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I am not sure the first point really points suggesting jinsung is stronger. I mean, why? What she said there is not really all that special. Pretty much everyone there should have already known that. And if we are going by hype alone, mascheny is a koon princess within the top 100 as well. That is just about as much hype as you can possibly get in the series.

Also, Jinsung used his own reinforcement to attack her, he hit her in her fucking jaw, and mascheny's reaction was just to throw a complement at jinsung. When someone punches you squarely in the jaw the usual reaction is something alone the lines of "blawhrghrbh!" with some teeth crushing sounds. And you'd expect a punch from jinsung of all people would result in instant liquidification or something to that effect considering that as a Ha family member his reinforced fist is one of his strongest assets.

I don't see the series suggesting jinsung is stronger yet. Neither really put so much as a dent on the other. Not to mention neither has drawn weapons and mascheny did not even use redan nor an alternative to it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
GOD DAMMIT!
It came from the mouth of a Koon Direct line+princess?? That's about as much hype as you can get.

She said, "ugh" and proceeds to dodge the next hit. Did you seriously think one punch from Jinsung would vape a top 100 High Ranker or something?

I said his portrayal is superior.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
And the answer to points 1, 2, and 3 are the same. Saying he's strong or a beast in no way an admission that he is stronger that she herself is. Your assumption is not backed up by the information.

He hit her directly with an attack he called Shinsoo piercer. It did nothing. She hit him with one serious attack, albeit one without a name or anything, that similarly did nothing. But from the beginning of this fight he's been fighting and she's just been standing there messing around. We don't have anything conclusive about who's stronger. However Jinsung did put some effort in and Maschenny barely put any in.

So if I have to pick somebody with the advantage I say Maschenny with no hesitation.:catshrug

I... approve of that ship!:verily
I didn't say Jinsung is definitively stronger than Maschenny. All I said is from this fight, we could gather that Jinsung was 'portray' better than Maschenny. From everything from little attacks to dialouge, only Maschenny keeps hyping up Jinsung. Not the other way around.

If it really did nothing she wouldn't have dodge the next hit. And I was talking about the first kick he threw in reply to your point which she block with "1 finger' apparently.

that one attack was admitted by herself that it was a serious attack.

Literally how did you conclude that Jinsung put more effort in than Maschenny? She literally just attacked seriously while Jinsung has not.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It came from the mouth of a Koon Direct line+princess?? That's about as much hype as you can get.

She said, "ugh" and proceeds to dodge the next hit. Did you seriously think one punch from Jinsung would vape a top 100 High Ranker or something?

I said his portrayal is superior.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I didn't say Jinsung is definitively stronger than Maschenny. All I said is from this fight, we could gather that Jinsung was 'portray' better than Maschenny. From everything from little attacks to dialouge, only Maschenny keeps hyping up Jinsung. Not the other way around.

If it really did nothing she wouldn't have dodge the next hit. And I was talking about the first kick he threw in reply to your point which she block with "1 finger' apparently.

Literally how did you conclude that Jinsung put more effort in than Maschenny? She literally just attacked seriously while Jinsung has not.
Of course a punch from jinsung should cause harm. He is from the ha family, their thing is reinforcement and punches (or physical attacks in general). I guess he could have a needle or something but in jinsung's case his punches should still be well more deadly than his wave controller type attacks. I guess he could have a needle or some other weapon but still, a punch from a ha should not be taken lightly.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

A move by move replay of the fight was..

1. He used a Shinsoo control technique called "Red World Water drop" to start. She blocked it.
  2. The kick attack you mentioned. She blocked it.
  3. Then she let out an attack called "Tres Ceumos" which exploded near her allies.
  4. Then he used "physical enhancement" and "Shinsoo Peircer" hitting her in the jaw. Causing no damage.
  5. Then she let out a serious lightening attack at him in order to blind her allies. Causing no damage
  6. Then she let out another not aimed at him in order to keep them blinded.

She's controlled this entire fight. He's attacked her three times pretty seriously. She attacked him once, which was a serious attack, but it was meant to blind her allies. The whole thing played out exactly as she wanted it too.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
A move by move replay of the fight was..

1. He used a Shinsoo control technique called "Red World Water drop" to start. She blocked it.
  2. The kick attack you mentioned. She blocked it.
  3. Then she let out an attack called "Tres Ceumos" which exploded near her allies.
  4. Then he used "physical enhancement" and "Shinsoo Peircer" hitting her in the jaw. Causing no damage.
  5. Then she let out a serious lightening attack at him in order to blind her allies. Causing no damage
  6. Then she let out another not aimed at him in order to keep them blinded.

She's controlled this entire fight. He's attacked her three times pretty seriously. She attacked him once, which was a serious attack, but it was meant to blind her allies. The whole thing played out exactly as she wanted it too.
I don’t know about the punch being serious. He wanted to get close to get answers and he kinda had to make it look real, as did Maschenny, (like Urek when he got “slammed” by Hell Joe though the deception was different there).

I don’t think either of them is breaking a sweat, they are just performing the same dance to fool the other rankers.

Kiibou

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I didn't get the impression that he was portrayed stronger as well, but with her praises it's clear that she can't defeat him easily.

For starters, her subtle killing of Jahad's troops (both by exposing them to Jinsung with poor tactics and by accidentaly hitting them herself) show that she couldn't care less for Jahad and his orders. Her warning shows she cares abt the outcome of the siege on the train. Her entire motivation for going to Jinsung was this, one can at best suggest she chose this way of warning him among many because she thought It would be the 'fun way' to do It.

But Jinsung remarks on her intentional sacrifice of pawns. She is clearly not on Jahad's side. That is no trap for Jinsung, and she didn't do It Just for the kicks either.

It could be rivalry: her bet with Yuri could be hanging on this, or she could have rivals in the attacking team she wanted to dispose of. But that's not in Jahad's best interests, we van clearly see her chosing herself over him when there's a conflict, If she is indeed doing It for Selfish reasons.
Maschenny is a Zahard Princess, they are well known for their arrogance. She not caring about her troops isn't something I consider special, Zahard and most of the Heads probably don't care about foot soldiers like that too. She killed the goons like that so that he would notice that she was her to tell him something. She can be on Zahard's side and still use FUG for her own benefits.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I didn't get the impression that he was portrayed stronger as well, but with her praises it's clear that she can't defeat him easily.

Maschenny is a Zahard Princess, they are well known for their arrogance. She not caring about her troops isn't something I consider special, Zahard and most of the Heads probably don't care about foot soldiers like that too. She killed the goons like that so that he would notice that she was her to tell him something. She can be on Zahard's side and still use FUG for her own benefits.
Possible, but If we consider what's likely, considering the whole picture, considering her shady business (undisclosed yet) with Yuri, and that Data Edwan had a plot to betray Data Jahad, considering as well that she seems loyal to her father up until now, Mascheny put El Robinho in danger purposefully and wants the three orders to fail.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Yep, Maschenny's growing on me. I wonder what she's trying to accomplish. Maybe she secretly harbors a grudge against Jahad but is masking it with false admiration in order to get closer to him.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tbh I think that many of the princesses have more loyalty to their families than they do to Zahard. And probably their relationship with Zahard is about achieving prestige and power for their family. If Zahard is running counter to that then they may rebel in one way or another.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Tbh I think that many of the princesses have more loyalty to their families than they do to Zahard. And probably their relationship with Zahard is about achieving prestige and power for their family. If Zahard is running counter to that then they may rebel in one way or another.
Zahard has countermeasures against Princesses.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zahard has countermeasures against Princesses.
Yes he does. Probably because he has good reason to not trust them completely.

People in the Tower can be punished for going against Zahard but that didn’t stop Yu Hansung from doing what he did nor did it stop Garam.