Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 521 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 20 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 521 Spoilers & Discussion

Jyu viole grace

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
English translated chapter------

Cinera

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
But man, see, this doesn't have to be the only reason, just a spark to create dislike.
  1. The person Gustang is jealous towards is Blossom.
    • She's the love of his life.
  2. Gustang thinks Baam's father is very immoral.
    • Jealousy has little bearing on a condemnation of moral character.

For God's sake, was it just speculation, and you're dragging this
I think it's an obviously wrong and very flawed speculation.

Oh, so you think an entire family of people who "stab the knife in the back" are trustworthy?
Trust is not relevant here. She's simply above the factional struggles, backstabbing and politicking within the Family.

She's someone that's irreplaceable in the Khun Family, even compared to other Princesses. She's their first and only 13 Month Princess.

IF Maschenny had been using anyone out there, couldn't that get out? Or do you think her acting on the sly diminishes your strength? For God's sake, I give up.
Again, I doubt Maschenny needs to hide her involvement in the Nest from the Khun Family.

And using Asensio doesn't help her do that (I repeat that he's a very high profile member).

Leaving aside the Khun Family, the Lo Po Bia are fully aware of her involvement and Yorari treated her as a representative of her Family.

Once again, I think this is a very bad speculation.

PlotArmouredTitan

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I'm not sure, about the last part. I suspect that different actors within the armies have their own degree of loyalty, interests, goals which is understood amongst themselves. Given that context, there is the question of whether any attack on a member within the army is considered an attack against Zahard. I think it may be possible that, given the personal intent behind this attack, it isn't seen as an attack against Zahard or the army in general, but still something which disturbs it. Killing a DivCo, even if not with the intent to weaken/attack the army, would be something that damages the army, so it would not be taken likely. So, I think here, Kallavan is banking on him proving himself worthy to be a DivCo (and stronger than Lybo), as well as Lybo's actions being seen as detrimental towards Zahard's goals. Well, that AND I don't think someone like Kallavan cares that much about dying.
The moment Kallavan sided with fug after the first wall made him a traitor, his reasons not withstanding.

The only way out for him is to kill Lyb, and fix his error by eradicating the entirety of fug at the nest. But even if he manages to kills Lyb, we all know that at least half of fug is getting out alive.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

He simply said that Baam's father is the worst person he's met. That's a moral condemnation, not an indication of animosity.
This sounds a bit weird. I wouldn't say someone is the best person I've met and outright hate his guts.

Turtle hunter

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Yuri outright said that she's a Direct Descendant of the Ha Family.

Because Gustang thinks that Baam's father is a terrible person. He was condemning his moral character.

Thinking someone is a very immoral person has nothing to do with being jealous of them.

Jealousy cannot explain Gustang thinking V is very immoral. More immoral than Bloodmadder (who eats all his descendants), more immoral than Zahard.

The jealousy explanation is not only supremely lazy, it doesn't even explain Gustang's condemnation.

Not really. It means that you think that I'm a very immoral person. It doesn't imply any personal animosity.

It also can't be jealousy either way, because per lore all of Gustang's jealousy was focused on Blossom and she was is the love of his life.

Unless I was saying that she's stronger than Hagi, I never said this. If you think otherwise, provide a quote.

It's "the central power", not "a central power".

That wasn't even my explanation for why Maschenny is the #2 Khun anyways.

And I'm done with you as well, since you're staunchly not reading my posts.

Then why use Regulars at all. Why not use High Rankers from Asensio's faction?

I don't think the explanation makes any sense anyway. Asensio can move independently, but he's also very high profile. The exact opposite of who you would want to involve if you were trying to keep a low profile.

Again, that wasn't my explanation for why she's the second strongest Khun.

That was my explanation for why she doesn't need to hide her actions from the Khun Family.
Honestly i won't bother answering to all , just look at you source , you are twisting them , SIu is saying something and you are twisting them for you narrative .

For example being among the best spear wielder doesn't mean you are just below edhuan in spearmanship , how does it make any sense .

her spearmanship being far above the regular doesnt' mean she is just below her father . How does it make any sense .

Her being the only 13 princess in her family doesn't mean she was the only one in TOG whole history , particulary given the number of princess in history .

You do that , all the time , take sentence and exagerate them .

Hagi right now beside Enne and Adori has the best feats , so putting hagi should be the logical conclusion , given Maschenny lack of feats . Maschenny being behind hagi doesn't mean she is not among the best 13 months princess .....

She could be top 40 or 50 and be among the best jahad princess .

How is maschenny being inferior to maschenny not likely ? DO you have any claim to prove the strenght that you assign her .

Honestly be honest with us , how strong do you think she is ? Do you believe she is enne at adori level ? or just below them ? maybe top 25 ? or at Mirchea level ?

I mean in general you claim make sense , but when it come to maschenny something happen , you either misunderstand SIU quote or over exagerate her strength .

Right now there is nothing that indicate that she is CC or above , anything other than that is pure headcannon and you have NO DIRECT source , claim , or proof that demonstrate that .

You have no fact on data too .

Her best feast is sneaking behind jinsung to penetrate his skin and taking few hits from jinsung , nothing more .

lianecel

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
This is workable, but I have several reservations?
  1. Lyborick is not a protagonist and is instead one of the antagonists of this arc.
    • It's unlikely that he'll have a major character moment around accepting his heritage and fighting as himself.
  2. Lyborick is not fighting a Khun either.
    • Were he facing against a true user of the Lightning Spear techniques, that would be an impetus to abandon his imitation and fight with his real abilities.
    • Kallavan provides no such impetus, and he even acknowledged Lyborick's technique and showed respect for his strength.
    • This is very unlike the situation of Jeok vs Asensio.
  3. Lyborick has been shown to be a very pragmatic and results driven person.
    • Does it really fit his personality to deliberately sabotage himself by shirking his true talents?

If Lyborick is hiding his true abilities, what would cause him to accept his heritage and fight as himself? Or would his true abilities never be shown? Why would a (minor?) villain undergo that kind of development

BTW, Lo Po Bia Ha Satcha also has two surnames.
I think it is clear to Ha satcha, she is from ha family, and thus after become part of 5th squadron, she is injected feline power, and maybe got adopted by lo po bia (well we all know even yas is a n adopted)

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
It still amazes me how quiet Hwa Ryun has been this whole time! Rescuing JH is clearly not her main priority right now lol!

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Honestly i won't bother answering to all , just look at you source , you are twisting them , SIu is saying something and you are twisting them for you narrative .

For example being among the best spear wielder doesn't mean you are just below edhuan in spearmanship , how does it make any sense .
The technique she invented is considered one of the ultimate spear techniques

Among all the spear techniques in the Tower, it's of the highest class.

There is no spear technique above it (except potentially Eduan's).

her spearmanship being far above the regular doesnt' mean she is just below her father . How does it make any sense .
SIU did not say that her spearmanship isn't far above Regulars. He said that her spear technique is vastly beyond the usual High Ranker's spear technique.

And then went on to say that only her can use her spear technique so proficiently.

That is she's on another level entirely from every other practicioner of an ultimate spear technique.

Maschenny Zahard's spearmanship > MSLS ~ other ultimate spear techniques.

Her being the only 13 princess in her family doesn't mean she was the only one in TOG whole history , particulary given the number of princess in history .
No it does. SIU said that she's the only Princess in her Family that has been given a 13 Month Weapon. None of the Great Families have more than one 13 Month Princess.

Saying "Maschenny is the only 13 Month Princess currently in the Khun Family" makes no sense as each Great Family has at most one 13 Month Princess.

SIU said that she's the only Princess from the Khun Family to have been given a 13 Month Weapon. You just choose to deny it for whatever reason.

Hagi right now beside Enne and Adori has the best feats , so putting hagi should be the logical conclusion , given Maschenny lack of feats . Maschenny being behind hagi doesn't mean she is not among the best 13 months princess .....
It does actually. Maschenny is one of the most powerful 13 Month Princesses and there are only 8 of them. So no, she can't be placed behind Hagipherione.

Furthermore, Hagipherione doesn't have any feats as a High Ranker.

How is maschenny being inferior to maschenny not likely ? DO you have any claim to prove the strenght that you assign her .
She's one of the most powerful out of 8:

If she was significantly weaker than Hagipherione, then that statement would not be true, as she would be at most #4.

Honestly be honest with us , how strong do you think she is ? Do you believe she is enne at adori level ? or just below them ? maybe top 25 ? or at Mirchea level ?
I think Maschenny is in the strongest tier of Princess after Adori and Enne.

I'm not sure where that cashes out to, but somewhere in the Top 50.

I mean in general you claim make sense , but when it come to maschenny something happen , you either misunderstand SIU quote or over exagerate her strength .
You are the one that is refusing to accept what SIU has said about her. See your refusal to accept that she's the only 13 Month Princess ever from the Khun Family.

No Great Family has more than one 13 Month Princess, so SIU is never going to say that Maschenny is currently the only 13 Month Princess in the Khun Family.

SIU saying that Maschenny is the only Princess from the Khun Family to receive a 13 Month Weapon, means that she's the only one in its history.

No other interpretation makes sense.

You do the same distortion for other statements SIU has made.

Right now there is nothing that indicate that she is CC or above , anything other than that is pure headcannon and you have NO DIRECT source , claim , or proof that demonstrate that .

You have no fact on data too .

Her best feast is sneaking behind jinsung to penetrate his skin and taking few hits from jinsung , nothing more .
Being one of the most powerful 13 Month Princesses is irrevocable proof that she's well beyond the CC class.

Kallavan acknowledged that Lyborick was a Corps Commander tier character simply because Lyborick was able to catch up with the firepower of the Lightning Spear technique.

The Maschenny Style Lightning Spear is considerably superior to the general Lightning Spear technique that Lyborick managed to catch up to.

And Maschenny Zahard's spearmanship is vastly beyond the spearmanship of usual High Rankers.

If Lyborick could reach Corps Commander tier with a cheap imitation of an ordinary Lightning Spear technique, then the gap between Maschenny and CC tier is even bigger than I thought.

Last edited:

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Lyborick's lack of lightning spear implies he didn't inherit abilities from teh Khun daddy. His green eyes also give it away. Khun genes which grant special abilities (lightning spear) are recessive. His mother's DNA (green eyes) is dominant.

Lyborick is more of a bastard son, like Jon Snow.

Strange disembodied voice - calling to Bam. Another thorn fragment? Yama's father?

If there was a clue dropped on what Lo Po Bia concealed in his suspendium, I missed it. The only thing I remember being secured in there is valuable eggs of rare and powerful LPB creatures.

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
It still amazes me how quiet Hwa Ryun has been this whole time! Rescuing JH is clearly not her main priority right now lol!
They are doing all this in order to rescue Jinsung.

I think it is clear to Ha satcha, she is from ha family, and thus after become part of 5th squadron, she is injected feline power, and maybe got adopted by lo po bia (well we all know even yas is a n adopted)
I don't disagree, but her naming scheme doesn't follow Lyborick's, and her birth Family ("Ha") comes second (because her primary Family is now the Lo Po Bia).

If Lyborick's birth Family is the Po Bidau and he abandoned them for the Khun, then shouldn't his primary Family name be "Khun"?

Lyborick's lack of lightning spear implies he didn't inherit abilities from teh Khun daddy. His green eyes also give it away. Khun genes which grant special abilities (lightning spear) are recessive. His mother's DNA (green eyes) is dominant.

Lyborick is more of a bastard son, like Jon Snow.
Lyborick inherited the electric shinsu attribute, but he's unable to manifest the spear shape. He may have simply failed the genetic lottery.

This sounds a bit weird. I wouldn't say someone is the best person I've met and outright hate his guts.
Gustang said that Baam's father is the worst person he's met. He may hate him, but being jealous of him doesn't even begin to explain thinking that Baam's father has such poor moral character.

The target of Gustang's jealousy is the love of his life (Blossom).

The only way out for him is to kill Lyb, and fix his error by eradicating the entirety of fug at the nest. But even if he manages to kills Lyb, we all know that at least half of fug is getting out alive.
Killing Lyborick would torpedo the three-way alliance between the Khun Family, the Lo Po Bia Family and the Zahard Army. It screws the Army over so badly.

They aren't going to forgive him for that.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Am I the only one that thinks that THIS is the Mascheny style Lightning spear creator?

I know Lightning comes from Edwan, so it is natural to think they inherited Lightning element only from him. But there can be two blond people mating can't they? It would make sense for me if they were both the same atribute, resulting in even more talented Offspring. And also, that the Lightning style spear could be the mother's trait, her own skill, that drew attention from Edwan.

This is supported by:

A)only Mascheny lineage people can hope to perform it, not other Edwan's children.

B) Ran isn't Mascheny Jahad's son, he is Mascheny Senior's son, and he can use this skill too (although badly).

I think it might be their mother the true Mascheny Style Lightning Spear user and not Mascheny Jahad. She could have the same limitations of every other person regarding the complete usability of that skill, although being Mas Senior's DD, she should be second best in it.

---

On another topic: Bam just pushed away an attack by a DD of Traumerei. He is in a tiny snake state, which I suppose is due to his fight with Secret Garden in the past. Is he the one that was "killed"? Is he weakened in this form? Is Bam now on par with a DD? What does it mean if he is?

lazybum

Reaction score
Country
France
I think Maschenny Jahad was so talented that she managed to draw power her mother never knew she had, and invented her Maschenny style.

Seeing that other Khun can't use the Maschenny style, it must be something to do with Maschenny's blood, and if other Maschenny (Ran) besides Maschenny Jahad can use the Maschenny style, then Khun Maschenny's blood is the source of that power. Maschenny Jahad was able to tap on that power, refine it into a style. Now other Maschenny from Khun Maschenny's line can learn and use it, or something like that.

hblock

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
A)only Mascheny lineage people can hope to perform it, not other Edwan's children.
Only Maschenny lineage can perform the "Maschenny style" lightening spear, implying that other Lightening spear styles exist.

Theorist05

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Uganda
Hey everyone should go and subscribe to dr Bonehead on YouTube get him to 100,000 subscribers🙏

Those on the pic are likely Indigo July (orb), Golden November (ring) and white february (scepter).
The 13 month series are weapons a ring isn’t a weapon

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Am I the only one that thinks that THIS is the Mascheny style Lightning spear creator?

I know Lightning comes from Edwan, so it is natural to think they inherited Lightning element only from him. But there can be two blond people mating can't they? It would make sense for me if they were both the same atribute, resulting in even more talented Offspring. And also, that the Lightning style spear could be the mother's trait, her own skill, that drew attention from Edwan.

This is supported by:

B) Ran isn't Mascheny Jahad's son, he is Mascheny Senior's son, and he can use this skill too (although badly).

I think it might be their mother the true Mascheny Style Lightning Spear user and not Mascheny Jahad. She could have the same limitations of every other person regarding the complete usability of that skill, although being Mas Senior's DD, she should be second best in it.
SIU said otherwise:

Season 2 Chapter 47 Blog Post
SIU said:
The Maschenny-style Lightning Spear technique that Ran uses is a Lightning Style technique invented by Maschenny Jahad, who made an appearance a while ago.

It’s a technique that turns Shinsu into a spear, so it grants the advantage of being able to take the Spear Bearer position without being armed with spears.

(Compared to ordinary shinsoo manipulation techniques, Lightning Spear techniques are much faster and have higher accuracy.)

As it allows one to participate in both short and long-range battles, it is considered to be one of the ‘ultimate spear techniques’.

The Maschenny-style Lightning Spear technique is only passed down in Maschenny's branch of the Khun Family,
(in Ran's case, due to the Lightning Spear technique,
his ranking as a Spear Bearer is higher than his ranking as a Fisherman.)

However, after becoming a Ranker,
it is very difficult to take on the role of a professional Spear Bearer with the Lightening Spear technique alone.
(Because the level of other Spear Bearers become that much higher)

So later on, they're used more as a support role in close-range battles...

In Maschenny Zahard’s case, her lightning Spear technique is faaaaar stronger than a usual High Ranker’s spear technique.

In other words, if you have Maschenny on your team,
it's the same thing as having another High Ranker-level Spear Bearer on your Team.

Of course, the only person who can use the Maschenny-style Lightning Spear technique so proficiently is Maschenny Zahard herself ^^;
Source

The main takeaways:
  1. Maschenny Zahard is the inventor of MSLS.
    • MSLS is considered to be one of the "ultimate spear techniques".
  2. Maschenny Zahard's spear technique is vastly stronger than the spear technique of the usual High Ranker.
  3. Only Maschenny Zahard can wield MSLS to its full potential.

And no, Ran does not use MSLS badly, he's a genuine Maschenny and can wield it properly. In fact, SIU said that the imitations of the Maschenny Style Lightning Spears are limited unlike Ran's technique.

Season 2 Episode 199 Blog Post
To add to my last week’s exposition,
Maschenny-style electric spears can only be used by Maschenny’s children.
[TN: Khun Maschenny, the mother of both Ran and Maschenny Jahad]

There are spells that copy it similarly,
but unlike Ran’s, they don’t have the same effect like the Lightning Pill

Since they’re forcibly mimicked, they got a limit unlike that of Ran’s.
Source

Maschenny Zahard is just on another level entirely from all other Lightning Spear Bearers.

In fact, there's no actual indication that Khun Maschenny can use the Maschenny Style Lightning Spear. SIU said that only her children can use the technique. He never said that she is herself capable of it.

The restriction to her children suggests that she is incapable of it.

Last edited:

Merrie

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
---

On another topic: Bam just pushed away an attack by a DD of Traumerei. He is in a tiny snake state, which I suppose is due to his fight with Secret Garden in the past. Is he the one that was "killed"? Is he weakened in this form? Is Bam now on par with a DD? What does it mean if he is?
I don't think it really means something with him being a DD because SIU said that while DD's are often gifted, they aren't always better. Sure he could probably be strong compared to the other Lo Po Bia's who may or may not have some LPB genes in them (given that Troymerai has some weird genetic shiz going on and has some people like Yasratcha who came from somewhere else) but he may not be as comparable to ones who are the children of two Warriors like Bam or Enne because it's like winning a genetic lottery.

At best, since the person is a branch leader/branch leader candidate, it may be safe to say Bam is more than a Ranker level and has power that can be compared to someone who may qualify as a branch leader candidate. If Orari/Yorari is the 8th son controlling the snake, he (Bam) may be around with the older generations..then again he already kinda is with White (who's kinda ancient).

Strange disembodied voice - calling to Bam. Another thorn fragment? Yama's father?

If there was a clue dropped on what Lo Po Bia concealed in his suspendium, I missed it. The only thing I remember being secured in there is valuable eggs of rare and powerful LPB creatures.
I don't think it's a person since only Bam can hear it, Aria and AA doesn't seem to hear something. I think it could be like Wangnan's talking sword which also have something that it wants from Wangnan (killing someone specific I guess) and lending them power. If not a weapon, could be a beast or whatever Shinheuh LPB had in there. Just speculation though.

Last edited:

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
He was just possessing the little snake. The big snake still exists, but it's outside the Frozen Waterfall:

I think Maschenny Jahad was so talented that she managed to draw power her mother never knew she had, and invented her Maschenny style.

Seeing that other Khun can't use the Maschenny style, it must be something to do with Maschenny's blood, and if other Maschenny (Ran) besides Maschenny Jahad can use the Maschenny style, then Khun Maschenny's blood is the source of that power. Maschenny Jahad was able to tap on that power, refine it into a style. Now other Maschenny from Khun Maschenny's line can learn and use it, or something like that.
Yeah, this makes sense.

The Maschenny bloodline is the catalyst for the Maschenny style to be born. Though it was never said that Khun Maschenny can use the technique (it was said that only her children can use the technique).

It may be something that is only possible through the union of the Khun Maschenny and Khun Eduan's genes.

Says who? Why can't it just be an item that boosts shinsu.

Last edited:

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hey everyone should go and subscribe to dr Bonehead on YouTube get him to 100,000 subscribers🙏

Well, an orb Isn't supposed to be a weapon either. But it is.

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
lyb infused spear with electrical shinsu..
For me he can be a great spear bearer better than that ones who can create one with shinsu.

1: he’s pretty old.
2: discipline surpasses talent if he was training during all these years may be much stronger than those with talent to create spears with shinsu.

Fact: Kallavan developed a stronger body than most Ha, with training and discipline, ok he has EoB but in order to use it he first had to train his body to be able to use it properly, remember when HJ found him after thousands of years Kallavan was training his body and mind.
Talent just mean you can learn faster.

Even edhan khun has a main weapon and we know that infused with Electrical shinsu to fight too.

im not saying is a little thing be talented to create one with pure shinsu but for me this kind no neccesary the strongest spear bearers in tog.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I guess there are no debates without assumptions, I don't mind seeing them anymore lol

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
lyb infused spear with electrical shinsu..
For me he can be a great spear bearer better than that ones who can create one with shinsu.

1: he’s pretty old.
2: discipline surpasses talent if he was training during all these years may be much stronger than those with talent to create spears with shinsu.

Fact: Kallavan developed a stronger body than most Ha, with training and discipline, ok he has EoB but in order to use it he first had to train his body to be able to use it properly, remember when HJ found him after thousands of years Kallavan was training his body and mind.

Even edhan khun has a main weapon and we know that infused with Electrical shinsu to fight too.

im not saying is a little thing be talented to create one with pure shinsu but for me this kind no neccesary the strongest spear bearers in tog.

I guess there are no debates without assumptions, I don't mind seeing them anymore lol
False, his electric shinsu is weak! Kallavan grabbed the spear without any harm.

Guided javelin/spear could be a guided missile the electric shinsu is only for disguise!

Big-Bird

Reaction score
Country
French Guiana

The series disagrees with you on this
In Tog talent prevails. If you don't have the predisposition then it sucks to be you.
Talent means you can learn faster and with more leeway too.

Kallavan is a bad example because as you say he used EOB (that's cheating) and the Ha are not tanks they are martial artists, their tankiness is a byproduct of that, they are not Hendo lok physical version. a better example would be a random guy who with training becomes better than an Arie/Eurassia of equivalent level on their field