- Joined
- Mar 19, 2007
- Messages
- 4,697
- Reaction score
- 421
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
If Clinton and Obama continue down this dangerous path, Edwards would be the man to beat. 



I don't think Edwards will overtake either of the top two frontrunners. Perhaps in South Carolina since it's his home state, but even that is doubtful. I watched the debate, and it seemed like Edwards was trying to play Obama of Clinton and vice-versa, but in the end it looked more like he was helping out Clinton go after Obama.And if Edwards becomes the person to beat. Maybe the Republicans wll stand a chance.
Speaking of the Republicans. Huckerbee is the most charismatic out of all of them. I think no matter who gets nominated they're gonna include Huckerbee as Vice-President. With him on your team you got a great chance to win if your a republican.
From my personal experience in politics, the Clinton’s are playing with fire and if they are not careful the Democratic Party would not win on Election Day.@ Lord Hokage
How would a Republican win? Sure there is some infighting right now in the primaries, but once it's over and all (or a good majority) of the Dems are backing one candidate, then they will turn their attention to the Republican candidates and take them out with relative ease. The last eight years of GW's term have provided plenty of fodder for taking down the Republican candidates. Also, the Republican party is completely splintered, much more than the Democrats. Plus, with Bloomberg considering an independent run, he'll take all of the fiscal conservatives while the evangelicals go with whoever the Republican is. Throw in the "Ron Paul Revolution" who will probably go independent once he figures out that he'll never get the nomination from the Republican party, we're looking at a complete conservative meltdown. Heck, a lot of the Republican candidates have gotten to where they are right now by either pretending to be Reagan (Thompson, who just dropped out) or by bashing Hillary Clinton. The Democrats haven't even started to go after any of the Republican candidates.

I agree. If Clinton wins nomination, she would lose the election if Obama is not her Vice President.IMO, the Republicans would be total idiots to put Huckabee into the VP seat or nominate him for the presidency. I think it'll come down to Florida. If McCain or Romney wins in Florida, the other candidate is finished.
If it becomes a McCain vs. Hillary race, I think Hillary would lose. On the other hand, I think Hillary would have a good shot if she ran against Romney. I think Hillary would be the hardest sell to the voters compared to Obama or Edwards given her past record, and the fact that she's hated by many diehard conservatives, not to mention some independents.
I think Hillary has the nomination won though (much to my disappointment). Obama will win in South Carolina, and Hillary will win the bucketful of delegates in Florida. After Florida, it's over for Obama. The Clinton political machine is just too big for him.
BUT if Obama manages to win the nomination, I'd say that the Democrats will probably win the election. Obama appeals to many independents as well as some conservatives. He also has a clean record compared to Billary. Not to mention that he's extremely charismatic.

Thats exactly why he wont win the nomination, but people will want him on their campaign as Vice-President.As for the Republicans, sure Huckabee is charismatic, but he isn't up-to-date on foreign policy, he isn't very knowledgeable on constitutional law, in short... he's not in the loop, to put it mildly. He might be decent at bringing in the Evangelical vote, but other than that he isn't worth much.

Well, with the pending recession, people might go with Republicans because of their reputation for holding up the "economy". Hopefully people will recognize that many of the economic woes we are suffering from are the result of Republican policies (well not Republican policies... there are good Republicans who do believe in libertarian policies of free trade... I'm more referring to no bid contracts, increased corporate power, etc... which have been put in place by Dick Cheney's cronies. In all honesty I think GW Bush is a good man, he just doesn't have control of his White House and shouldn't be in politics. Dick Cheney, on the other hand...) Hopefully people will find the link and go with the Democrats.Thats exactly why he wont win the nomination, but people will want him on their campaign as Vice-President.
Since all hes gonna get to do is wait for the president to die...
@Lord Hokage: People want change and I dont see how they would stick with the same party that has brought the country down in so many ways.
I think most people know that the Democrats are going to win...We just need to enlight the other few that are still gonna vote for Republicans.![]()
Lol I don't think many people share your viewIn all honesty I think GW Bush is a good man,
UPDATE:
Results of the SC Primary is in! Obama destroys the opposition, getting over 50% of the vote.
Also, did anyone know that Rudy Guiliani has won fewer delegates than Ron Paul? I found that amusing.
As established and respected he may or may not be, he's still at least partially responsible for a girl drowning. But I guess that discussion is for another topic.


You can if you are the Patriots....freakin' Tom Brady...Rudy Giuliani made a bad call. You can’t skip the playoffs and head straight to the super bowl.![]()
Lol, they really never tried the whole season...You can if you are the Patriots....freakin' Tom Brady...
Yup Edwards is dropping out today...I can believe Obama and Clinton took everyone out...Edwards and Guiliani are set to drop out, so it's going down to two-people races (I'm not counting Huckabee and Paul on the Republican side...they should have dropped a while ago.)
Rudy is no Tom Brady.You can if you are the Patriots....freakin' Tom Brady...
