Jdmp53

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2018
Messages
912
Reaction score
1,228
Age
28
Country
Gotei 13
Nanatsu no Taizai v38 + Inside


scanned by me
I noticed that all the spine arts in volumes are a big panel cut into pieces and that purple thing everyone was talking about was
Wild..
 

Jdmp53

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2018
Messages
912
Reaction score
1,228
Age
28
Country
Gotei 13
Is volume 40 the end of story and 41 volume a bonus or something?
Could you please tell us more about it dear @FKS ?
i think 41 is going to be something like power levels or epilogue or something..
 

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
3,450
Reaction score
16,959
Gender
Male
Country
France
I think the story will go on to 41 volumes.

"Bringing this up a little early but we're having a really hard time deciding to make a supplement or a book for the special editions of Vol40 and 41. The editors are, that is."

Who decided the manga'd stop at Vol40?
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Who decided the manga'd stop at Vol40?
Apparently Nakaba himself said it last year

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Probably he couldn't end the story in 40 volumes if it goes to volume 41.
 

GreedHunt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2018
Messages
218
Reaction score
375
Age
27
Country
Spain
damn..is it too much to ask for a full grown winged king on volume cover...😥
I mean... I wouldn't expect it unless he gets mayor focus again or we get a group picture of the Sins. Latest events have all been around Escanor and Zeldris so it's obvious one of them would be on the cover (and Zel was int the previous one).

I would have preferred to see The One Ultimate tho
 

LYEL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2017
Messages
706
Reaction score
1,470
Country
Brazil
Escanor had his gaiden in vol. 39 and Meliodas + Merlin are key factors in his background so the reason for them to be in the cover with him. Last volume will probably be all the sins as the cover or Meliodas and Beth. My bet are the sins.
Merlin gaiden imo is coming as extra in the last volume because there's almost zero time for this now.
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Damn, my boi Escanor is looking really good in this cover. I would have wished to see The One Ultimate in color, but I guess this is fine too. Cool cover.
 

BurlapJack

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2018
Messages
2,045
Reaction score
3,997
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Merlin gained some weight

Gluttony finally setting in
 
Last edited:

shipleyy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
806
Reaction score
3,258
Country
United States
I like this cover. It’s not the best, but I feel like this one is best suited for the volumes that are in it out of any of the other possible characters being on here.

It would have been cool to get the Demon King on a cover, but it’s far past the point of that being appropriately timed IMO.
 

GreedHunt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2018
Messages
218
Reaction score
375
Age
27
Country
Spain
Exactly. It's the third time the One appears on a cover, but as long as there is Escanor, even his night form, it's enough for me to love it.
Oh, the third one? I thought we had only seem him once. I really want to see the form animated.

Speaking of DK, if he really does have a blonde beard like the one showed in the column of the latest column, I wonder why he had a dark one when he recovered his youth. And I just realized that I really want to see his full body in color, too.

Now I just can't wait to see the column photo. Last time I was gravely mistaken, and my false hope made me see things. But now it's time for another false hope lol. HKs, SDS, 10C, 4AAs, pets, Masters and Sinner, lesser angels and demons, and the DK are all there. The only character who has yet to appear is SD. Purple thingy was not her, but there is still room for her. At least three until volume 41.
If she is really going to appear, she really does need to be in this one in one way or another. Trough I don't think we are missing any important character that could be in hera place, right?
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Wait, what is this? Is this supposed to be how the DK was originally meant to look? He looks incredibly similar to that Mel shadow.
 

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
3,450
Reaction score
16,959
Gender
Male
Country
France
TL:
Pic 2:
Let's go, mom!! To defeat the Demon King with our pig's trotters!!!

Pic 3:
Top: "The Seven Deadly Sins" designs I
Next to the DK: He's slightly taller than Ban
Same: He is lacking pupils
Top of arrow: Body
Box: These are rough sketches of the Demon King born after taking possession of Zeldris' vessel.
The editors laughed A, B and C off as weak-looking. Sure, B doesn't look cool, C has the airs of a clown so that's understandable. But!! I, as an author, liked A. That's why I swore I'd give it an appearance as a strong Demon someday.

Pic 4:
Top: "The Seven Deadly Sins" designs II
Next to head: His eyes are black
Below another head: Simple
Next to beard: Demon King + Zeldris
Box: This is the continuation of th Demon King rough sketches.
I made D outrageous, and aside from that, I tried to coexist his strength and his creepiness and just made traces of hardships visible.
E resembled the Original Demon so it's rejected.
I like G which I drew imagining his form as Cernunnos (the god with deer antlers) the same way as A so I might bring him somewhere in the story(?).

Pic 5:
Top: "The Seven Deadly Sins" designs III
Box: Demon King's final rough sketches.
I designed him with the emphase put on the vessel Zeldris more than on his creepiness. If only Zeldris had become a young man (I wonder how many years it'd take him...) and in his prime... That might have been because the younger silhouette the DK probably also had at the same time overlapped with his.
Unlike Meliodas who kept opposing him in the mental realm, the body has been greatly encroached so you could say the Demon King's body appears more pronounced.
 
Top