Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Sheesh.... and people complain about MHA's pace. I actually don't mind filler scenes or extensions, I usually consider some filler stuff things that the manga couldn't add. That's why I'm enjoying MHA's and Boruto's filler scenes/extensions alot right now
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It's monday in Japan which means the new issue is out

In U19 newest chapter the mc oneshotted the entire adult army, meanwhile Poro had its darkest chapter so far, Samon boss fight is approaching its ends, and Sumo 3/5 of matches are done

also this



Totally called Magmel return from hiatus a couple of days ago
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I have a question cause I recently watched the scene of Rejiu sucking out the poison from Luffy, isn't OP currently in that same arc? Is the anime going on hiatus or filler soon? I don't follow either the anime or manga consciously anymore but that clip came up in my youtube recommendations and it "looked" interesting enough to click on so I did
OP could have a filler during the current arc. Although, the current arc is approaching its climax pretty soon.

Next week the main antagonist will make her debut according to Oda, so I don't think the anime will have a filler anytime soon.
 

RubyR91

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2015
Messages
126
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
It's monday in Japan which means the new issue is out

In U19 newest chapter the mc oneshotted the entire adult army, meanwhile Poro had its darkest chapter so far, Samon boss fight is approaching its ends, and Sumo 3/5 of matches are done

also this



Totally called Magmel return from hiatus a couple of days ago
You've brought up this series a few times. How is it?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
when Jump announced its 6 new manga round Jump Plus announced 8 new manga

Ao no Flag (doing well)
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai (doing well)
Route End (doing well)
Macho Gourmet (doing well)
Forward! Amateur Jump Expedition Party (editors commentary on how to make jump manga, not going anywhere)
Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae Dake ka yo (light novel adaptation, not going anywhere)
Inochi wo Waketa Kimi to, Jinsei Saigo no Yume wo Miru (Karada Sagashi author new work, will probably be just as successful)
Shuukyoku Engage (Fire Punch's successor, shock factor manga, popular on Japanese social media)

their big serialization round seems to be doing better than the main magazine
apparently this series have been suspended because some feminists got angry and complained about sexual harassment

https://shonenjumpplus.com/article/entry/heppoko_03

kek, it's shows how much I know about the industry

You've brought up this series a few times. How is it?
It's a fantasy adventure manhua inspired by hunterxhunter, Togashi himself even recommended it it

it's pretty entertaining imo
A grave disappointment with with some of the most heavy handed and clunky writing ever seen.
I think he's talking about Magmel not U19
 

RubyR91

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2015
Messages
126
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Yea I should of specified better, I was talking about Magmel, my bad. Interesting that Togashi recommended it, I think ill give it a try.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
That's cool that Togashi recommended it. I just read the summary and it seems interesting enough. I should check it ou-

Oh.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
you want to get butthurt even more?

the manga was on hiatus for 10 months

not a single chapter was released to catch up with Japan during that period
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
It's monday in Japan which means the new issue is out

In U19 newest chapter the mc oneshotted the entire adult army, meanwhile Poro had its darkest chapter so far, Samon boss fight is approaching its ends, and Sumo 3/5 of matches are done

also this



Totally called Magmel return from hiatus a couple of days ago
Geez. Guess the next serialization round will start around Issue 24 or 25
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Posuka continues to post arts on twitter almost everyday, now I want the 2nd artbook NOW!! My artbook should be arrive sometime this year :s.

Also, one of the tweet says there is an emergency reprint, from the picture it looks like it's volume 3.
 

justanotherone

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
101
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
If there's anything I'm not looking forward to is the eventual ship wars that will start again with Sumire and Sarada, it'll happen cause it always happens
Shippers can be crazy alright but this will happen if Pierrot or who's doing the manga will keep fueling it too. From what I saw there's already some teasing in the manga with Sarada (and next episode preview) and yeah the class rep seems to have a crush on Boruto already... now my point is... it's really THAT hard to not do these ship-teasing at all in the first place? Or to focus just on one girl on the possible "romantic" front? People always blame the shippers but they tend to forget that ship wars start for a reason and that is the constant ship-baiting going around in basically everything nowadays not just Naruto/Boruto.

So in short I agree that ship wars are dumb and they bring out the worst from people on the internet but creators also have some responsability, not for shippers bad behaviour of course but to give them a bit of an imput to exist at all.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
After reading the latest Samon chapter, I definitely think it's ending. It seems very climax-y at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised if the colour announced it's ending either.

Poro turned edgy af.

Spring Weapon looked like it introduced some strong villains, but it proceeded to take the piss so I doubt its going anywhere.
 
Last edited:

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
Just curious how did Poro become edgy? Haven't been keeping up.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
SP is very guilty of this blasting us with shipping moments... but like the topic of fujos I would think shippers are a big part of alot of reasons why people follow some series. Naruto just doing it for the $$$. They gonna give false hope to people who like Sumire and Boruto just to tear it all down, the funny thing is people fall for it every single time
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Just curious how did Poro become edgy? Haven't been keeping up.
last week villain shoved his horn right through Ruika, new villain kidnapped Yuta and carved a pentagram on him with a knife
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
new villain kidnapped Yuta and carved a pentagram on him with a knife
What the hell
What happened to my cute slice of life gag manga?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Before HM, everytime Jump announce a new round Tamura is the go-to answer for who do you want back?

now that he's back who will be the go-to answer?
Kubo and Komi are pretty dividing, a lot of people like them and a lot of people don't

Matsui wrote 2 successful manga but he doesn't have that big of a fandom which is weird

Iwashiro have been axed 3 times, I don't think he will try a new series in Jump again

Shiibashi have his Giga manga

Iwamoto release a oneshot every few year then disappear

to me, I'll just spam UBS dude over and over
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Shibata? Golem Hearts dude? Monri? Tomohiro Yagi?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top