Support Troubleshooting and Tech Support

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, yet another inconvenience but not so minor this time around: My space bar, enter, backslash and bakcspace keys are not working properly for some reason. What happens in this: When I start my computer they are basically unresponsive. After pressing them for a while they start working normally although if I stop using them for a bit they become unresponsive again. I have tried basically every suggestion in the first page in google regarding the issue but none have provided a permanent solution so far. These include:

1.- Updating the keyboard's firmware
2.- Uninstalling the keyboard 's firmware and restarting the computer.
3.- Turning off hotkeys and whatnot (from holding shift 8 seconds).

Any ideas of something else I can try? It doesn't look like it is a hardware issue considering there are times it works pretty much perfectly. Such as when writing this post.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ok, here is another one:

Say I have a column with a few hundred rows with numbers like '09837567363001. I have changed the cell's format to text. I use the find and replace function to get rid of the apostrophe. And then in spite of the cell having a text format the number appears as a scientific number. As in 1.1111 E^10 or something.

Now here is what I need (why I need it this way is not important, it just has to be that way): I need to get rid of the apostrophe while keeping that 0 to the left and the number must not be shown in scientific format. I also can't use excel's format option. I tried setting a custom format as "000000000000" so that a zero would be shown to the left but that is only a cosmetic change hence it doesn't work. Any ideas?
I assume this problem was solved? What was it if so?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I assume this problem was solved? What was it if so?
The keyboard thing turned out to be a hardware issue. I am getting some spare parts for that. Probably getting the repairs done in january but until that I am using the cheapest keyboard I could buy. It sucks but it's what I got for the time being.

Had to do the excel thing manually unfortunately. It's a pain but its doable.

Charlie

Passive Agro GoT Hater =3=/
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You can probably get a 10 buck key these days, no?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You can probably get a 10 buck key these days, no?
That's literally what I got. But it feels really awful. I actually regret not spending 5 extra bucks on a keyboard that doesn't feel that wrong. It's weird to think of how wrong a keyboard can fell....

Charlie

Reaction score
Country
United States
True those cheap ones are mostly for quick fix, 15 to 20 can get you a decent one.

Darky

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
Hi, is there anyone who could help me with a windows installer issue?
Basically, when I save something in my documents or go in my documents, an error message of Windows installer pops up saying I don't have a composant or a file is missing.

Charlie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmm how long has this been happening? Try the system restore option?
I haven't done anything like this in a long whiles but if you have a cd of the os i think you can also repair or some of the damaged files. (memory might be of off on this though~)

Darky

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
A month ago I guess. What's this system restore option ?

Charlie

Reaction score
Country
United States
A month ago I guess. What's this system restore option ?
System restore is a function on windows that lets you go "back" to a saved point in the computer. Which you can use to restore your pc to the state it was in from that saved point. Usually restoring the pc to the functionality it had, lets say a month ago.

1. Hopefully you have a saved point from some time before the issue.
If that does not work, try this option.
Be sure to back up any data you need, just in case something is lost.