1. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  2. It's that time of the year again! The seventh annual MangaHelpers Community Awards are here. Click HERE to join in the fun and nominate your choices!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. The nomination round has ended and the first round of voting begins now. Click HERE to begin voting!
  5. The fourth voting round is here! Vote for your favorite Manga now!
  6. Congratulations Kappa123 for winning the Pets Coloring contest!, and well done to the other participants!.

New Week, New Contest!
    Grab your camera! The theme is Friends Photography.

Voting has begun for the Survival Poem contest!.
  7. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Support Troubleshooting and Tech Support

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by goldb, Feb 20, 2007.

1. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    Not immediately... I don't intend on buying a new router just yet.

That seems a bit old timey.. They mention windows 95. My computer has windows 10 and in my router settings I didn't even find the wan setting they mention.

2. Styx

Styx Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Holy Britannian Empire
    Sounds like flood protection or something. What router do you have, and can you log into it?

3. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    I can log into it. It's a Cisco.

4. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    Alright, that's good news.

I have some things you can try, but what is the model number of the Cisco? It can help lead to options that could be causing the issue (though it might be a 871W). Each router has different options, restrictions, bugs or issues etc. Knowing specifically what router model it is can help me determine some options to give you to try. For example, it could be as easy as changing your router channel (some channels are specifically designed to overlap with neighboring connections, weakening your connection, especially if you are in a densely populated residency) or by disabling power saving options or WMM. Heck, it could even be that you need a driver for your wireless card/chip from your motherboard or device manufacturer.

You can usually find router model numbers on the back. If it doesn't give an actual name, it should give a string of numbers after "Cisco". That's what I'll need. :)

5. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

Akatsuki
    Did you try restarting your computer? And your router?

6. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    Ah, I just had a chance to do this thing. It's a linksys E1500. I don't think it is a connection like that. When I plug in my computer to the internet directly rather than use wifi it works perfectly.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2017, Original Post Date: Oct 7, 2017 ---
    Welp, fixed the fucking thing. Turns out it needed a firmware update, it hadn't been updated probably every. Didn't know updates had to be done manually. It is possible it wasn't the firmware update but rather the accompanying reboot though..

Pat likes this.
  7. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    Oh wow, the ISP wasn't updating them? Usually they have server downtime to issue the updates themselves. Was it a beta update?

I'm glad you fixed it though! Slow internet is worse than no internet. :tem